Nikon has issued firmware updates for the following cameras:
In addition, there are also 2 software updates for Camera Control Pro 2 and ViewNX-i.
The changes are as follows:
Nikon D5: Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.10 to 1.20
- Added two new AF-area modes: group-area AF (HL) and group-area AF (VL). The user selects a row (HL) or column (VL) of focus points; when AF-C is selected for focus mode, the camera will give priority to the point in the selected row or column containing the subject closest to the camera.
- Updated the photo info display to show the color temperature for photos taken with Auto selected for white balance.
- Added an Exif tag listing the difference between the local time zone and UTC, part of the Exif 2.31 specification.
- Added the support for the following features of AF-P lenses:
– If the standby timer expires after the camera has focused, the focus position will not change when the timer is reactivated.
– In manual focus mode, the focus indicator in the viewfinder (or in live view, the focus point selected in the monitor) will flash to show that infinity or the minimum focus distance has been reached by rotating the focus ring.
- Changed the checks performed when Clean image sensor > Clean now is selected in the SETUP MENU. We recommend that you perform image sensor cleaning after updating the firmware.
- Fixed the following issues:
– The higher the amount of Active D Lighting selected when optional flash units were used with auto aperture (AA), non-TTL auto (A), or distance-priority manual (GN) flash mode, the more the resulting images would be underexposed.
– Changes to exposure (including exposure compensation) would not be reflected in the photo live view exposure preview while the display was zoomed in.
– Photo live view display WB could not be selected in the i-button menu while the exposure preview was displayed in photo live view.
– Taking long bursts of photos with On selected for Network > Options > Auto send would sometimes drastically slow the recording of data to the memory card.
- Reduced the amount of time needed to connect to hidden SSIDs when WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK is selected for Authentication.
- Updated some help text.
Users of the software listed below will need to update to the following versions to support the changes in this firmware update:
– Camera Control Pro 2 version 2.25.1 or later
– ViewNX-i version 1.2.8 or later
For other important info and to download the firmware, please visit D5 Firmware Version 1.20 .
D500: Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.12 to 1.13
Fixed an issue that interfered with pairing or resulted in unreliable connections when the camera was used with the Android edition of the SnapBridge app.
For other important info and to download the firmware, please visit D500 Firmware Version 1.13 .
Coolpix B700: Changes from Firmware Version 1.2 to 1.3
Fixed an issue that prevented the camera charging when connected to an AC charging adapter with Off selected for Charge by computer.
For other important info and to download the firmware, please visit COOLPIX B700 Firmware Version 1.3 .
Camera Control Pro 2: Changes from Firmware Version 2.25.0 to 2.25.1
– Added support for D5 “C” firmware version 1.20.
– Added Group-area AF (HL) and Group-area AF (VL) options to AF-area mode (D5 “C” firmware version 1.20).
For other important info and to download the firmware, please visit Camera Control Pro 2 Version 2.25.1 .
ViewNX-i: Changes from Firmware Version 1.27 to 1.28
Added support for D5 “C” firmware version 1.20. Users can now:
– View focus points for images taken using group-area AF (HL) and group-area AF (VL)
– Use File and Camera Information to view the color temperature for photos taken using auto white balance
For other important info and to download the firmware, please visit ViewNX-i Version 1.2.8 .
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the Nikon D5, D500 and COOLPIX B700 as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):