The following video presents Introducing the Nikon D5500 HD-SLR:
In this video, Nikon Canada’s Paul Reid provides a feature set overview of the new Nikon D5500 – Nikon’s first ever HD-SLR with touch operation!
The DX-format camera is an ideal entry-level HD-SLR for creative photographers ready to take their storytelling to a new level. One of Nikon’s smallest-ever HD-SLRs, the Nikon D5500 is compact and surprisingly lightweight at 14.8 ounces, making it the ideal HD-SLR for users constantly on the go.
The new D5500 sports an impressive arsenal of imaging technology, which includes:
•3.2-inch Vari-angle touch operation LCD display
•24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter (OLPF)
•Full HD 1080/60p video with Full-Time AF and stereo sound for a cinema-like experience
This is an update to the previous blog, You’re Invited: Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of 2016 CONTACT Photography Festival May 1-31 + Nikon Lecture Series at No Cost in Toronto, Canada, May 3 (Complimentary Sensor Cleaning of Your Nikon D-SLR Cameras), May 10 & 17.
Nikon and Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival invite legal residents of Canada – who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence – to participate in the “Reflections” Photo Contest during the following weekly Contest Periods:
- Week 1 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Friday, April 29, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 8, 2016
- Week 2 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 9, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 15, 2016
- Week 3 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 16, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 22, 2016
- Week 4 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 23, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 31, 2016
The entry deadline for each Contest Period is 11:59 ET on the Sunday of each Contest Period (“Contest Closing Date(s)”), with the exception of Week 4, where the Contest Period ends on 11:59 ET on Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
Here are the weekly assignments:
- Week 1: Reflections in Time: Special moments that take your breath away (Friday, April 29, 12:00 a.m. ET to Sunday, May 8, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Week 2: Reflections on Places: Be it at home or afar, places that warm your heart (Monday, May 9, 12:00 a.m. ET to Sunday, May 15, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Week 3: Reflections on People: Creatures (people or animals) who fill your life with joy (Monday, May 16, 12:00 a.m. ET to Sunday, May 22, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Week 4: Reflections – An Open Assignment: Any thought, moment or memory that is meaningful to you (Monday, May 23, 12:00 a.m. ET to Tuesday, May 31, 11:59 p.m. ET)
Reflections! Beautiful moments, special places, distinctive people – anything that fills your life with joy and causes you to reflect positively on another time, place or occasion. We want to see your photos that illustrate reflections on the people, places and things that mean the most to you.
Each week of the 2016 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, we’ll focus on a different Reflection and eagerly await your submissions. Judges will be looking at how your photo best illustrates our theme of Reflections.
“What does reflection mean to you? Every photograph captures a memory or a moment in time. These moments might take your breath away, or hold a special place in your heart, or evoke a special memory.”
- Each weekly Reflections Photo Contest winner (in each of the four weekly Contest Periods) – selected by a panel of judges – will receive a Nikon D5500 D-SLR with 18-55mm VR II Lens (approximate retail value $999.95) (a “Prize”).
- One grand prize winner will be selected by public voting on this website (from June 6 to June 13, 2016). The Selected Grand Prize Entrant will be eligible to receive one (1) CONTACT Limited Edition Print (BAU grid by Takashi Suzuki) – approximate retail value $1,500.00 (the “Grand Prize”).
- The winning photo of the Selected Grand Prize Entrant will also be featured at http://contactfestivalnikon.ca/#/contest, on the Nikon Canada Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages, and on the CONTACT website.
“NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.”
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Visit www.contactfestivalnikon.ca or the Nikon Canada Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NikonCanada) (collectively, the “Contest Websites”) and select the CONTACT Festival tab.
- Select the “Reflections” contest link in the bottom navigation bar.
- Complete all fields of the Entry Form and follow the instructions to upload a photo that reflects the theme for the weekly Contest Period (described on the Contest Website). The Entry Form must be accompanied by an original photo taken by the Eligible Entrant. Photographs submitted cannot have previously been the winner of any photo contest, whether or not prizing was involved.
