This video presents Stylus 1 In-depth Overview.
- “The Stylus 1 is a true game changer that provides premium image quality for any shooting style.”
Today, Olympus released a FREE firmware upgrade that further enhances the specifications of the STYLUS 1 compact, a 2014 red dot design award winner.
The Firmware Upgrade v2.0’s enhancements include:
- Making the camera compatible with Olympus’ super-slim WCON-08X Wide Angle Converter Lens (and CLA-14 adapter) that together extend its focal length to 22.4mm* without affecting the 1:2.8 aperture.
- Giving you the creative potential of the Interval Shooting and Time Lapse Movie modes.
- With the New Interval Shooting feature, you can take up to 999 shots at intervals of 1 second to 24 hours.
- Small Target AF enables pinpoint focusing, while Focus Peaking makes it easier to use the manual focus by highlighting edges in white or black near the area in focus.
- Step zoom was newly added.
- You can jump to the selected 9 grades of magnification (28 / 35 / 50 / 70 / 85 / 100 / 135 / 200 / 300 mm, equivalent to 35 mm photography).
New firmware for STYLUS 1 compact
01/15/2015 • Hamburg, 15 January 2015 – Olympus has released a comprehensive firmware upgrade that further enhances the specifications of its category-straddling STYLUS 1 compact. The Firmware Upgrade v2.0 endows the 2014 red dot design award winner with a greater focal range, and boosts its wide-angle potential to 22.4mm*. The new firmware also gives STYLUS 1 owners the creative potential of the Interval Shooting and Time Lapse Movie modes that have proved so popular with users of Olympus’ flagship OM-D cameras. A host of other enhancements include compatibility with OI.Share v2.5, which adds remote wireless shutter release from a smartphone. The new firmware is available free of charge for download via the Olympus Digital Camera Updater.
D-SLR features without the weight
The STYLUS 1 Firmware Upgrade v2.0 gives owners of this high-performance compact the ability to shoot impressive landscapes and indoor scenes without the need for weighty accessories. It makes the camera compatible with Olympus’ super-slim WCON-08X Wide Angle Converter Lens (and CLA-14 adapter) that together extend its focal length to 22.4mm* without affecting the 1:2.8 aperture. Photography lovers who like to travel light will also appreciate the new Step Zoom feature, that lets them easily set the zoom lever to common 35mm-equivalent focal lengths without the hassle of switching single-focal-length lenses. The focal length display in the Electronic Viewfinder now shows the 35mm equivalent familiar to D-SLR users.
The upgrade adds other creative and user-friendly features to the flagship STYLUS’ array of talents. With the new Interval Shooting feature, owners can take up to 999 shots at intervals of 1 second to 24 hours – and capture spectacular phenomena like the movement of stars or passers-by. Small Target AF enables pinpoint focusing, while Focus Peaking makes it easier to use the manual focus by highlighting edges in white or black near the area in focus.
Owners of Olympus cameras now qualify for a free six-month warranty extension by registering their camera at MyOlympus. The extension is valid from the end of the statutory warranty period in the country of purchase.
For full details of STYLUS 1 features, go Olympus STYLUS 1 website.
Product specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check the Olympus website at http://www.olympus-europa.com/stylus for the latest specifications.
* 35mm equivalent.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Olympus Europa SE & Co. KG