Nikon Canada and Adventure Canada, have forged a partnership to provide travellers with life-changing expedition travel programs, complimentary Nikon equipment for field-testing – including the new DX-Format Flagship Nikon D500 – onboard instruction, and a chance to win a trip to the heart of Canada’s Arctic.
The following video presents Introducing the new Nikon D500 DX-format HD-SLR camera:
In this video, Nikon Canada’s Mark Cruz provides an overview of the new D500 DX-format HD-SLR camera that’s packed with pro-level features and extreme processing power in a body that’s compact, durable and lightweight.
Like its sibling the D5, the D500 benefits from Nikon’s latest technological innovations. With a blazing fast Multi-CAM 20K 153-point AF system, 3.2-inch high resolution touchscreen LCD, the ability to record UHD 4K video files, an ISO range of 100-51,200 (expandable to 50-1,640,000 equivalent) and new Nikon SnapBridge, the D500 is suitable for photographers of all kinds.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ANYONE WORLDWIDE AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
Adventure Canada is also launching #MyAdventureCanada, an online photo contest designed to encourage photographers to tell their own stories through images. Launching on March 21, 2016, #MyAdventureCanada asks participants to illustrate what Canadian adventure means to them by submitting photos of their own adventures Canada-wide. The photo entry that receives the most online votes will win passage for two aboard Heart of the Arctic 2016, a value of over U.S.$25,000. The runner-up will win a Nikon D3300 HD-SLR and 18-55mm VR Lens Kit, valued at CAD$569.95.
The #MyAdventureCanada contest (the “Contest”) begins on March 21, 2016 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 21, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
- Contest is open to “residents of the planet earth” who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry.
- There will be two prizes available to be won.
- The Grand prize: Adventure Canada’s Heart of the Arctic voyage for two aboard the Ocean Endeavour, July 11-23, 2016 and charter flights for two from Toronto to Greenland and Kuujjuaq to Ottawa. Please see http://www.adventurecanada.com/media/pdfs/myadventurecanada.pdf (pdf) for inclusions and exclusions (ARV: $24,850USD).
- The second prize will be one Nikon D3300 HD SLR with 18- 55 VR Lens (ARV: $569.95).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: An element of the Prize (defined at http://www.adventurecanada.com/media/pdfs/myadventurecanada.pdf) (pdf) involves the opportunity to join Adventure Canada’s Heart of the Arctic voyage aboard the Ocean Endeavour vessel. In order to be eligible to utilize this component of the Prize, a confirmed winner must: (i) be 18 years of age or older (ii) be deemed by their doctor to able to participate in the voyage as wheelchairs or persons of very limited mobility will not be able to negotiate the ship; (iii) provide proof of emergency medical evacuation insurance. For the avoidance of any doubt, if a confirmed winner does not meet these specific requirements, then the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may permit the confirmed to assign this component of the Prize to a friend or relative who meets the requirements noted above.
- If this component of the Prize cannot be assigned to another eligible individual in a manner that is completely satisfactory to the Sponsor, then the confirmed winner will forfeit this aspect of the Prize in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place. In any such case, however, the remainder of the Prize will still be awarded to the applicable confirmed winner in accordance with these Rules….
- NOTE: It is the intention of the Sponsor that the confirmed winner will make use of Nikon loaner equipment to be supplied by the Prize Provider to take interesting photos aboard the Heart of the Arctic voyage that will be used in the same manner as section 7 (License) at http://www.adventurecanada.com/media/pdfs/myadventurecanada.pdf (pdf). Each winner will be required to commit to the Sponsor, in writing, to undertake this responsibility.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Beginning on March 21, to enter, go to www.adventurecanada.com/myAdventureCanada (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to obtain the Official Contest Entry Form (the “Entry Form”).
- Once you have fully completed the Entry Form with all required information, follow the on-screen instructions to upload one (1) photograph (the “Photo”) depicting an adventure in Canada or answering the question “what does Canadian adventure mean to you?” (the “Theme”).
