Panasonic is inviting all U.S. college and university photography students to enter their first Changing Photography contest.
(Can Canadian college and university photography students also enter? Not according to the Rules, though the FAQ say, yes. We’re checking with Panasonic.)
Update 2013-09-03: We originally posted this entry on Aug 27 and we have now received confirmation that Canadian student entries will be accepted.
PHASE 1: Submit your video link (no more than 2 mins in length). Deadline: September 20, 2013.
PHASE 2: Panasonic will choose 10 finalists from PHASE 1, whose school will receive a brand-new LUMIX GH3.
These finalists must shoot a 2nd video on the LUMIX GH3. Deadline: October 15th, 2013.
PHASE 3: Final winners will be chosen and and announced at the 30th Anniversary PhotoPlus Expo Bash
on October 25th at the Jacob K. Javits Center in NYC.
Though there are five categories you can enter your videos in, the categories themselves are solely for categorizing purposes. Categories are: PORTRAIT | WEDDING / EVENT | JOURNALISM | GREETING CARD / INVITATION | GENERAL
- 10 winners of Round one(1) will win a GH3 Lumix camera system with 12-35mm F2.8 lens to be kept by the school’s photography program following the close of the contest.
- Finalists must use the Lumix GH3 camera system to produce their second piece of hybrid photography. This is the only work that will be evaluated for grand prize consideration.
- Students who re-submit their entries shot on the Lumix systems will be exhibited at Photo District News® 30th Anniversary Bash and online as winners of Round one(1).This is subject to Sponsor’s approval of the submission.
- 1st, 2nd place winners of Round two(2) will receive their own personal GH3 with 12-35 mm lens separate from the school to keep.
- 3rd place will receive a Lumix GX7 separate from the camera provided to the school.