At one of the world’s largest motor shows held in Shanghai, China – the “Auto Shanghai 2015,” in April, where many global automotive companies gather, Panasonic presented the next generation concept car, a state-of-the-art vehicle that combines environmental-friendly solar panel modules with features that enhance the comfort and safety of drivers.
This video presents Next generation concept car CG [Panasonic]:
The key features of Panasonic’s next generation concept car also include:
- The “curved LCD display,” which has been shaped to fit the dashboard, introduces useful information such as navigation routes and camera images.
- The 360-degree view cameras system equipped with Panasonic’s unique camera and sensing technologies, lithium-ion batteries that help promote new energy vehicles.
- The “heads-up display” will help make the driving experience more comfortable by displaying the speed at which the car is traveling and information that enhances safety.
- The “e-Center Console Box” gives drivers control over the entire system at their fingertips.
- The aesthetic seat equipped with “nanoe” allows drivers and passengers to enjoy simple treatments, while the rear seat “communication display” provides new entertainment that enable passengers to enjoy games as though they were in their own living room or plan road trips.
In April this year, we introduced the new business brand, ‘Panasonic Automotive’ to provide automotive solutions to customers in China that are more ‘comfortable,’ ‘safe,’ and ‘eco-conscious.’
Hidetoshi Osawa, Panasonic Managing Director and Regional Head for China and Northeast Asia
As vehicle electrification progresses, we will increasingly take advantage of products and technologies such as digital AV, software, and eco technologies we have cultivated through our home electronics to make an even greater contribution. We hope to become a partner car manufacturers will not be able to do without and help create a new future for automobiles.
Motoshi Hisada, President of Panasonic Automotive Systems China
The following video presents The Connected Car – What Feature Is Most Important To Consumers?:
With so much interest in the Connected Car, what’s the one thing consumers are increasingly worried about? Watch Panasonic Automotive Systems Company President Tom Gebhardt address that concern and explain how our innovative technology has turned the idea of a Connected Car into a reality.