PANASONIC INTRODUCES LUMIX FH-SERIES DIGITAL CAMERAS, PACKED WITH WIDE-ANGLE LENSES AND POWERFUL ZOOMS
Panasonic LUMIX FH20 Ideal for Sophisticated Users Looking for Compact Digital Camera Capable of HD-Quality Photos and Video & Powerful 8x Optical Zoom
MISSISSAUGA, ON (January 7, 2010) – Panasonic Canada Inc. announced today the addition of the new FH-Series to its 2010 line of LUMIX digital cameras, which includes the LUMIX DMCFH20 (14.1-megapixels) and LUMIX FH1 (12.1-megapixels). The slim, pocket-sized LUMIX FH-series cameras pack a 28mm wide-angle lens with 8x optical zoom for the FH20 and a 5x optical zoom for the FH1. Both models can record High Definition video and thanks to Intelligent Auto mode (iA) are extremely easy to use.
“With the new Panasonic LUMIX FH-Series, consumers will be thrilled to see small, affordable digital cameras that do not compromise quality or advanced features. Though there are similarities within the series, each model will attract a slightly different user,” said Doug Borbath, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Canada Inc. “The FH20 will suit more sophisticated digital camera users who want a longer zoom, perhaps to take photos of their kids playing sports In contrast, the LUMIX FH1 is well-suited for first-time buyers who may not be as concerned with a long zoom, but who still demand high performance and ease-of-use.”
The LUMIX FH-Series features High Definition (HD) 720p motion jpeg video recording capabilities. By recording 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480), the LUMIX FH-Series makes it easy to view videos on a PC or upload footage seamlessly to YouTube1 using the built-in YouTube updater (even in High Definition). All models are compatible with Windows® 72 and can take HD-quality still photos that fill a 16:9 HDTV. Users with a Panasonic VIERA® HDTV can enjoy a slideshow of photos simply by inserting an SD Memory Card into the HDTV’s SD Memory Card Image Viewer slot.
Both the LUMIX FH20 and FH1 have a 2.7-inch 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD, meaning the LCD detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 steps, to display with the most appropriate setting.
Panasonic’s popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically – with no setting changes needed by the user – makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. Panasonic iA includes the following: MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) to help reduce blurry photos due to hand-shake; Intelligent ISO Control to help reduce blur when the subject is moving; Face Detection to ensure faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected; and Intelligent Scene Selector which selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and newly-added Sunset. There is even a dedicated iA button, letting users engage easily with one click.
The Panasonic LUMIX FH-Series includes the Venus Engine IV image processor, which features advanced signal processing technology to produce a fast response time. The shutter release time lag on the FH20 is approximately 0.006 seconds, and approximately 0.007 for the FH1. The Auto Focus on both models can lock on the subject in 0.35 seconds.
Other features of the Panasonic LUMIX FH-Series Digital Cameras include:
- Quick Setting: Allows the users’ most frequently-used settings, such as O.I.S., consecutive shooting, Auto Focus Point, and White Balance to be easily accessed through the “Quick Menu” button. There’s no need to open several menu screens to adjust them – the user simply selects convenient icons displayed on the menu.
- Scene Modes: Baby, Pet and Sports modes let the user choose the setting and the camera does the rest. Users can also record the name/birthday of a child or pet and embed the information in the photo and have it printed if desired.
- Photo Frame: Puts attractive borders around the photo and when printed, the photos look like postcards in picture frames.
- My Scene: Lets the user customize specific Scene modes that they like best so they can quickly and conveniently switch instantly to the mode.
- Macro Zoom: Pulls subjects even closer by using 3x digital zoom and captures even more dramatic close-ups.
- SDXC Computability: Compatible with (SD eXtended Capacity) Memory Cards. This includes Panasonic’s newly announced 48 GB3 and 64 GB SDXC Memory Cards to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds.
- Battery Life: The FH20 can take up to 300 images and the FH1 can take up to 310 images on a single battery charge.4
The Panasonic LUMIX FH20 and LUMIX DMC-FH1 will be available in first quarter 2010. Encased in a brushed metal-finished panel, the DMC-FH20 will be available in silver, black and red models, while the FH1 will be available in black and blue. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
2 Windows and the Windows logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
3 GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes. Usable capacity will be less.
4 Based on the CIPA standard.
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Panasonic, LUMIX and VIERA are registered trademarks of Panasonic Corporation. All other trademarks are property of the respective owners.
Panasonic products are marketed in Canada by Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI). PCI is an affiliate of Panasonic Corporation (PC) of Japan, one of the world’s largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can call Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-5505 or access Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.ca.