Sekonic Announces Availability of L-308DC DigiCineMate Light Meter with Protective Skin
Compact light meter simplifies light control for digital videographers shooting with DSLR cameras and now ships with a highly visible orange skin
North White Plains, NY (June 1, 2012) – Sekonic announces today that the L-308DC DigiCineMate – a simple and easy-to-use compact light meter that is ideal for today’s DSLR videographers and digital cinematographers as well as still photographers – is now available in the U.S. with a special Protective Orange Skin.
“Capturing motion is not the same as taking a still photograph,” said Phil Bradon, Sekonic’s USA Product Marketing Manager. “Today’s DSLR videographers cannot rely on in-camera metering to balance light levels. Videographers need to control lighting to assure scene-to-scene continuity. They need a light meter. The L-308DC DigiCineMate provides everything they need in a small, compact package with unrivaled ease of use.”
Now available at time of purchase, the colorful, sure-grip orange skin makes it easy to find in any gadget bag, comfortable to operate, and adds a degree of safety when placed on surface. This amazing, compact light meter features a full range of shutter speeds plus a special grouping of cine speeds and shutter angles and indicates exposure in f-stops to one-tenth step. The unit’s LCD readout can be customized to display only specific functions needed for the task at hand for fast, easy operation.
L-308DC DigiCineMate Features
Three Ways to Meter
The compact, Sekonic L-308DC is the first meter that can be customized to display only specific functions needed for the task at hand for fast, easy operation.
- HD Cine Mode: Perfect for today’s DSLR videographers. Users can make exposure readings and control light using shutter speeds and frame rates and get aperture settings with one-tenth step accuracy.
- Cine Mode: Designed for digital cinematography. Users can select from the most useful frame rates and shutter angles for exposure control with one-tenth stop accuracy. Lux and foot-candle readout enables quick set up of lights.
- Photo Mode: Full control for traditional still-image photographers. Shutter-priority display of a full range of ambient and flash functions including Cord and Cordless flash measurement as well as ambient EV measurement.
Three Ways to Measure Light
- The L-308DC’s Lumisphere provides incident light readings for nearly foolproof exposure readings and enables lighting that scene before the talent arrives.
- The Lumidisc is perfect for lighting green screens, adjusting ratios and taking lux and foot-candle measurements.
- Reflected light readings enable measuring the brightness of subject tones, gray cards, light sources or window light.
Adjust the Sekonic L-308DC to film or digital camera sensors or match the L-308DC to other handheld meters.
Three custom settings tune meter operations and displays to fit camera and metering requirements.
Lux (lx) and foot-candle (fc) display is especially useful for cinematography, theatrical and other applications that require precise control of light source brightness. Custom settings allow users to select lux, foot-candle or no display.
About Sekonic Corporation
Sekonic Corporation Japan provides the widest range of light measurement devices for photographers around the world. Established in June 1951 as Seiko Electric Industries Co., Ltd., the first Sekonic brand exposure meter introduced was the revolutionary Sekonic P-1.
Over the years, worldwide demand for exposure meters resulted in the growth and construction of a new factory in June of 1959. By August of 1961 the Tokyo facility was authorized as a JIS Designated Factory for “electric exposure meters for photographic use”.
Through the years Sekonic meters were so well recognized that in February 1984 the Sekonic Digipro X-1 and L-518 meters, were taken into space on the NASA Space Shuttle. Today Sekonic continues to produce and develop meters for every aspect of photography serving the film, video, cinematography and digital photographic marketplace.
Sekonic products are marketed exclusively by MAC Group (www.MACGroupUS.com) in the USA, and sold by distributors around the world.