The following video presents Samsung SMART CAMERA NX mini – Official Commercial from NURIA CESPEDES on Vimeo.
MAKE UP & HAIR for SAMSUNG www.nuriacespedes.com Production company Garlic. Realizador: Marcelo Burgos
Today, Samsung announces that Samsung NX mini, a mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera, won gold award at the International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2015 which is a prestigious design competition.
- NX mini is 22.5mm thick and weighs 158g.
By reinterpreting the essence of traditional cameras via a contemporary perspective, the NX mini shows a simple, classic design that is timeless.
Also, Samsung Gear VR received a bronze award.
- Gear VR is a virtual reality (VR) wearable device coupled with Samsung’s latest smartphone can be easily controlled by a touch pad.
The ergonomic design allow users to enjoy the device comfortably anytime, anywhere.
August 23, 2015
Samsung Electronics received the largest number of awards at the International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2015, one of the world’s most prestigious design competitions. The eight awards include one gold award, three silver awards and four bronze awards.
Founded in 1980 organized by the Industrial Designers Society of America, IDEA is one of the most influential design competitions recognizing creative and innovative designs.
Samsung’s award winners for this year encompass various categories ranging from home appliances to mobile phone accessories, such as the virtual reality headset – the Gear VR. Other winners include a dishwasher with a new water spraying mechanism, and the LED Flip Wallet. All of these products showcase an innovative aspect of Samsung’s business.
This year, the following item won gold award:
- NX mini – A mirrorless camera with exchangeable lenses. It is 22.5mm thick and weighs 158g. By reinterpreting the essence of traditional cameras via a contemporary perspective, the NX mini shows a simple, classic design that is timeless.
This year, the following items won silver awards:
- WaterWall Dishwasher – A dishwasher that features an effective spray bar that achieves corner to corner coverage of dishes inside in a way that rotary bars cannot. By introducing Flextray, a removable rubber pad where silverware and cooking utensils can be laid out flat and easily washed. The rubber pad can then be easily removed to move all of the silverware after the wash.
- LED Flip Wallet – The world’s first smartphone cover that displays information and messages from a smartphone with its LED display.
- Digital Appliance Design Philosophy Framework – A sentimental and relatable story that can be understood by anyone via familiar media, such as videos and books. It is used to promote the design direction of Samsung home appliances.
Also, the following four products received bronze awards:
- Gear VR – A virtual reality (VR) wearable device coupled with Samsung’s latest smartphone can be easily controlled by a touch pad. The ergonomic design allow users to enjoy the device comfortably anytime, anywhere.
- Wireless Audio – 360 portable – A wireless audio that delivers sound in all directions consistently thanks to its streamlined shape that also seamlessly blends with its surroundings.
- Personal Cooler – A portable personal cooler that is easy to move thanks to its handle. It does not require an outdoor unit to operate.
- Hotblast™ Microwave oven – The black frontal glass with a slim bezel, wide door and flushed handle make a luxurious exterior
In addition, 31 other Samsung products made it to the finalist. For instance, the beautifully designed Samsung curved SUHD TV (S9W) with a 21:9 aspect ratio has turned the TV into a work of art. Like a sculpture in a gallery, the screen of the Samsung S9W rests upon a finely crafted metal cube with its exquisite form on full display. Meanwhile, the Samsung printer UX (Smart UX Center) allows users to manage documents easily based on the features of a mobile operating system. Further, the Design Samsung webpage introduces Samsung’s values and culture based on its design philosophy.
“Samsung will continue its effort to deliver innovative design that enhances lives, by paying close attention to our users and getting inspiration from our observations.” said Boo-Keun Yoon, CEO and President of Corporate Design Center at Samsung Electronics.
Samsung Gear VR
The following video presents Gear VR Demonstration:
Watch this instructional video to see how the Galaxy Note 4 and Oculus™ power an amazing virtual reality experience. Gear VR Innovator Edition features incredibly responsive head tracking, a side-mounted touchpad, and a full 360° field of view. It truly has to be experienced to be believed.
Samsung Printer UX (Smart UX Center)
The following video presents Samsung Smart UX Center – Experience Smart, Just Like Tablet:
The appeal of Android is its exceptional ease-of-use. It is so intuitive, it just made sense to use it on a printer. We believe it will revolutionize how enterprises and their workforces use and manage their printers and multifunction devices. Operations are simple and intuitive, we can manage everything with the familiarity of our smartphones, both as individual users and the IT professionals.