PANASONIC INTRODUCES FOUR NEW CONVERSION LENSES FOR THE LUMIX G SERIES OF COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERAS
MISSISSAUGA, ON (January 10, 2012) – Panasonic Canada Inc. today announced four new conversion lenses that are compatible with two Panasonic Micro Four Thirds lenses – the H-PS14042 (LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S.) and H-H014* (LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.) – both of which are from the LUMIX G Series and are compatible with the company’s compact system cameras (CSC).
These new compact and lightweight conversion lenses for Panasonic LUMIX G series digital cameras are built to be mobile and allow users to easily switch between lenses and enjoy the benefits and flexibility of different shooting options and angles. The four new conversion lenses include:
• DMW-GWC1 Wide Conversion Lens: Helps to capture dynamic scenery with a wider viewing angle and extends the focal length of wide-end from 14mm to 11mm when attached to the front of the lens. Also helpful when shooting indoor group photos where space is often limited. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses )*
• DMW-GTC1 Tele Conversion Lens: Helps capture a subject that is faraway by extending the focal length of tele-end from 42mm to 84mm when attached to the front of the lens.** This conversion lens is particularly helpful when shooting long-distance street-view shots while traveling. (Compatible with H-PS14042 lens only)
• DMW-GMC1 Macro Conversion Lens: Designed to enable extremely close macro shooting at a focus distance of just 0.14m when attached to the front of the lens.*** This conversion lens is ideal for capturing amazing detail in small subjects such as flowers and insects. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
• DMW-GFC1 Fisheye Conversion Lens: Helps users shoot creative and unique photographs with a rounded, 120-degree angle, effect. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
All four conversion lenses come with an adaptor ring for use with the H-PS14042 lens and H-H014, with the exception of the DMC-GTC1, which is compatible with the H-PS14042 only.
The H-PS14042 (the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S.) is a cutting-edge interchangeable lens with electric-powered zoom operation from Panasonic’s premium lens brand “X” for LUMIX G Series. Using Panasonic’s optical technologies, the new lens features superb image rendering for lifelike textures and crisp edge-to-edge contrast. The H-H014 (LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.) lens is an extremely lightweight and compact single focal length lens with a 14mm wide angle and F2.5 brightness. Taking advantage of the wide angle of view and deep depth of field, the compact lens offers excellent performance in shooting of not only landscapes but also snapshots or indoor shooting.
Pricing and availability will be announced at a later date.
* The DMW-GTC1 is not compatible with the H-H014 lens.
**Attachable when the lens is at tele-end
*** Closest focusing distance is 0.14m with H-H014 and 0.16m with H-PS14042. Longest Focusing Distance is 0.23m with H-H014 and 0.26m with H-PS14042.
Panasonic products are marketed in Canada by Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI). PCI is an affiliate of Panasonic Corporation (PC) of Japan, one of the world’s largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can call Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-5505 or access Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.ca.