The following video presents Panasonic Live @ IBC – Innovations in studio cameras from Panasonic:
“Europe’s biggest broadcasters have started the process of transitioning to a 4K work flow. At the forefront of this is Panasonic providing the hardware and infrastructure that are finally bringing Ultra High Definition to your screens at home. Martin Snedevig from Panasonic introduces two new Panasonic … products.“
Panasonic recently announced firmware updates (9 Oct., 2018) for the 4K Studio Camera AK-UC3000 (models AK-UC3000G/GS, AK-UC3000MC/MS) and HD Studio Handy Camera AK-HC5000 (models AK-HC5000G/GS, AK-HC5000MC/MS)
The updates for both Panasonic Cameras AK-UC3000 and AK-HC5000 will allow the following problems to be fixed:
- If the menu button is pressed repeatedly right after the camera is booted up, the menu screen may not be displayed.
- If AUTO SET UP (ASU) is executed, the SHUTTER value may not be the one appropriate for the set format.
• If 59.94i/59.94p format is set, the SHUTTER value may be, for example, 24.1 Hz. (The normal range is from 61.7 to 6,130 Hz.)
• Even if the format is changed from 60 Hz to 50 Hz, the SHUTTER value will not be converted. (After 1/120 SHUTTER for 60 Hz is stored in a user file, if the format is changed to 50 Hz, it is normal that SHUTTER should be converted to “1/125” and loaded. But, actually, it remains “1/120”.)
- The on-screen indication for DETAIL SETTING will not change according to the switching operation between HD and UHD formats via CCU. (Normal indication is “DETAIL: ON (or OFF)” in HD format and “—“ in UHD format.)
- It is normal that G GAIN AWB should be “0” when both RGB GAIN ABS DISP SWITCH (function to display RGB Gain with an absolute value) and G GAIN REL CONTROL SWITCH (function to control Gch Gain with a relative value) are set to ON. But it will not be applied to the G GAIN AWB indication on the ROP.
- On MODE CHECK screen, the setting values of GRIP RET (function to switch the return signal via RET button on the grip) and GRIP PTT (function to switch the intercom mic ON/OFF, etc.) are replaced with each other.
- IP streaming image is shifted upwards when it is output.
For more info and to download this firmware update, please visit:
- https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upguc3000_e.htm for the Panasonic 4K Studio Camera AK-UC3000, or
- https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upghc5000_e.htm for the Panasonic HD Studio Handy Camera AK-HC5000.
Please support this site. Special Order / Buy the Panasonic 4K Studio Camera AK-UC3000, HD Studio Handy Camera AK-HC5000 and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Panasonic 4K Studio Camera AK-UC3000 and Accessories
- Panasonic HD Studio Handy Camera AK-HC5000 and Accessories