- After completing the Contest Entry Form (“Contest Entry”), you may follow the instructions to share the Contest with friends and family.
- Eligible Entries must be received during one or more of the weekly Contest Periods, comply with the Official Contest Rules & Regulations, and consist of a completed Contest Entry along with one (1) photo and one (1) description.
- There is no limit to the number of Contest Entries per person, but each one must contain a unique and original Photo (i.e. the same photo, or substantially the same photo, may not be submitted more than one (1) time in this Contest). To be eligible, each Contest Entry submitted by an Eligible Entrant must use the same name and contact details.
- Eligible Entries will be posted on the Contest Websites and remain on display there at the discretion of CONTACT, the Contest Administrator and/or the Prize Provider.
- At the end of each weekly Contest Period, all Eligible Entries for the weekly Contest Period will be reviewed and judged by a panel appointed by CONTACT and the Contest Administrator (“Judging Panel”), in their sole discretion, on the basis of creativity, uniqueness, messaging and/or other criteria which the Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, may subjectively determine.
- The Judging Panel will select one (1) Eligible Entry for each weekly Contest Period (“Selected Entrant”). Odds of becoming a Selected Entrant will depend on the number of Eligible Entries received by each weekly Contest Closing Date, the appropriateness of the submission based on these rules and regulations, and the decisions of the Judging Panel.
- The Judging Panel will complete judging of Selected Entrants within 72 hours of each weekly Contest Closing Date.
- Within five days after the Contest Closing Date of the final Contest Period, the Eligible Entries from each of the weekly Contest Periods – four (4) in total – will be displayed on the Contest Website for the purpose of public voting from Monday, June 6, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. ET to Monday, June 13, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. ET (the “Voting Period”).
- Any visitor to the Contest Website during the Voting Period (a “Voter”) may vote for one (1) of the four (4) Selected Entrants to become the Grand Prize Winner (a “Vote”).
- To enter a vote, follow the instructions on the Contest Website during the Voting Period.
- Maximum one (1) vote per Voter per 24-hour period.
- At the end of the Voting Period, the Selected Entrant receiving the most votes will become the “Selected Grand Prize Entrant”.
….Ownership of photos submitted as entries to this contest remain with the photographer, and the photographs will not be used for purposes outside of the contest without prior written consent….
…..To be eligible to win a Prize or the Grand Prize (become a “Prize Winner”), Selected Entrants and the Selected Grand Prize Entrant must have complied with these Official Contest Rules & Regulations, and must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which will confirm:
(1) The Eligible Entrant’s compliance with all Official Contest Rules & Regulations.
(2) Acceptance of the Prize or Grand Prize as awarded.
(3) Consent to the use of his/her Contest Entry, name and photograph for any future advertising or promotional purposes, without limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
(4) Consent for CONTACT, the Prize Providers and/or their affiliates to use, publicize or broadcast the Selected Entrant’s photo submitted as a Contest Entry, name, city of residence and any photo taken of the Selected Entrant by the Contest Administrator, CONTACT or the Prize Providers in any form, for any advertising or promotional purposes including, but not limited to publication on the websites, and in online and print materials of CONTACT or the Prize Providers in connection with the Contest, and to advertise and promote the Contest held in the year 2016 without limitation and without further consideration, except where prohibited by law. The Selected Entrant thereby releases CONTACT, the Prize Providers and their respective affiliates from all liability arising out of such use, publication or broadcast. The Selected Entrant acknowledges that he/she has no right to approve the advertising or promotional materials which include references to the Selected Entrant or his/her Contest Entry….
For more important info and to read the complete Reflections Photo Contest Official Contest Rules & Regulations, please visit:
For other info about the contest, please visit http://contactfestivalnikon.ca/#/ .
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
The following video presents Nikon D5500: Product Tour:
Get in touch with your creativity with the all-new D5500. Packed with innovative features including a touch screen vari-angle LCD monitor, the compact DX-format camera empowers you to follow your instincts without limits.
You can buy these Nikon D5500 cameras at B&H (prices are in USD):