This video presents The New Way of Printing for SMB:
Recently, Samsung Electronics Canada launched Samsung Cloud Print™, a FREE-to-use cloud-based mobile printing solution that gives users a quick and easy way to print high quality documents from their mobile device to one or more printers located in their office.
- This on-the-go cloud printing solution allows users to print from locations most convenient to them – in the office, at home, and outside.
The key highlights of the Samsung Cloud Print™ app include:
- Supporting files up to 16 MB, it uses unique rendering software based in the cloud to convert files into print-ready documents without loss of quality.
- App installation and printer pairing can be completed in just a few simple steps, even without a local network connection.
- There is no need to interface with a PC.
- Users can also scan to the cloud from most Samsung MFPs (Multifunction Printers) and access the file with the app. Simply scan the document and input the phone number registered with the Samsung Cloud Print™ app, and the image will be stored in the cloud, waiting to be printed.
- It is now possible to control output using the Cloud Preview features and the ability to set various options like color / mono, paper size, and portrait / landscape rotation.
- Also supports a full range of file formats commonly used in offices, including documents, spreadsheets, images and presentation files.
The Samsung Cloud Print application can be downloaded from Samsung GALAXY Apps, Google Play or the iOS App Store.
Samsung is offering a new FREE webinar for developers of printing apps, giving them a head start when working with the latest Software Development Kit (SDK) for Samsung’s Smart UX Center.
- The webinar will take place at 3:30pm GMT on Wednesday, July 15, 2015, on the Samsung WebEx portal website.
- The webinar will be in English, and anyone who would like to join can do so for FREE by registering here.
- Joining instructions will be provided within 12 hours once access has been approved – all attendees are required to register at least 12 hours in advance.
Anyone who would like to download the SDK can visit : http://developer.samsung.com/smart-printing .
Samsung Electronics Announces SDK Webinar for Printing App Developers, Resellers & Dealers
July 10, 2015
Samsung Electronics announced that it will hold a new free webinar for developers of printing apps, giving them a head start when working with the latest Software Development Kit (SDK) for Samsung’s Smart UX Center. The webinar will take place at 3:30pm GMT on Wednesday, July 15, 2015, on the Samsung WebEx portal website. The Smart UX Center is an Android-based printing user interface that allows users to customize document management and output functions according to their specific needs. The Smart UX Center can be used in the Smart MultiXpress series, Samsung’s flagship multifunction printer range.
“Samsung understands that we cannot build a rich printing solutions ecosystem with innovative content and services on our own; we need the support and expertise of our customers, partners and the developer community. This new webinar will share the latest insights and help us to work together, so that we all can make printing simple and easy, and drive productivity for business,” said David SW Song, Senior Vice President of Strategy Marketing and Sales, Printing Solutions, Samsung Electronics. “This webinar will build on our first Smart UX Center SDK webinar in June this year, which received extremely positive feedback from printing app developers and other attendees. In fact, as a result SDK downloads increased by 20%.”
From download to verification: A step-by-step guide for developers, resellers and dealers
The webinar will provide a detailed, step-by-step guide to developing printing apps, covering everything from downloading the SDK itself, to app testing and registration.
Participating developers will benefit from an enhanced technical understanding, and a clearer view of how they can generate revenue from creating and managing printing apps for Android and Samsung platforms. Dealers and resellers will also benefit from a clearer understanding of how they can better serve current and prospective customers, and grow their business by creating more customized solutions and apps.
As well as introducing the SDK to developers, dealers and resellers, the webinar will also explain Samsung’s vision for the printing solutions ecosystem and show how the included API keys can be used to create printing apps capable of upgrading user interfaces or customizing document management functionality.
Logistics and further information
The webinar will be in English, and anyone who would like to join can do so for free by registering here. Joining instructions will be provided within 12 hours once access has been approved – all attendees are required to register at least 12 hours in advance.
Anyone who would like to download the SDK can visit : http://developer.samsung.com/smart-printing
Further information and additional printing apps developed with the SDK can be downloaded here: https://printingapps.samsung.com/apps.