- To be eligible, your Photo must: (i) reflect the Theme; and (ii) be in accordance with these Rules, including, but not limited to, the specific Submission Requirements listed at http://www.adventurecanada.com/media/pdfs/myadventurecanada.pdf (pdf) in Rule 6 (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
- When all required steps of the entry process are complete (including fully completing the Entry Form and uploading your Photo), follow the on-screen instructions to submit your Entry (Entry Form and Photo hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Entry”). To be an eligible entry, your Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules within the Contest Period.
- There is a limit of three entries per person – but, each Entry you submit must contain a unique and original Photo (i.e. you cannot submit the same Photo, or substantially the same Photo, more than one (1) time in this Contest). To be eligible, each Entry you submit must use the same name and contact details. For the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) email address to enter the Contest.
- Between March 21, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and May 21, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Voting Period”), each Entry will be posted on the Website.
- During the Voting Period, members of the public will be able to visit the Website and vote for their favourite Entry. LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Vote per person per day.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Individuals may encourage others to vote for an Entry (e.g. via various social media sites and platforms); however, no form of incentive, inducement (including, without limitation, reciprocal voting sites and/or services), prize or chance of receiving any incentive, inducement, or prize may be offered as part of such encouragement in furtherance of receiving such individual’s Vote for any Entry. In addition, proxy voting schemes (or anything reasonably resembling a proxy voting scheme, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) are hereby expressly prohibited.
- A panel of judges (the “Contest Judges”) appointed by the Sponsor will judge each eligible Entry on the basis of the following weighted criteria….:
Does the Photo demonstrate originality from the photographer?
Is the subject matter interesting to the viewer?
|2. Technical Quality
Is the Photo in focus?
Are items placed well within the frame?
|4. The number of eligible* Votes received during the Voting Period||50%|
|Total Score||Maximum 100%|
* As determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Each Entry will be given a score (the “Score”) by the Contest Judges. Odds of being selected as the eligible winner of a Prize depend on: (i) the number and calibre of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules; and (ii) the number of eligible Votes received during the Voting Period.
…..Ownership of photos submitted as entries to this contest remain with the photographer, and the photograph will not be used for purposes outside of the contest without written consent.
…..By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Photo associated with the Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Photo in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the Photo); and (iii) agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims related, directly or indirectly, to his/her Photo – including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action. For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Entry (or a component thereof), or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Entry (or a component thereof), if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry (or a component thereof), or for any other reason at any time. If such an action is necessary at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to: (i) disqualify the Entry; (ii) disqualify the entrant and all of his/her Entries; and/or (iii) reset the vote count associated with the Entry to zero (or, to whatever number the Sponsor deems appropriate in circumstances as determined by the Sponsor its sole and absolute discretion)….
All Entry materials become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws….
Please read the complete rules and regulations for this contest at http://www.adventurecanada.com/media/pdfs/myadventurecanada.pdf (pdf).
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
The following video presents Introducing the Nikon D3300 HD-SLR Camera:
- In this video, Nikon Canada’s Mark Cruz provides an overview of some of the features in the Nikon D3300 HD-SLR including the following:
– 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
– Full HD (1080p) video recording
– Enhanced Guide Mode to provide step-by-step photo instructions for capturing the best possible images
– Nikon’s EXPEED 4 image processor
– Optional Wi-Fi connectivity
NIKON CANADA AND ADVENTURE CANADA ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP
The expedition cruise experts team up with world leader in photographic excellence to deliver exciting new programs, equipment field-testing, expert instruction and epic photo contest
Port Credit, ON. March 10, 2016:
Today, Nikon Canada and Canada’s leading expedition travel company, Adventure Canada, have forged a partnership to provide travellers with life-changing expedition travel programs, complimentary Nikon equipment for field-testing, onboard instruction, and a chance to win a trip to the heart of Canada’s Arctic aboard the 198-passenger ship Ocean Endeavour.
