DMC-FZ35 – LUMIX® with New POWER O.I.S. and HD Motion Zoom Video Capture
MSP: CAD $499.99
Available in September 2009 in black
- AVCHD Lite, HD video recording; 27mm wide-angle; 18x optical zoom LEICA DC lens
- Power to shoot HD videos (including motion zoom to take advantage of the 18x zoom)
- Dedicated Video Record Button, making it a true hybrid – capturing both still and motion images – providing smooth operation in either mode
- Creative Movie Mode allows user to set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive movies
- My Color Mode gives free reign to the user’s creativity re: color, brightness and saturation parameters
- High Dynamic Mode helps to capture a scene with moderate exposure even though the scene may contain both bright and dark areas.
NEW PANASONIC LUMIX, 18X OPTICAL SUPERZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA FEATURES HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO RECORDING
LUMIX DMC-FZ35 Features New POWER O.I.S. and HD Motion Zoom Video Capture
MISSISSAUGA, ON (July 27, 2009) – Panasonic Canada Inc. announced today the new LUMIX DMC-FZ35, a digital camera featuring AVCHD Lite High Definition (HD) video recording capability, combined with a powerful 27mm wide-angle, 18x optical zoom LEICA DC lens. A successor to the popular FZ28, the FZ35 packs enhanced creative features combined with the power to shoot HD videos, including motion zoom capabilities, to take full advantage of the 18x zoom. The operational layout of the FZ35 includes a dedicated video record button, making it a true hybrid – a single model that performs seamlessly at capturing both still and motion images – while still providing smooth and easy operation in either mode.
“The LUMIX FZ35 is truly unique as it includes advanced features like HD video recording, but still resembles and functions like an intuitive point-and-shoot with the ability to capture beautiful photos and video,” said Doug Borbath, Senior Product Manager, Panasonic Imaging Group. “This model’s versatility makes it a great choice for a new or advanced user who wants a hybrid device that shoots high-quality still and motion images.”
For users looking for increased creativity while shooting both video and still images, the LUMIX FZ35 delivers. New manual controls and creative options include:
- Creative Movie Mode – Allows the user to set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive movies. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to movies, which is especially suitable for shooting fast-moving subjects. The ability to control the aperture is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances.
- My Colour Mode – This special option gives free reign to the user’s creativity. The colour, brightness and saturation parameters can be freely adjusted while seeing how the adjustments affect the picture, live on the monitor.
- High Dynamic Mode – Helps to capture a scene with moderate exposure even though the scene may contain both bright and dark areas.
The 12.1 megapixel FZ35 features the upgraded POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.), which allows for double the repression power compared to the conventional image stabilization system, MEGA O.I.S., and ultra high-speed Auto Focus (AF) for capturing action scenes as they happen. Additionally, with the super-powerful 18x optical zoom lens, it is easy to capture subjects that are far away or take dramatic close-ups.
With the enhanced energy-efficient image processing LSI – the Venus Engine HD(1) – the FZ35 has an extended battery life of approximately 470 pictures, making it the ideal choice for active photo enthusiasts. As with all Panasonic LUMIX cameras, the FZ35 features Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode, a suite of intuitive technologies including Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Exposure and Face Recognition. With the improved Face Recognition, the FZ35 recognizes up to three faces simultaneously while taking photos(2) and allows users to specify the age of the registered subject. When babies under three years-old are registered, the camera will automatically switch to Baby mode if the baby appears to be in the frame.
The LUMIX DMC-FZ35 will have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of CAD $499.99(3) and will be available in September 2009 in black.
1 Based on a CIPA standard.
2 Turn Face Recognition item ON and register the person with full-face portrait on the shooting menu in advance.
3 All prices are in Canadian Dollars. Dealer price may vary.
*Recognition performance varies greatly depending on shooting conditions, i.e., according to factors such as angles, facial expression and lighting, so operation under all conditions cannot be guaranteed. Because the camera searches for faces that are similar to registered faces, there are cases where the faces are not correctly recognized when the registered image and the shooting image varies significantly. When facial characteristics are similar, particularly between parents and their children or brothers and sisters, the camera may not distinguish the faces.
*Dynamic tracking function may fail to lock, lose the subject in AF Tracking, or track different subjects depending on the recording conditions.
*Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company’s quality standards.
* “AVCHD” is a high definition (HD) digital video recording / playback format jointly established by Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. “AVCHD Lite” is a subset of the “AVCHD format” for HD digital video cameras with HD video recording restricted to 720P. The new “AVCHD Lite” Logo and the “AVCHD Lite” License are restricted to devices within the AVCHD Video Camera category. Digital cameras have been added to the AVCHD Video Camera category.
*The “AVCHD Lite” and the “AVCHD Lite” logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
*AVCHD Lite motion images recorded onto an SD Memory Card or a DVD disc cannot be played from a device that does not support the AVCHD standard.
*All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
*This unit is compatible with both SD Memory Cards and SDHC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using a SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
*Some accessories are not available in some countries.
*The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
*Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Panasonic imaging products are marketed in Canada by Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI). PCI is an affiliate of Panasonic Corporation (PC) of Japan, one of the world’s largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can call Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-5505 or access Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.ca.