The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is a private, non-profit organization, and Canada’s leading national land conservation organization, partnering with individuals, corporations, other non-profit organizations and governments at all levels to protect the natural areas that sustain Canada’s plants and wildlife. Since 1962, NCC has helped to conserve more than 2.8 million acres (1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land from coast to coast.
It is running a photo contest until September 12, 2016. Send “a photo of a place in nature that holds a special place in your heart.” Share your #NaturalHappyPlace photo on Twitter or Instagram for a chance to win a 4-night luxury getaway at your choice of the Fairmont Lake Louise or Montebello locations.
Photo contest: Win a 4-day Fairmont getaway
Canada is home to some of the world’s most incredible natural settings. This summer, join us in celebrating our magnificent outdoors by sharing your favourite escapes in nature. When you do, they’ll be added to our #NaturalHappyPlace map, so that Canadians everywhere can discover them!
Explore the map now and discover Canada’s incredible Natural Happy Places!
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
- The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry.
- Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate.
- There will be one (1) Prize (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of a four (4) night stay for the confirmed winner and one (1) guest.
- The confirmed winner will select either Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in Lake Louise, AB or Fairmont Le Château Montebello, in Montebello, QC for their four (4) night stay subject to availability at the time of reservations.
- The Prize includes: (i) four (4) nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy in a Fairmont Lakeview room (if selected the Chateau Lake Louise) or Fairmont Riverview room (if selected the Chateau Montebello) including continental breakfast; (ii) four (4) $100 CDN Fairmont Hotel & Resort food and beverage credits (one (1) credit available per night stay) excluding alcohol beverages; (iii) a $100.00 CDN adventure credit redeemable against any activity available within the selected Fairmont location ; and (iv) a $1,000 CDN pre-paid gift card.
- The approximate retail value of the Prize ranges from $3,100.00 CDN to $3,600.00 CDN subject to the selected destination. The winner and his/her guest will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the selected location and their residence.
- Accommodations will only be accepted between January 4, 2017 and April 30, 2017 and are subject to availability at the time of reservations. It is recommended that reservation be made at least 90 days in advance of the winner and travel guest preferred dates.
- For each food and beverage credit if the total amount per night stay is more than $100.00 CDN the winner and his/her guest will be responsible for any amount over $100.00 CDN or if the amount is less than $100.00 CDN no credit will be available or can be applied to the following day. For the $100.00 CDN adventure credit, the winner must have the cost of the adventure or activity charged to his/her room and if the cost is more than $100.00 CDN, the winner and his/her guest will be responsible for any amount over the $100.00 CDN or if the amount is less than $100.00 CDN no credit will be available or can be applied against any other charged to the room.
- Conditions for gift card: Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the issuer. The gift card cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. If a purchase exceeds the value of the gift card, the winner will be responsible for any amount due which is over the value of the gift card (or the available balance at the time of purchase) (including applicable taxes). If any purchase does not exceed the gift card value, the remaining available balance will not be paid in cash to the winner but will remain on the gift card.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- To enter, entrants will be required to upload a digital photograph of the entrant’s favourite Canadian place to connect with nature (for further details, please visit https://naturalhappyplace.azurewebsites.net/NaturalHappyPlace-Rules-and-Regulations.pdf ) (the “Photo”).
- The Photo must be taken by the entrant after July 24, 2016 and the Photo must depict a natural greenspace within Canada (the “Theme”). For example, the Photo could be of a nature trail within a wooden area (subject to compliance with the Official Rules).
- NOTE: If a Photo contains other individuals including minors, the entrant must have each individual’s consent or the consent of the parent or legal guardian of any minor who is appearing in the Photo prior to submitting the Photo into this Contest.
- Photos will not be made available for public viewing unless it was assigned a geographical location. Please refer to Rule 10 at https://naturalhappyplace.azurewebsites.net/NaturalHappyPlace-Rules-and-Regulations.pdf for entry limits.
- Further, your Photo must not: (i) contain any personal information about you or any other individual who may be appearing in your Photo and (ii) be a modification, enhancement or alteration of a third party’s pre-existing work.
- Your Photo must be your original creation. For the avoidance of any doubt, your Photo cannot be something that you have copied or downloaded (e.g. from the worldwide web, stock photography or otherwise).
- Tell us in English or French what your “Happy Place” means to you (maximum 250 characters).
- There is a limit of fifty (50) Entries per person during the Contest Period, regardless if a person owns a Facebook Account, a Twitter Account and an Instagram Account or more than one email account. A person may use each of their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram account or email account (the “Account”) to participate in this Contest, however it is the Entrants responsibility to ensure that they do not upload the same Photo from each Account during the Contest Period and that his/her Entries do not amount to more than fifty (50) Entries during the Contest Period.
- A person may not use more than one (1) Facebook Account, Twitter Account, Instagram Account, or e-mail address to enter the Contest.
- Each Entry must contain a unique and original Photo of the Theme in accordance with these Rules (do not submit the same Photo, or substantially the same Photo, more than one (1) time in this Contest and do not submit the same Photo as another entrant or using both Facebook and Twitter or Instagram during the Contest Period). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, an eligible entrant can only use one (1) of each Account listed to enter the Contest and an entrant may not submit an Entry on behalf of any other person, including without limitation but for greater certainty, another member of his/her household.
There are four ways to enter:
- Website: http://www.natureconservancy.ca/en/ (English); http://www.natureconservancy.ca/fr/ (French);
For more details about the various ways to enter the contest, please visit https://naturalhappyplace.azurewebsites.net/NaturalHappyPlace-Rules-and-Regulations.pdf (English pdf); https://naturalhappyplace.azurewebsites.net/NaturalHappyPlace-Rules-and-Regulations-fr.pdf (French pdf).
“All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason.”
Eligible Winner Selection
- A random draw will be held in Oakville, ON at approximately 3:00 p.m. EDT on September 23, 2016 (the “Draw Date”).
- One (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries that were submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
…..By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) and that you agree to do business with the Sponsor electronically and agree that the act of submitting the Entry is a binding form of your electronic signature….
By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Facebook Rules, Twitter Rules or Instagram Rules, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive world-wide license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry (and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use such Entry); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties, Facebook Inc., Twitter, Instagram and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by participating in this Contest you are hereby agreeing that Sponsor has permission to use and display your Entry – including, but not limited to, in conjunction with your participating in this Contest….
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws….
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
For the complete Official Rules and Regulations of the contest, please visit https://naturalhappyplace.azurewebsites.net/NaturalHappyPlace-Rules-and-Regulations.pdf (English pdf), or http://www.natureconservancy.ca/fr/aidez-nous/faites-un-don/havres-naturels.html (French pdf).
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org