The following video presents Nikon D5: Product Tour:
Meet the new frontier of image capturing, the flagship Nikon D5.
Whether you are photographing stills or shooting videos in 4K UHD, keep up with your vision with the D5. Equipped with a 20.8-megapixel CMOS image sensor and an EXPEED 5 image-processing engine, capture your subjects in richer and more natural tonal gradation.
Beat the odds and shoot up to 12 frames per second with autofocus and auto exposure tracking between shots for up to 200 shots in RAW when using XQD memory cards. Redefine the boundaries of your shooting possibilities with the #Nikon #D5
The Nikon software update service supplies software that can be used to update the Nikon D5 camera “C” firmware to version 1.10.
- Before proceeding, select Firmware version in the camera SETUP MENU and check the camera firmware version.
- You will not need to download or install this update if the firmware listed above is already installed.
IMPORTANT: Firmware updates cannot be performed if ON is currently selected for Network > Network connection in the SETUP MENU. Select OFF for Network connection before proceeding.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.00 to 1.10
- The camera can now record movies up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds long. Movies are recorded across up to 8 files, each up to 4 GB size, which can be joined together using the ViewNX-Movie Editor option in ViewNX-i version 1.2.0 or later. *
- An Electronic VR option has been added to the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU. Note that electronic vibration reduction is not available at frame sizes of 3840×2160 or 1920×1080 crop, and that the angle of view is slightly reduced when electronic vibration reduction is in effect. *
- A Flicker reduction option has been added to the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU. *
- Dynamic-area AF (9 points) has been added to the AF-area mode options available during viewfinder photography. *
- The chief changes to viewfinder photography autofocus are:
– Improved camera response when the button assigned Auto-area AF using Custom Setting f1 (Custom control assignment) > AF-area mode or AF-area mode + AF-ON is pressed to temporarily select auto-area AF.
– Improved tracking when Wide is selected for Custom Setting a5 (3D-tracking watch area) and 3D-tracking is selected for AF-area mode.
- The following changes have been made to the shooting display in the web browser when Silent photography is selected in HTTP server mode:
– An “SL” (“silent”) icon has been added to the release mode button.
– The “number of shots remaining” display for continuous release modes now shows the time remaining.
– Exposure compensation can now be adjusted by up to ±3.
- The file name (extension “.NDF”) is now displayed in HTTP server mode when Image Dust Off data are displayed in a web browser either full frame or in the image viewer.
- The web browser displays for computers, iPads, and Android OS now identify white balance presets 1 through 6 by number when preset manual white balance is selected in HTTP server mode.
- If movie recording is started while the camera is focusing in movie live view, the camera will now stop focusing before beginning recording.
- Fixed the following issues:
– The camera would sometimes record the date of recording incorrectly during leap years and the like.
– The Save/load settings option in the SETUP MENU would only load up to 10 of the up to 20 items that could be stored in “My Menu”.
– The camera would display the encryption key for Direct (access point) connections when searching for wireless networks using Search for wireless network with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
– The device would sometimes be unable to connect to the D5 when Connect and exit wizard was chosen with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
– The OS X edition of the Wireless Transmitter Utility would not function as expected when used to edit or add profiles for a camera connected via USB if Password protection was enabled for wireless or Ethernet LANs in the Network > Network settings menu.
– The camera would sometimes not correctly display pictures created using the Trim option in the RETOUCH MENU.
– If playback zoom was activated while the memory card access lamp was lit, the picture would sometimes not display correctly or the camera would zoom in on a point other than the active focus point if:
• RAW Slot 1 – JPEG Slot 2 was selected for Role played by card in Slot 2 in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU,
• On was selected for Image review in the PLAYBACK MENU,
• Memory cards were inserted in Slots both 1 and 2, and
• The NEF (RAW) and JPEG images were different sizes
* Details can be found in an updated edition of the camera manual.
For other important info as well as to download the new firmware, please visit http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/188.html .
The following video presents Nikon D5 – Five inspired professional photographers with the D5:
INSPIRED, a film by Nikon Ambassador Corey Rich, explores what drives today’s most diverse and interesting professional photographers and filmmakers in their relentless pursuit to capture perfect images and truly meaningful stories.
Designed to transcend boundaries, the Nikon D5 is a powerhouse that lets you capture images no other camera can and express your creativity in exactly the way you imagined. Designed with a new generation autofocus (AF) system with 153 focus points and 99 cross-type sensors, shoot in any situation with a new level of precision. No matter how fast the action, capture it all with the D5 that shoots up to 12 frames per second (fps) with AE/ AF tracking or at up to 14 fps with mirror up.
You can buy the Nikon D5 and accessories at B&H (prices are in USD):