The following video presents Share Your Vision – Enter EVA1 Video Contest | Panasonic:
“Filmmakers are invited to share their videos shot on EVA1 and compete for €5.000/$6.000. A stellar judging panel of film-makers and cinematographers are going to select two winners, one in the Fiction and Nonfiction category….“
- Filmmakers can showcase their best work with the #EVA1 and have a chance to win €5.000/$6.000!
- Participants must be professional users of the Panasonic EVA1 camera, be at least 18 years old and U.S. residents or residents of one of the following European countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Greece, Malta, Finland, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra and Bulgaria.
- All applicable laws and regulations apply.
- No purchase of Panasonic equipment is necessary to enter the Contest and will not improve the chances of winning.
- The Contest is not open to Panasonic employees, their family members or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
- The contest will be void outside the countries listed above and where it would be prohibited or restricted by law.
The winner from United States will be awarded $6000 and the winner from Europe €5000, respectively.
- The winners (one per category: Fiction and Non-Fiction) of the Contest will win 5000 EUR (five thousand euros) who reside in Europe or USD$6000 who reside in United States.
- The prize is not transferable to another person.
- The Promoter receives the right to invite the winners for an interview and winners agree that any footage from the interview will be owned by Promoter and they may use that interview footage in any way they see fit.
Entry & Submission
- Sign up ends at 12:55PM CEST, Friday, Aug 24, 2018.
- Participants can submit multiple videos, but each entry must be submitted separately.
Step 1.Fill in the form at https://eva1contest.hscampaigns.com/ ;
Step 2. Submit the link to your video shot on the EVA1 to compete in one of two categories: Fiction and Non-Fiction. The Participant will be obliged during registration for the Contest, to specify the category in which he/she wishes to be included in;
Step 3. Submit the evidence that the video was shot on EVA1 (BTS video or photo);
Step 4. Subscribe to Panasonic’s Varicam & EVA1 channel, where all approved videos will be published, at https://www.youtube.com/c/VariCamEVA1.
- The Winners (one per category) will be determined by the judging panel based on the following judging criteria: 30% – technical qualities; 40% – artistic qualities of cinematography and 30% – artistic qualities of the overall work. The names of the winners will be revealed …. on the Varicam & EVA1 YouTube and Social Media pages. Judges’ decisions are final and in the event of a tie, tied Submissions will be re-judged based solely on technical qualities.
- Jury Screenings: 25 August 2018 – 10 September 2018
A distinguished panel of judges, including cinematographers Matthias Bolliger, William Wages, ASC, Elle Schneider, Johnny Derango will select two winners, one in the Fiction and Nonfiction categories.
- Winners Announcement: 14 -18 September 2018
The winners will be announced during IBC 2018 in Amsterdam and published across Varicam/EVA1 YouTube channel and social media accounts.
…the Participant agrees that the Promoter shall have the right to disseminate the Work and all the elements that are associated with it (especially title, text, soundtrack, the Work description, pseudonym biography of the Participant, visual extracts of the Work to illustrate or accompany the Work or represent the Participant) for any promotional purpose on the Website, Contest page, Facebook and YouTUbe page, and on all online media and paper media of its affiliates.
This operating right includes the right to access, use, reproduce, disseminate, distribute, and publish the Work on the website of any third party chosen by the Promoter.This operating authorization is granted free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide and through 30 September 2019. The Promoter reserves the right to retain this online content and is committed to put it offline on request of the Participant via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Europe) and VideoProductionSolutions@us.panasonic.com (USA).
…the Participant authorizes the Promoter directly or by any person of their choice, to capture or fix all or part of any Contest related events (exhibition, festivals and final), including image and voice of the Participant for use in promotion of the Contest, in any media or non-media supports on the Internet (on social networks and websites of the Promoter for example) in all European countries associated with the Contest, as well as the U.S., including in person events. The Promoter reserves the right to retain such content online and put it offline on request of the Participant via email to email@example.com (Europe); VideoProductionSolutions@us.panasonic.com (USA).
…The judging panel will consist of three (3) external Directors of Photography. No claim can be made regarding the decisions of the judging panel which will decide in a sovereign manner, without recourse.
