The following video presents [NEW] Introducing LUMIX FZ1000 II:
“The High-Performance, Versatile Bridge Camera LUMIX FZ1000 II with 1-inch Large High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and 16x Optical Zoom* Featuring 4K PHOTO and 4K Video Recording
*35mm camera equivalent: 25-400mm“
Panasonic Canada has announced the LUMIX FZ1000 II, with 20.1MP resolution (on a 1-inch sensor), a 25mm ultra-wide angle for wide landscapes and a 16x telephoto reach. The FZ1000 II features a 5-axis hybrid optical image stabilization, a 3.0-inch 1,240k-dot free-angle rear monitor and shoots 4K video.
Major features of the LUMIX FZ100 II:
- 25mm ultra wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens with 16x optical zoom
- 1-inch 20.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine
- 4K capability that brings an evolution in videography and photography
- High-speed response and stunning mobility
- Intuitive control by OLED LVF, new touch-control rear monitor and optimum design
PANASONIC CANADA ANNOUNCES NEW HIGH-PERFORMANCE HYBRID BRIDGE CAMERA, THE LUMIX FZ1000 II
New FZ series camera features 4K video and photo capturing, 1-inch large high sensitivity MOS sensor and 16x optical zoom
MISSISSAUGA, ON (February 18, 2019) – Panasonic is proud to introduce the new hybrid bridge camera LUMIX FZ1000 II that boasts a 1-inch large High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and 4K PHOTO and 4K video recording capability as the latest member of the popular high-zoom FZ series.
The Panasonic LUMIX FZ1000 II will be available at select Canadian retailers and the Panasonic eStore in May 2019 with an MSRP of $1,199 (CDN).
25mm Ultra Wide-Angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens with 16x Optical Zoom
The 16x optical zoom LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens is integrated to achieve optimal detail and resolution corner to corner. The large-sized MOS Sensor helps to produce a beautiful defocus effect. The LUMIX FZ1000 II includes the Zoom Compose Assist function which helps to find the subject quickly even when using telephoto shooting. This new function makes it possible to zoom out and quickly retarget the subject at the original zoom ratio with a press of the dedicated button.
1-inch 20.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
The 1-inch large 20.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor boasts a high S/N ratio, making it possible to capture clear images with minimum noise even when shot at a high ISO. The Venus Engine features multiple noise reduction systems, such as Multi Process NR, a Random Filter, and an Aperture Filter, to achieve high color reproduction and high image quality with natural description. For more creative expression, L.Monochrome and L.Monochrome D modes are newly added to Photo Style, making it possible to shoot dynamic monochrome photos with emphasized highlights and shadows while preserving the details. The user can adjust the grain effect between High/Standard/Low for more creative monochrome photo shooting.
4K capability brings an evolution in videography and photography
The LUMIX FZ1000 II records stunningly smooth, high-resolution 4K video. Taking advantage of 4K technology, users can enjoy using 4K PHOTO with three exclusive integrated functions to make 4K photography even easier: 4K Burst Shooting, 4K Burst (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-burst.
Choosing the best shot out of hundreds of frames recorded with 4K PHOTO is now easier with the newly added Auto Marking function allowing users to jump to the nearest frame where the differences are obvious between consecutive frames to minimize the time it takes to choose the best shot. Sequence Composition makes it possible to make a composite image by synthesizing multiple images shot with 4K PHOTO. A unique image reflecting the subject’s motion can be produced easily in the camera without needing a special editing program.
The LUMIX FZ1000 II also comes with the Post Focus function that enables users to select the in-focus area even after shooting, helpful in situations like macro shooting. This function has been developed by combining the high-speed, high-precision Depth From Defocus (DFD) auto focus technology and 4K technology.
A newly integrated Focus Stacking function enables users to adjust the focus area after shooting by combining multiple images shot with the Post Focus function in the camera. Users can easily get images with the defocus as they want by simply selecting the focus area after shooting.
High-Speed Response and Stunning Mobility
Superior in response, the LUMIX FZ1000 II features combined DFD technology with Light Speed AF of approx. 0.09 sec.*1 Together with the short release time lag and quick start-up time, the LUMIX FZ1000 II never misses those fleeting photo opportunities. High speed bursts can be shot at 12 fps (AFS, JPEG/RAW). It also performs with max.1/4000 (mechanical) and 1/16000 (electronic) high shutter speed.
Intuitive Control by OLED LVF, new touch-control rear monitor and optimum design
The LUMIX FZ1000 II incorporates a new high-precision, high-speed Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) Live View Finder (LVF). With 0.39-inch 2,360k-dot high resolution in 4:3 aspect, the new LVF boasts approx. 0.74x (35mm camera equiv.) magnification and 100 per cent field of view. The new 3.0-inch 1,240k-dot free-angle rear monitor with touch control rotates 180° to the side and tilts 270° up and down. The menu is also refined to enhance ease of use.
The 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilizer+ (O.I.S.) with Active Mode effectively compensates for hand shake. Creative Video mode, High Speed video in Full-HD, Time Lapse Shot, and Stop Motion Animation are also available for a greater variety of video expression.
- For more creative freedom, Creative Control, Creative Panorama and Photo Style are available.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi® connectivity offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation and minimum power consumption. Once the camera is connected to a smartphone or tablet installed with Panasonic’s dedicated application software Panasonic Image App for iOS and Android, users can shoot, browse and share images remotely.
- Long battery life of approximately 440 pictures per charge and AC/USB Power Charging.
- Focus Bracket and Aperture Bracket are new additions to the conventional Exposure Bracket and WB Brackets for users to choose the best shot later. In Focus Bracket, a maximum of 999 images can be shot with different focus points. The Aperture Bracket lets users have multiple shots with different depths of field.
*1 Based on the CIPA standard, when using the rear monitor.
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
• The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company’s quality standards.
• All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
• Some accessories are not available in some countries.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Canada Inc.
A subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, Panasonic Canada Inc. provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions to meet consumer, business and industrial needs. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can visit Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.com.
Follow Panasonic Canada
For the latest news and updates, visit Panasonic Canada’s social channels:
Facebook: Panasonic Canada
YouTube: Panasonic Canada
LinkedIn: Panasonic Canada
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the Panasonic LUMIX FZ1000 II Camera from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):