The following video presents Sony | α | α6500 – Product Feature:
“The α6500 is the flagship APS-C interchangeable lens camera that puts the power to shoot professional-looking stills and movies solidly in your hands. An enhanced buffer for continuous shooting of up to 307 shots*, in-camera 5-axis optical image stabilisation, touchscreen control and super-speed AF with High-density Tracking AF Technology extend the range of your shooting capabilities. * With “Hi” continuous shooting mode and “Fine” image quality.”
Your photos could win you Sony gear.
September’s theme: STRENGTH.
Sony recently announced a new ongoing photo contest called Pushing the Lens. Submit your photos & win Sony gear. September’s theme is STRENGTH.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Sony’s Pushing the Lens Photo Contest begins September 7, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends January 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- The Contest Period consists of three (3) separate Entry Periods (each, an “Entry Period”), each with its own Judging Period (and its own prizes), as outlined below:
Entry Period: 1
Entry Period Dates: 9/7/17 – 10/15/17
(all 12:00am – 11:59pm, ET)
Judging Periods: 10/16/17 – 10/31/17
Entry Period: 2
Entry Period Dates: 11/1/17 – 11/30/17
(all 12:00am – 11:59pm, ET)
Judging Periods: 12/1/17 – 12/21/17
Entry Period: 3
Entry Period Dates: 1/1/18 – 1/31/18
(all 12:00am – 11:59pm, ET)
Judging Periods: 2/1/18 – 2/21/18
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, excluding CO, MD, NE and ND, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry.
- Employees of Sony Corporation of America (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and their affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
- Void in CO, MD, NE, ND and where prohibited by law.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”):
- Grand Prize (3 total – 1 awarded per Entry Period): A Sony α6500 Premium E-mount Camera and an E-mount Lens (Model ILCE-6500, SELP1650) (ARV: $1,699.98 each), as well as a professionally mounted and framed picture of the winner’s photo submission (ARV: $500 each).
- First Prize (12 total – 4 awarded per Entry Period): A professionally mounted and framed picture of the winner’s photo submission (ARV: $500 each).
- Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- The ARV of any prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of a prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference.
- No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included as part of the prize are excluded and are each winner’s sole responsibility (e.g., any required installation, requested upgrades/options, etc.).
- All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from participation in the Contest or award of any prize will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won.
- During the Contest Period, you may enter via Twitter.com or on your web enabled mobile device via the Instagram and Twitter applications (collectively, with Twitter and Instagram, the “Site”) by uploading a photo taken with your Sony camera or other Sony device that corresponds with the theme for that Entry Period, with the hashtags
#pushingthelens and #contest (collectively, the “hashtags”) (the “Submission”).
- The theme for each Entry Period is included on the Contest homepage www.sony.com/pushingthelens as well as on the @Sony Twitter page.
- Your Contest Entry……must include a photo and both hashtags (
#pushingthelens and #contest) to be eligible, and must be 140 characters or less including the hashtags if entering via Twitter
- All entry components submitted and Submissions uploaded (as applicable) shall herein be referred to as the “Contest Entry”.
- Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person, per method of entry for each Entry Period.
- All Contest Entries, regardless of method of entry, must be unique. You may not use the same Contest Entry for both Instagram and Twitter if you enter via both methods.
- All Contest Entries must be completed and received by the dates and times specified …. above to be included in that Entry Period’s judging.
- Contest Entries from one Entry Period will not roll over into subsequent Entry Periods, if any.
- Contest Entries will be declared to be made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the entrant’s Instagram/Twitter account (the “Entrant”). The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Sponsor may require potential winners to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder of the Instagram or Twitter account associated with the Contest Entry.…
- At the conclusion of each Entry Period, the top 5 Contest Entries will be determined from among all eligible Contest Entries on or about the dates listed in the table above, by Sponsor-selected judges, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest, based on the following criteria (0 to 30 points total): Expression of the Theme (0-10 points), Creativity (0-10 points), and Overall Composition (0-10 points).
- In the event of a tie score, the tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Expression of Theme.
- The top one (1) Contest Entry per each Entry Period will be deemed a Grand Prize winner, subject to verification.
- The next four (4) Contest Entries for each Entry Period will be deemed First Prize winners, subject to verification.
- Therefore, there will be 4 First Prizes and 1 Grand Prize awarded for each Entry Period.
Potential Prize Winners:
- All potential prize winners will be initially notified by direct message on Twitter or Instagram (as applicable) and must respond to the direct message and follow the directions indicated within the direct message, which includes providing their original photo file to verify the submission was taken with a Sony camera or other Sony device, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt or the applicable Entrant will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be determined.
- The potential Grand Prize winner for each Entry Period will also be required to sign and return, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity release, and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Affidavit”), except where prohibited, within seven (7) days of notification of him/her being a potential winner. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the completed Affidavit within seven (7) days, or if the Affidavit is returned as undeliverable or if potential Grand Prize winner is deemed ineligible, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined based on the next highest score during that Entry Period. An Affidavit will be sent to the potential Grand Prize winner via email.
- Once Grand Prize winner is verified, the potential First Prize winners for that Entry Period must follow the directions indicated in the direct message to claim the prize within seven (7) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such potential winner and an alternate First Prize winner will be determined. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply to direct message/email may result in disqualification and alternate prize winner will be determined. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
….By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Contest Entry submitted….Neither Instagram nor Twitter are affiliated with this Contest in any way and are not responsible for the administration of the Contest or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of Contest by Instagram or Twitter is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Contest Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Contest Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion….
By entering, you understand and agree that your Submission may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted online for consumers to view on Sponsor-determined sites. Sponsor will only be posting select photos (in their sole discretion). You may receive a comment (for Contest Entries submitted via Instagram) or public tweet (for Contest Entries submitted via Twitter) or a Direct message from the Sponsor in response to your Contest Entry requesting the original photograph taken….
Contest Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Contest Entries, including the photos included therein, become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entries in any way it sees fit and to incorporate them in other works in any and all markets and media. In the event that such ownership rights do not attach to the Contest Entry, Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor the exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entry and to incorporate it in other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity rights, anywhere in the world….
Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Sony Corporation of America, 25 Madison Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10010. The Administrator of the Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sony Corporation of America and not to Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined a Contest winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sony Corporation of America.
For other important info, please read the complete contest official rules at: https://www.sony.com/en_us/Pushing-Lens-Photo-Contest-Rules/ .
The following video presents Sony | α | α6500 -Ultra resolution 4K movie in Super 35mm:
“The α6500 is capable of high-resolution 4K movies of wide dynamic range in the Super 35mm format favored among cinema camera users. Full pixel readout without pixel binning collects approx. 2.4 times* (6K equivalent) as much information as is required for 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) movie output. This oversampling effect ultimately gives 4K images the realistic depth and dimension that you might experience when witnessing the actual scene. Plus, the camera is equipped with 5-axis image stabilization and touchscreen AF, offering videographers more control than ever before and a seemingly endless amount of creative possibilities. * Approx. 1.6 times at 30p recording.”
Please support this site. Buy the Sony α6500 (Model ILCE-6500) Camera and Sony E PZ 16–50 mm F3.5–5.6 OSS (SELP1650) Lens as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):