With this partnership, Nikon Canada is outfitting all Adventure Canada expeditions in 2016 with a variety of Nikon cameras and lenses. Passengers aboard these expeditions will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience with select Nikon gear as they explore Canada and Greenland’s most remote wilderness destinations. Nikon gear available on the ships will include the highly anticipated D500, a robust and lightweight DX-format HD-SLR camera with 4K UHD video.
“Nikon Canada is thrilled to partner with Adventure Canada and be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime experience for travellers,” said Amanda Mohammed, Communications and Nikon Professional Services Manager at Nikon Canada. “Nikon cameras and NIKKOR lenses are known for their outstanding performance and ability to surpass even the highest photographic expectations. Together with Adventure Canada, we look forward to helping passengers create lasting memories with the latest in photographic equipment and expert on-site advice.”
Adventure Canada’s CEO Cedar Swan agrees. “Adventure Canada’s relationship with Nikon Canada represents the perfect partnership,” said Swan. “Our expeditions highlight some of the best photographic opportunities on the planet, and Nikon’s equipment is the ideal way to make the most of them.”
Adventure Canada’s Mighty Saint Lawrence and Heart of the Arctic 2016 expeditions have been hand-selected as Nikon Canada Expeditions. Award-winning Canadian photographer and Nikon Canada Ambassador Michelle Valberg, who has a long-standing history with both companies, will be present on the Heart of the Arctic expedition to share her field experience and expertise with passengers, encouraging them to learn and explore photographic techniques. Additionally, a Nikon Canada technical representative will be aboard the ship to help passengers get the most out of the Nikon photography equipment.
Adventure Canada is also launching #MyAdventureCanada, an online photo contest designed to encourage photographers to tell their own stories through images. Launching on March 21, 2016, #MyAdventureCanada asks participants to illustrate what Canadian adventure means to them by submitting photos of their own adventures Canada-wide. The photo entry that receives the most online votes will win passage for two aboard Heart of the Arctic 2016, a value of over U.S.$25,000. The runner-up will win a Nikon D3300 HD-SLR and 18-55mm VR Lens Kit, valued at CAD$569.95. For more information on the contest, visit adventurecanada.com/myadventurecanada
For more information about this new partnership, please contact Jillian Dickens at 416-660-7660 and firstname.lastname@example.org
About Adventure Canada
Founded in 1987, Adventure Canada is a family-owned and operated adventure travel company specializing in land-based and small ship cruise adventures in Canada’s Arctic and east coast regions, Greenland, and select wilderness destinations. Adventure Canada’s trips feature a wide array of special guests including musicians, authors, biologists, and historians.
About Nikon Canada
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™, is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Canada distributes consumer and professional digital SLR and HD-SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; the Nikon DL series of premium compacts and COOLPIX® compact digital cameras; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system. In 2013, Nikon Corporation celebrated the 80th anniversary of the launch of its NIKKOR brand of photographic lenses, and announced the production of more than 95 million NIKKOR lenses in 2015, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. All Nikon Canada products are sold through a network of Authorized Nikon Canada Dealers. For more information on Nikon Canada and its products and services or to find an Authorized Nikon Canada Dealer, visit www.nikon.ca.
You can pre-order / buy the Nikon D3300 HD SLR with 18- 55 VR Lens, Nikon D500 or accessories at B&H:
- Nikon D500 DSLR Camera (Body Only) – USD $1,996.95
- NIKON D500 16-80MM VR LENS KIT – USD $3,066.95
- Nikon MB-D17 Multi Power Battery Pack for D500 – USD $399.95
- Nikon WT-7A Wireless Transmitter for D500 -USD $749.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black) – USD $446.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 55-200mm Lenses Kit – USD $596.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR II and 55-200mm VR II Lenses Kit – USD $596.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Grey) – USD $446.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Red) – USD $446.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm Lens (Black) – USD $599.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm Lens (Grey) – USD $599.95
- Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm Lens (Red) – USD $599.95