Panasonic LUMIX Line-Up Gets Ready for Fall with Super Zoom Capabilities, Creative Control and Social Media Connectivity
MISSISSAUGA, ON (August 26, 2011) – Panasonic Canada Inc. today revealed the latest additions to its LUMIX family of digital cameras with the launch of three new models and two new high zoom lenses. From amateur shutterbugs to professional photographers, photo enthusiasts at every level will appreciate the easy-to-use features, high-end HD photo quality and intense zoom of Panasonic LUMIX digital imaging technology.
“The popular LUMIX FZ and G-Series digital cameras offer something for everyone – from impressive close up capabilities and accessible functions to exceptional image quality and speed,” said Doug Borbath, Senior Product Manager, Digital Still Camera, Panasonic Canada Inc. “And when coupled with our new and existing interchangeable line up of lens options Canadian photo enthusiasts are sure to find what they are looking for with LUMIX.”
New LUMIX Digital Camera Models – Key Features
LUMIX DMC-FZ47 Digital Camera
The LUMIX FZ47 packs a powerful 24x optical zoom in a 25mm ultra-wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens – giving users the convenience of high zoom, without the need to switch lenses during shooting. Additional features of note include:
- With a 12.1-megapixel Hi-Speed CCD sensor, the FZ47 can produce the large-capacity signal processing required for 1920 x 1080 full-HD video recording in the AVCHD format and high-speed continuous shooting
- Intelligent Resolution extends the zoom by 1.3x times, to a 32x zoom length
- Sonic Speed AF (Auto Focus) allows for a quick start-up time, approximately 35 per cent faster than the Panasonic LUMIZ FZ40, and an incredibly fast response time
- Creative Video mode lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually, a unique feature while filming
- Easy photo and video sharing via Facebook and YouTube: as soon as the camera is connected to the computer it will prompt the user with an easy-to-follow menu asking if they want to share the images – no software needed
- Available in black for an MSRP of $399.99, starting in August 2011
LUMIX DMC-FZ150 Digital Camera
The top-end model of LUMIX’s FZ series, the FZ150 combines a new 12.1-megapixel MOS sensor and Venus Engine to give the camera high performance image recording capability in both higher light sensitivity and speed. The FZ150’s additional key features include:
- Full manual control, in addition to Intelligent Auto mode, gives users the ability to manage all settings
- Intelligent Zoom technology extends the zoom ratio by approximately 1.3x – virtually increasing optical zoom from 24x to 32x
- 1920 x 1080 60p Full-HD AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format paired with the ability to use the 24x optical zoom feature while recording video
- The FZ150 is equipped with a hot shoe which allows the attachment of various accessories including an optional stereo microphone or an optional external flash
- Available in black for an MSRP of $499.99, starting in late-September 2011
Both the FZ47 and FZ150 super-zoom cameras feature:
New LUMIX Interchangeable Lenses
Crystallizing Panasonic’s optical technologies, the LUMIX X lenses feature superb image rendering for life-like textures and crisp edge-to-edge contrast. And a unique Nano Surface Coating helps minimize ghosting and flare in natural atmospheres with remarkable transparency. The new X series lenses are compatible with the DMC-GF3X; and DMC-GF3, DMC-G3 and DMC-GF2 with a firmware upgrade.
LUMIX DMC-GF3X: A Digital Camera Kit Featuring the HSP14042 Interchangeable Lens
The GF3, Panasonic’s smallest and lightest compact system announced earlier this year, is now available with electric-powered zoom operation with the retractable and extremely compact Power Zoom H-PS14042 lens. The LUMIX GF3X will be available in a black body and black lens in October 2011 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $799.99.
HSP14042 Interchangeable Lens:
- Approximately 26.8mm in length and weighing approximately 3.35oz, to offer ultra-high portability
- Offers a versatile zoom range of 14-42mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-84mm
- Will be available for an MSRP of $449.99
HSP45175 Interchangeable Lens:
- A Multi-Actuator Floating Inner Focus System controls three lens groups separately to achieve a downsize in both size and weight without compromising picture quality
- Features two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) lenses which suppress chromatic aberration (a type of distortion to image colour) and contribute to sharp and detailed images throughout the entire zoom range of 45-175mm
- Seven aperture blades help produce a smoothness in out-of-focus areas, even while shooting at large aperture
- An inner focus system with a stepping-motor supports Light Speed AF (Auto Focus) of approximately 0.15 of a second
- Fast aperture control results in a shortened shutter time lag of approximately 20 per cent when compared to the LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm/F4.0-5.6/MEGA O.I.S
- Available in black starting September 2011 for an MSRP of $549.99
DMC-LX5 Firmware Update
Available for download in September, this firmware upgrade will help to improve performance and enhance usability by upgrading key camera functions, including:
- Redesigned algorithm which will speed up autofocus time
- Active Mode will be integrated into the effective hand-shake correction system POWER O.I.S., helping users shoot more stable video even while walking
- Improved shutter operation to incorporate continuous focusing with half-shutter and full-shutter shooting
- Firmware upgrade will be available mid September on Panasonic.ca
1The picture size may be reduced
2The picture size is fixed to 2M (16:9)
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company’s quality standards.
The “AVCHD” is a high definition (HD) digital video recording / playback format jointly established by Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
Panasonic products are marketed in Canada by Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI). PCI is a subsidiary of Panasonic North America, one of the world’s largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can call Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-5505 or access Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.ca.