PANASONIC SERVES UP CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY AT THE US OPEN TO ENHANCE SPECTATOR EXPERIENCE
Expansion of Sponsorship to Include LUMIX Digital Cameras and Installation of Large-Screen High Definition Digital LED Boards Throughout USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
SECAUCUS, NJ (August 27, 2012) – Panasonic, a worldwide leader in home entertainment technology, and Official Television, Home Entertainment and Imaging sponsor of the US Open, announced its plans for the 2012 US Open Tennis Championships which begins today and runs through Sunday, September 9 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, NY. At this year’s event, Panasonic will feature three separate environments located in key locations throughout the Tennis Center, each offering a different experience for tennis fans.
This year for the first time, the sponsorship expands to include Panasonic’s line of critically acclaimed LUMIX digital cameras and the installation of large screen, high definition displays in public areas throughout the venue.
See Latest Home Entertainment Technology
In the Panasonic Gallery, now a fixture at the Open, located on the ground level of Louis Armstrong Stadium, Panasonic will once again be featuring the latest large-screen Smart VIERA HDTVs, through which consumers will be able to share the court with a Virtual Mardy Fish, experience the immersive world of Full HD 3D, as well see how Panasonic technology keeps you connected to your world via VIERA Connect web services including Skype, Facebook, Twitter and much more.
LUMIX Cameras Debut at 2012 Open
With the debut in 2012 of LUMIX Cameras to the US Open sponsorship, fans will have the opportunity to capture and share their own US Open experiences in a unique Panasonic LUMIX Loaner Program. US Open-goers who visit the Panasonic South Booth Plaza in front of Court 10 can borrow one of a range of LUMIX digital camera models for use on site throughout their time at the Tennis Center. There will be four different LUMIX camera models available.
- The GF5 with fast auto focus and its ability to automatically recommend creative effects with a touch enabled display make it a hit.
- The LX7 with its F1.4 Leica optics is equipped with a new 3.0-inch display that will make it a courtside favorite.
- The FZ200 with a fast F2.8, 25 to 600mm zoom lens and 12 frames per second burst rate will yield great images no matter where your seats are located.
- The ZS19 with its powerful 20x optical zoom draws your subjects right up close and is able to auto focus in 0.1 second making you a winner even if you have amateur status.
Panasonic will also give US Open fans who visit the Panasonic booth located at the Food Village a unique opportunity to Skype video chat with family and friends and catch them up on all of the happenings at the US Open directly from a Panasonic Smart VIERA Plasma HDTV using VIERA Connect, Panasonic’s connected TV platform.
In addition, Panasonic brings US Open fans fifteen new large LED video boards throughout the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center including Arthur Ashe Stadium, Louis Armstrong Stadium, the Food Village and the South Plaza. “Fans can now watch all of the action and review the player challenges in crisp, clear high definition”, said Jim Doyle, President of Panasonic Eco Solutions North America.
- Panasonic installed Impact 8 LED products which are the highest resolution systems available today for outdoor applications. The Impact modular LED products are very flexible as evidenced by the various screen sizes and configurations at the US Open. From small ticket window and food court systems, to the special Octagon Building displays, to large video screens for image magnification, replays, games statistics, tournament standings and sponsor messaging.
- High resolution LED controllers and scalers allow Panasonic to integrate any type of video or statistical data and place it properly on any video board size or shape.