Microsoft Canada has just launched the Put Your Town on the Map with Bing™ photo contest. Showcase your hometown pride by sharing favourite images of your town! The picture with the most votes from the most popular town will have his or her photo featured as the Bing.ca homepage image on Canada Day and will also win a photography prize pack courtesy of Kodak Canada Inc. and Walmart Photocentre. In addition, Canadians have the chance to win daily prizes.
Put Your Town on the Map with Bing(TM) Photo Contest
From Victoria to Petawawa: Canadians encouraged to submit photos that represent their hometowns
TORONTO, May 27 /CNW/ – Microsoft Canada in connection with Walmart PhotoCentre and Kodak Canada Inc. today announced the launch of the national Put Your Town on the Map with Bing(TM) photo contest*. Canadians are urged to submit photos they have snapped of their hometown to www.bingphotocontest.ca. The grand prize winner, and future hometown hero, will have his or her photo featured as the Bing.ca homepage image on Canada Day and will also win a photography prize pack courtesy of Kodak Canada Inc. and Walmart PhotoCentre. In addition, Canadians have the chance to win daily prizes.
“With this contest we want Canadians to kick their hometown spirit into high gear and get a chance to show it off to the rest of Canada on the Bing homepage,” said Jed Schneiderman, Director of Marketing, Bing.ca. “The Bing.ca homepage is known for featuring some of the world’s best photographs, including great Canadian landmarks, and we’re looking forward to showcasing the winning Canadian hometown photo alongside them.”
The Put Your Town on the Map with Bing(TM) photo contest runs for four weeks in length and the photo with the most votes from the most popular hometown wins. To become a winner, Canadians must drum up support from their friends, family and their community to vote for their submitted picture(s). As photo finishing and prizing associates, Walmart PhotoCentre and Kodak Canada Inc. will provide daily and grand prizing for the contest. Prizing details include:
In addition to getting his/her photo on the Bing.ca home page, the winning photographer will receive a Kodak prize pack including:
- One (1) Kodak Play Sport – Pocket Video Camera
- One (1) Kodak Pulse Digital Frame
- One (1) Kodak Slice Digital Camera
- One (1) Kodak Camera Case
- One (1) Kodak ESP 7250 All-In-One Inkjet Printer
- One (1) Kodak Inkjet Combo Ink Pack
- Two Hundred (200) 4″ x 6″ prints redeemable at any participating Walmart Canada PhotoCentre
- Ten (10) 8″x10″ photo enlargements redeemable at any participating Walmart Canada PhotoCentre
- Two (2) Kodak Picture Movie DVDs redeemable at any participating Walmart Canada PhotoCentre
- Ten (10) photo books redeemable online at Walmart Canada Photo Centre website
Based on votes, the most popular photo each day of the contest will win:
- One (1) Kodak M530 Digital Camera
- One (1) Kodak Camera Case
- One Hundred (100) 4″ x 6″ prints redeemable at any participating Walmart Canada PhotoCentre
- Five (5) 8″x10″ photo enlargements redeemable at any participating Walmart Canada PhotoCentre
- One (1) Kodak Picture Movie DVD redeemable at any participating Walmart Canada PhotoCentre
* Redeemable at Walmart PhotoCentres
(xx) Redeemable at Walmart Online
“From coast to coast, Canada offers the perfect backdrop for a national photo contest,” said David Broomfield, National Photo Manager, Walmart Canada. “We are excited to showcase the beauty of our country and look forward to promoting this contest throughout our 317 Walmart stores nation-wide.
“We are passionate about helping Canadians unleash the power of pictures through printing. Kodak is thrilled to be working with Microsoft and Walmart on this campaign and we are eager to experience the rich images Canadians submit of their hometowns,” said Sean Scammell, Strategic Channel Manager, Kodak Canada.
For more contest details, to submit your photos and vote for your favourite hometown images, visit www.bingphotocontest.ca.
* No purchase necessary. Contest open to residents of Canada. Contest closes June 22nd, 2010 at 11:00 p.m. EST. For full contest rules go to www.bingphotocontest.ca.
About Microsoft Canada
Established in 1985, Microsoft Canada Inc. is the Canadian subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq “MSFT”) the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides nationwide sales, marketing, consulting and local support services in both French and English. Headquartered in Mississauga, Microsoft Canada has nine regional offices across the country dedicated to empowering people through great software – any time, any place and on any device. For more information on Microsoft Canada, please visit www.microsoft.ca.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 317 stores, serving more than one million Canadians each day. With more than 80,000 associates, the company is Canada’s third-largest employer. In 2009, Walmart Canada’s corporate culture was ranked among the 10 most admired corporate cultures in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital Inc. For more information on Walmart Canada, visit walmart.ca.
About Kodak Canada
As the world’s foremost imaging innovation, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery – join for free today at www.kodakgallery.ca.