Sony kicks off IFA 2010 with impressive 3D extravaganza featuring Sir Howard Stringer and Lang Lang
Latest entertainment showcased in the ‘3D world created by Sony’ ‘Qriocity™’ network service platform announced
“The 3D train is moving forward, speedily and steadily, like China’s Harmony Express. And Sony clearly has the strongest engine in this 3D express.” Sir Howard Stringer, CEO Sony Corporation, said enthusiastically at the press conference of Sony Europe at IFA 2010. As Sony is aggressively blazing the trail in every part of the 3D universe, its hour-long press conference was held entirely in 3D.
An enormous 280-inch LED 3D screen displayed an exciting and varied line-up of 3D entertainment. Movies, the highlights of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™, the thrilling finale of 2010 Masters Golf Tournament, stereoscopic 3D games and a recital by Sony Music Entertainment artist ,and Sony’s brand ambassador, Lang Lang. His live performance on stage was also filmed and displayed in 3D.
Announcements/displayed at IFA 2010 include:
- VPL-VW90ES Home Projector to enjoy 3D cinema experience in Full HD 1080p
- STR-DA5600ES/3600ES receivers with 3D pass-through and Automatic Phase Matching
- (prototype) VAIO demonstrates 3D in Full HD, 200Hz high frame rate technology and LED backlight
- Blu-ray Disc bundle offers including “Michael Jackson’s This Is It – 3D Enhanced Edition” from Sony Pictures Entertainment and this year’s blockbuster 3D movie “Alice in Wonderland 3D” from The Walt Disney Studios. (Actual titles to be offered may differ in each country, and the details of bundle promotion is going to be announced in due course.)
- VUE cinema chain to install Sony 3D projection systems for 670 cinemas in UK
- (prototype) Sony Internet TV The world’s first HDTV powered by Google TV
- Handycam DCR-SX15E/SR15E with high-zoom light, compact and easy to use Standard Definition camcorders
- Bloggie™ Touch MHS-TS20K ‘All-in-one’ web sharing with touch screen, Full HD video, 360-degree panoramic videos and 12.8 megapixel stills images
- S-Frame digital photo frames with HD video playback and stereo sound
- Reader PRS-650/350 with touch screen, 2GB memory for storing up to 1,200 books and 12 built-in dictionaries
- XNV-L77BT/L66BT in-car multimedia AV Centre with TomTom navigation
Announcing the launch of Qriocity™, Sony’s new network service platform that connects many of Sony’s network-enabled devices, Fujio Nishida, President Sony Europe said, “Via Qriocity™, Sony will deliver a variety of digital entertainment content and services that are “powered by Qriocity”, including video, music, game applications, and e-books over time, and through these services, and in combination with its networked devices, Sony aims to bring new and exciting entertainment experiences to customers.”
Fujio Nishida also highlighted Sony’s digital imaging products which are stretching the bounds of innovation this year with a number of world’s first technologies, including Translucent Mirror Technology on the ultra-responsive new DSLR α55 and α33; interchangeable lens system on HD camcorder Handycam NEX-VG10E; Exmor R™ CMOS Sensor, 3D Sweep Panorama and Sweep Multi Angle on the Cyber-shot WX5 and TX9.
The Sony booth at IFA 2010 will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. CET daily from 3 to 8 September 2010.