Back in 1980s Tokina shocked the camera market by releasing two extremely compact and lightweight lenses for full-frame film SLRs: the SZ-X 210 (70-210mm f/4-5.6) and SZ-X 270 (28-70mm f/3.5-4.5). The “SZX” stands for S – Satisfaction, Z – Zest, and X – Something unknown or exciting. Tokina has now been producing quality lenses for film SLR, DSLR, and Mirrorless cameras for many years, giving consumers choice and variety at an affordable price.
Its latest release is the Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF full-frame lens. This super tele prime lens adopts a catadioptric type optical design which allows the length of the lens to be reduced to around a third of the size of a conventional 400mm super tele lens and to weigh only about 340g (without mount adapter).
The Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF is manual focus only, with focus peaking. There is no optical image stabilizer, so you’ll have to rely on the IBIS in your camera. Since many cameras now have excellent high ISO low noise capability, shooting at F8 with a high shutter speed should possible, which means you may be able to do hand hold shooting. The optical construction of this lens creates specific donut-shaped and super smooth bokeh. It supports 67mm filters. Mount adapters are available for Canon EF, Nikon F, Fujifilm X, Micro 4/3, and Sony E.
The Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF has a relatively fast (for that focal length) F8 aperture. While the size of a traditional optical 400mm telephoto lens may be downright intimidating, besides being also heavy and incredibly expensive, the Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF offers a compact, easy-to-carry and affordable alternative for travel photographers.
SEE IMAGE SAMPLES
Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF lens worldwide sales date announcement
Jul 17, 2020
Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the sales release of Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF lens.
Sales will commence on August 7, 2020.
Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF is a 400mm super tele lens that adopts catadioptric type optical design with a constant F8 aperture. The lens offers compact alternative to standard tele photo lenses as more and more photographers are looking for easy-to-carry gear. 400mm F8 Reflex MF is designed keeping in mind active travel photographers seeking for outdoor landscape, wild nature or birds by providing compact and lightweight lens to be rediscovered in the new era of also compact but high-tech mirrorless cameras.
- Extremely compact and lightweight super tele lens
- Macro shooting with 1:2.5 magnification
- Specific donut-shaped and super smooth bokeh
- Easy and precise focusing
- Super compression effect
- Versatile mount system for 5 camera mounts including 3 mirrorless mounts
Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF adopts 0.75mm pitch and 42mm thread mount standard, that allows this lens to be attached to any camera by using different mount adapters.
Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reflex MF can be required in Solo and Kit packages as below:
- Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reﬂex MF (w/o mount adapter included)
- Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reﬂex MF to fit Nikon F (with mount adapter included)
- Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reﬂex MF to fit Canon EF (with mount adapter included)
- Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reﬂex MF to fit Sony E (with mount adapter included)
- Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reﬂex MF to fit Fujifilm X (with mount adapter included)
- Tokina SZX SUPER TELE 400mm F8 Reﬂex MF to fit Micro 4/3 (with mount adapter included)
Mount adapters can be also purchased separately:
- Tokina Mount Adapter TA-011 for Nikon F
- Tokina Mount Adapter TA-012 for Canon EF
- Tokina Mount Adapter TA-013 for Sony E
- Tokina Mount Adapter TA-014 for Fujifilm X
- Tokina Mount Adapter TA-015 for Micro 4/3
As a part of Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd., Tokina has an optical manufacturing tradition that dates back to 1950s. Tokina specializes in high-quality lenses for today’s digital single lens reflex (DSLR) and mirrorless cameras.