The World Photography Organisation announced that it is bringing the third edition of its highly successful Shanghai fair under a new brand, PHOTOFAIRS, international art fairs dedicated to photography.
- Fair destinations include PHOTOFAIRS | Shanghai, 9-11 September 2016 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center in China and PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco, 27-29 January 2017 in the Festival Pavilion at the Fort Mason Center in California, USA.
- In each of its destinations, PHOTOFAIRS is dedicated to presenting fine art photography and moving image from leading international galleries and their artists.
- Confirmed galleries for both the Shanghai and San Francisco editions include: Blindspot Gallery (Hong Kong); ShanghArt (Shanghai, Beijing & Singapore); Camera Work (Berlin); Flowers Gallery (London, & New York), and Eric Franck (London).
PHOTOFAIRS | Shanghai is “leading the conversation around the collection of photography across the Asia-Pacific region and beyond.”
- More info about the public exhibitions and talks is given at photofairs-shanghai-public-programe-and-partners-release_4-Aug_EN.pdf (pdf).
- Public Opening – Saturday 10 – Sunday 11 September 2016.
PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco “will collaborate with leading international galleries to offer a highly curated exhibition of fine art photography by the most exciting emerging and established artists from across the world.”
We are very excited to participate in the first edition of PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco at Fort Mason. For the gallery it is a great opportunity to show in San Francisco which is not only a serious and knowledgeable center of interest in photography, but also one of the most dynamic market places in the United States. Following his success with PHOTOFAIRS | Shanghai, Artistic Director, Alexander Montague-Sparey, is set to bring a highly curated and elegant contemporary fair to the West Coast – continuing a model that sets the standard for the future of the photography art fair.
James Danziger, Danziger Gallery
- Galleries will showcase vintage and contemporary photographs,
- Also, there will be an extensive public program featuring Conversations and Insights. The curatorial team for the Public Program will be announced shortly.
- Public Opening – Friday 27 – Sunday 29 January 2017.
PHOTOFAIRS invites you to submit a proposal for the inaugural edition of PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco.
- It is a highly curated selection of 60 galleries across three exhibiting sectors; Main, Platform and Connected.
- Main welcomes ambitious, museum-quality presentations from international modern and contemporary galleries. Galleries applying to this sector are welcome to propose solo or group artist exhibitions.
- Platform spotlights international galleries that have never before exhibited in the US. Offering a significant and highly subsidised platform within PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco, this sector demonstrates PHOTOFAIRS commitment to supporting international galleries and artists.
- Connected focuses on artists that breakdown the barrier between the artistic disciplines of photography and moving image, in order to create visually powerful narratives. This sector will be overseen by an independent curator, and will be supported by an extensive talks program.
Application Deadline: The deadline to submit a proposal for PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco is September 30 2016.
- Applications can be made via the PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco Application Form (pdf) and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that there is no fee associated with your application.
- For more info about the Applications 2017 for PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco, including booth rate per sqm, please visit http://www.photosanfrancisco.org/exhibiting/application-2017.html .
- For all application enquiries, please contact:
Group Fair Manager