The 2010 World Cup is over and we’ll all seen the photos during this football (soccer) tournament. A number of interesting observations from The Big Picture photo gallery:
- Picture #12: Some of the photos were taken remotely.
- Pictures #30 and 37: Good thing for Addidas, the official sponsor, that Spain won or else the Nike logo would be on every TV screen and print.
- Picture #33: We should definitely repeat this experiment and perhaps discover that Octopuses straddle time and space.
- Pictures #38 and #42: Judging by the lens color as well as body shape, it seems that most sports photographers at the World Cup use Nikon DSLRs.
- Picture #39: You could never take these overhead pictures with a traditional optical viewfinder. So, all hail the LCD display screen!
- Picture #43: Simple but fantastic opening and closing ceremonies.