The judging panel agrees to put online at the Website, the eligible Works not later than 24 August 2018. This is not for judging purposes, just for posting for consumers to view.
…Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Promoter to use winner’s name, likeness, address and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
Through participation in the Contest, the Participant agrees to publication of their account name, surname Work as well as its description on the related page of the Contest.
* The exception will be made for Participants from Greece and Finland: personal data will be exclusively shared with Panasonic distributors (representatives) in these countries for informative purpose. Responsible distributor in Finland is Kaukomarkkinat Oy, Koskelontie 20 FI-02920 Espoo, Finland. Responsible distributor in Greece is Intertech S.A. Afroditis 24, Elliniko 167 77, Greece.5. GeneralThe Promoter reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest or amend these Rules or any part of it at any time, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Promoter’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Any amendments to these Rules will be made visible on the Contest Website.
…The Rules are exclusively governed by the laws of each European country and the U.S. participating in the Contest.
No claim relating to the Contest can be received after three (3) months after the end of the Contest.The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or YouTube.
Any questions of application or interpretation of these Rules or any unforeseen question that comes to arise must be sent to the Promoter via email: Europe: to firstname.lastname@example.org; USA: VideoProductionSolutions@us.panasonic.com.
For other important info and to read the complete EVA1 Video Contest Official Rules (Terms & Conditions), please visit https://eva1contest.hscampaigns.com/.
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
Panasonic announces EVA1 ‘share your vision’ video contest
Panasonic has launched a competition for video professionals in Europe and the US to showcase their best work, shot on the AU-EVA1 compact cinema camera.
’Share Your Vision’ is open from June 1st to August 24th, with the winners being announced at IBC in Amsterdam on 14 September 2018.
A distinguished panel of judges, including cinematographers William Wages ASC, Elle Schneider, Johnny Derango and Matthias Bolliger will select two winners, one in a fiction genre and one in the non-fiction genre. The winning entrants will receieve $6,000 (US) or €5,000 (EU).
Contestants will be asked to submit proof that their project was shot with the EVA1 camera (e.g., a behind-the-scenes video or photos showing the camera in action on the submitted piece). Video must be uploaded in one of the following file formats: mp4, mov, avi (H264. The submission may have previously been publicly posted on YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion and participants can enter multiple videos, but each entry must be submitted separately.
Participants must be at least 18 years old, be a professional end-user and reside in the United States or one of these EU countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Greece, Malta, Finland, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra and Bulgaria.
Approved videos will be uploaded to the Panasonic EVA1 YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/VariCamEVA1
About the AU-EVA1
The AU-EVA1 5.7K handheld cinema camera is distinguished by a pixel count of 5720 H x 3016 V (17.25 million), Dual Native ISO ratings of 800 and 2,500, and 14-stops of dynamic range. The newly-designed EVA1 sensor is Super-35 sized (24.60mm x 12.97mm) with 5.7K resolution. With an active resolution of 5720 x 3016, the EVA1 delivers more than 17.25 million photosites, nearly double the 8.8 million for 4K DCI (4096 x 2160). Weighing only 1.2Kg (body-only) with a compact form factor and a removable handgrip, the EVA1 can be used for efficient handheld shooting applications. Because of its compact form factor, it can also be mounted on a drone, gimbal rig or jib arm for complex yet smooth camera moves.
For more information about the AU-EVA1, visit https://business.panasonic.co.uk/professional-camera/camcorders/AU-EVA1-cinema-compact-camera
The following video presents EVA1 Hands On Series: Focus Aides | Panasonic:
“Panasonic introduces the EVA1. The digital cinema camera has six different focus assist tools – ideal for razor-sharp images. Peaking, Focus Squares, B&W and Expand mode are only a few of the features. For more insights into the camera, subscribe to our channel.“
The following video presents EVA1 Hands On Series: Modularity | Panasonic:
“EVA1 is designed to be used in a variety of shooting situations. It is modular and has a great flexibility. The digital cinema camera can even shed all accessories for remote operations. For more EVA1 tutorials by Panasonic, check out the playlist.“
Please support this site. Buy the Panasonic AU-EVA1 Camera and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):