The following video presents Sony | Cyber-shot | RX100 V – 4K movie:
“The RX100 V with Fast Hybrid AF for shooting movies as well as stills features a focal plane phase-detection AF sensor for focusing and tracking accurate enough even for the rigors of 4K movie shooting*¹*². And record movies in 4K(QFHD: 3840 x 2160) with full pixel readout without pixel binning. Such 4K movies contain approx. 1.7 times as much information as is minimally required for 4K movie output. This gives 4K movie images even more outstanding resolution that complements reduced moire and jaggies.
*¹ A Class 10 or higher SDHC/ SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC format. UHS-I (U3) is also required for recording at 100Mbps.
*² Continuous recording is available for approx. 5 minutes. The duration available for the shooting may change according to shooting conditions.“
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Camera: World’s Fastest AF Speed1, World’s Most AF Points and World’s Fastest Continuous Shooting1, 4K Video Recording, 1.0″-type Exmor RS CMOS Sensor and
- Sony RX100 VI Pocket-Size, Travel Zoom Camera: World’s Fastest AF, ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 Lens, 1-Inch 20.1MP Sensor, Optical Image Stabilization, Touch LCD, 24fps Continuous Shooting with AF/AE Tracking, and 4K Movie Plus 4K HDR for Instant HDR Workflow.
Sony has quietly refreshed the RX100 V (model RX100M5A) by updating the previous model (DSC-RX100M5) with some of the features introduced in the RX100 VI. [Unfortunately, owners of existing RX100 V will not get a corresponding firmware/model upgrade.] New highlights/changes of Sony’s updated model RX100M5A include:
- Updated BIONZ X Image Processing Engine – Higher Speed
- Increased Buffer Size to 233 JPEG Images
- Improved High Frame Rate Recording Times
- Focus Area Registration
- Enhanced Peaking Function
- Proxy Recording (1280 x 720 [Approx. 9 Mbps])
- New White Balance Mode – Underwater Auto
- New Light Metering Modes: Entire Screen Avg., Highlight
- New AF Area Mode – Zone
- No in-camera ‘PlayMemories Camera Apps’
If you are debating whether to purchase the Sony RX100 V or Sony RX100 VI, remember that one of the big differences between the two models is that the RX100 V has only 2.9x optical zoom but a faster lens (24-70mm F1.8-2.8) while the RX100 VI has a longer zoom but a smaller max aperture (24-200mm F2.8-4.5).
Note that though B&H lists the updated model as RX100 VA, you will however not find a RX100 VA listed on Sony’s website. Instead, to ensure that you are purchasing the updated model, look for the model number: the “old” Sony RX100 V is model number DSC-RX100M5 while the updated one, Sony RX100 V, has model number DSC-RX100M5A.
Please support this site. You can pre-order/buy the above Sony RX100 V, Sony RX100 VI Cameras and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VA Digital Camera (Model DSC-RX100M5A)
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V Digital Camera (Model DSC-RX100M5) and Accessories
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VI Digital Camera and Accessories