The following video presents Olympus Firmware Update: OM-D E-M1 Version 4:
As the flagship model of the OM-D series, the E-M1 was a powerhouse from the get-go, and Feature Upgrade 4.0 ensures it stays best-in-class. Read more about Version 4.0’s new macro shooting modes, advanced video capabilities and enhanced features here: getolympus.com/upgrade
The Art Filter is perhaps a less used feature by advanced OM-D users, but we invite you to give the Dramatic Tone Art Filter a shot, especially on cloudy days or out in town in the evening. As you can see in this photo of Rouen in Normandy, France, Dramatic Tone gives strong presence to the details in the clouds and the darker areas of the buildings.
Although Art Filters are normally applied when you shoot the photo, you can actually also apply them afterward if you shoot in RAW. You can do this on your PC using Olympus Viewer 3, but you can also do it in-camera (for E-M1 and later models):
1. Put your camera in playback mode
2. Select a RAW image and press OK
4. Select RAW Data Edit and press OK
5. Select ART BKT and press the right arrow key to select Art Filters to apply
6. Return to the playback screen by pressing MENU
7. Press OK
8. Select No and the Art Filter(s) you selected will be applied
Dramatic Tone Art Filter
The following photo was taken in standard A mode, with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 camera and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO lens:
“Although the Dramatic Tone Art Filter is known for the strong character it gives to clouds or dark areas of buildings as we showed in last week’s post, it also works wonders when you’re out in the city at night.”
The first photo above was taken using Dramatic Tone.
As you can see, the city looks much more alive with Dramatic Tone.
Did you know you can use Art Filters in combination with the P/A/S/M modes? Here’s how to do it:
1. Use the mode dial to set your camera to your desired P/A/S/M mode
2. Press OK to activate the Super Control Panel
3. Use Picture Mode in the upper right to select your desired Art Filter
This way you have the freedom to adjust the background bokeh of your Pop Art photos or express motion in your Grainy Film photos, creating an image exactly as you envision.
The following video presents Olympus OM-D E-M1:
Move into a New World.
Move into a New World with the Flagship Olympus OM-D E-M1 Compact System Camera. Olympus’ new E-M1 compact system camera combines the highest in imaging performance, durability and powerful EVF for an immersive photographic experience.
Dual FAST AF Technology allows users of both the Four Thirds and micro Four Thirds systems to use their lenses at their maximum performance. Wi-Fi functionality allows users to share images, wirelessly control their camera and have Live View streamed to their smart phone or tablet.
You can buy the Olympus OM-D E-M1 and accessories at B&H (prices are in USD):
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Black, Body Only)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Silver, Body Only)
- Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens
- Olympus PPZR-EP04 Zoom Gear for M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens
- Sea & Sea Zoom Gear for Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro Lens
- Olympus PT-EP11 Underwater Housing for OM-D E-M1 Micro Four Thirds Camera
- Olympus EP-13 Eyecup for OM-D E-M1 Micro Four Thirds Camera (Black)
- Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip for OM-D E-M1 Micro Four Thirds Camera
- Kenko LCD Monitor Protection Film for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Camera
- Expert Shield Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Digital Camera
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Menu-By-Menu DVD
- Expert Shield Crystal Clear Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Digital Camera
- Olympus PFUD-EP11 LCD Hood for PT-EP11 Underwater Housing for OM-D E-M1 Camera
- Expert Shield Glass Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Digital Camera
- Olympus Weatherproof Accessory Port Cover (Black)
- Olympus GS-5 Grip Strap