This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Panasonic is Developing “Light ID solution”: The High-speed Visible Light Communication Technology Via App-Installed Smartphone’s Image Sensor (Camera),
- Panasonic’s Interactive Light ID Solutions Coming to Stores or Public Places Near You by March 2016: Require an App-installed Smartphone, and
- Panasonic’s Light ID Technology + ComQi-Powered Displays: To Enhance the Shopping Experience for Connected Consumers Via Smartphones.
Panasonic recently renamed “Light ID” to the new brand name LinkRay.
- “Light ID” will still be used as a term to describe the technology used in LinkRay.
The following video presents Introducing Panasonic LinkRay – Delivering mobile content via LED light communication:
“Panasonic has developed the most advanced content delivery service to date, using visible light communication. LinkRay delivers mobile content by enabling ordinary smartphones to read IDs sent from LED transmitters, such as displays, signboards and spotlights, and to connect to associated mobile content. End users connect to content quickly, easily and securely for a simple, fast, intuitive and impactful end user experience.“
For businesses, Panasonic provides total support for the customer’s information service.
- Panasonic’s one-stop service delivers everything required for a LinkRay information service, ranging from devices and systems to platforms for content distribution. For more info, please visit http://panasonic.net/avc/LinkRay/strength.html.
- Also, Panasonic combines the LinkRay transmission function, smartphone application, and LinkRay service platform necessary for launching a LinkRay service for a specific purpose or situation and offers them as a package.* This allows the customer to smoothly and swiftly start a LinkRay information service. For more info, please visit http://panasonic.net/avc/LinkRay/solutions.html.
* Customization is required according to the customer’s operating environment.
This advanced content delivery service uses visible light communication to provide detailed information through modulating LEDs at a speed unperceivable to the human eye. The system uses a mobile app, allowing smartphones to read IDs sent from LED transmitters such as digital displays, LED signboards and even LED spotlights. LinkRay enables targeted content to be activated by a consumer launching the app and pointing their mobile phone camera at the signage, even if the area is crowded or from a distance.
For users with the following approved models for the LinkRay Application, download the app for FREE:
- iOS devices (iOS8 & later): iPhone 5s / iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6s / iPhone 6s Plus / iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus / iPad Air2. LinkRay does not work with the iPod touch series or models before iPhone5C. Download the app for FREE at https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1080502893?mt=8
- Android devices (Android5.0 & later): Galaxy S6 edge / Galaxy S6 / Nexus5 / Nexus5X / Nexus6P / Nexus6. Download the app for FREE at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.panasonic.jp.lightid&hl=en
The operation of models other than those listed above is also being sequentially verified.
For answers to FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), please visit http://panasonic.net/avc/LinkRay/faq.html.
The following video presents Panasonic LinkRay – Use Cases – Delivering mobile content via LED light communication:
Panasonic Introduces “LinkRay” – The New Name for Its “Light ID” Communication Technology
Sep 21, 2016
Osaka, Japan – Panasonic Corporation developed proprietary visible light communication technology, which enables smartphones with dedicated apps to access information contained in visible light emitted by transmitters. This technology referred to as “Light ID” until recently has been renamed “LinkRay”.
This name as well as its corresponding logo marks will be introduced globally in various promotional activities starting September this year. “Light ID” will still be used as a term to describe the technology used in LinkRay.
The following video presents LinkRay Promotion Clip: