This is an update to the previous blog, Sigma: Development of the Large-Aperture, Wide-Angle Prime 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary Lens with Dust- and Splash-Proof Mount for Mirrorless Cameras .
Key highlights include:
- Fast Hybrid AF
- Dust- and splash-proof design
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Image quality rivaling that of our Art line lenses
- Bright prime functionality to experience photography at its best
- Accessories Included: Petal Type Lens Hood (LH716-01), Rear and Front Cap
- “Made in Japan” with outstanding craftsmanship
|Lens Construction||16 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Angle of View (DC)||83.4º|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (Rounded)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.8 in|
|Filter Size (mm)||67mm|
|Maximum Magnifications||1: 9.9|
(Diameter x Length)
|φ72.2mm×92.3mm / 2.8in. ×3.6in|
The Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary will begin shipping late November with a US $449 retail price through authorized Sigma Corporation of America retailers.
- The corresponding AF mounts of this fast-aperture wide-angle lens are available as Sony E-Mount and Micro Four Thirds.
SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary
SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary is scheduled to start the shipment in November, 2017.
Accessories: Peatal Hood (LH716-01)
Corresponding AF mounts: Sony E-mount and Micro Four Thirds
* The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Please contact your nearest country representative regarding availability.
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):