The following video presents Leica M (Typ 240) à la Carte:
“Creativity without limits: Meet Leica à la Carte and design your new Leica M (Typ 240) à la Carte.“
Leica M à la carte makes it possible to redesign your Leica M camera.
- Whether it’s an analogue or digital Leica M camera, choose from a selection of leather finishes, engravings and various options to create your own, individual personal work of art.
- Also, Leica recently offered an entire range of personalisation options for the Leica M Monochrom digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor. The body of the Leica M Monochrom à la carte is available in various configurations in black chrome, black paint finish, and silver chrome.
- There is also a choice of a top deck with or without the Leica red dot logo on the front.
- In addition to standard, classic black leather, the programme also offers a wide range of trim options from subdued shades to rich and eye-catching colours like khaki, red or deep blue.
The following video presents Ragnar Axelsson – Around Iceland in 80 hours. Video footage from Leica Camera on Vimeo:
“This is a collection of video snippets taken by Ragnar Axelsson with a Leica Monochrom ( Typ 246 ) as part of the series “Around Iceland in 80 hours”.
Many thanks to Red Barnett (Red Barnett.bandcamp.com) for allowing us to use the song “home” from his album “Shine” as part of this piece.“
You Can Configure Your Own Unique Leica Camera
Choose the materials, design and customized options when you order your new Leica camera via the following “Leica à la carte” system – Leica M à la carte configurator:
- at http://www.leica-a-la-carte.com/alacarte/index/TOKEN/kA5IWm0pdDqfm-kjHSSGgSH-APk/M/EOiY6w or
- at https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-M/Leica-M-a-la-carte/Redesign-Options .
Leica M Monochrom expands the M à la carte programme and is now available for the first time in silver chrome finish
Leica Camera AG has expanded the successful Leica à la carte programme – an opportunity for personalising Leica cameras – and now offers an entire range of personalisation options for the Leica M Monochrom digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor. Interested owners can take advantage of the diverse combination options for the creation of the camera of their dreams.
For example, the body of the Leica M Monochrom à la carte is available in various configurations in either black chrome or black paint finish. The M Monochrom is now also available exclusively in the à la carte programme in a silver chrome version. There is also a choice of a top deck with or without the Leica red dot logo on the front. In addition to standard, classic black leather, the programme also offers a wide range of trim options from subdued shades to rich and eye-catching colours like khaki, red or deep blue. The Leica M Monochrom à la carte can be given the ultimate personal touch by fine engraving on the top and back of the top deck. Every camera can be transformed into a unique and unmistakeable example of precision and quality made in Germany by the application of its owner’s signature, personalised text or special markings. A choice of camera carrying straps completes the Leica M à la carte portfolio. They are available in colours and materials to match those employed for the camera’s leather trim.
An online configurator allowing the simulation of all possible variations and the selection of the ideal, final combination is available now on the Leica website at www.leica-camera.com. Orders for personalised Leica M Monochrom à la carte cameras are handled by Leica Stores and Boutiques, where the staff will be pleased to show customers samples illustrating all the options offered by the programme.
About Leica Camera
Leica Camera AG is an internationally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products. The legendary status of the Leica brand is founded on a long tradition of excellence in the construction of lenses. And today, in combination with innovative technologies, Leica products continue to guarantee better pictures in all situations in the worlds of visualisation and perception. Leica Camera AG has its headquarters in Wetzlar, in the state of Hesse in Germany, and a second production site in Vila Nova de Famalicão, Portugal. The company operates branch offices in England, France, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, South Korea, Italy, Australia and the USA. New and innovative products have been the driving force behind the company’s positive development in recent years.
The following video presents Craig Semetko: How to use a Leica M:
“What makes the Leica M different from SLRS? Follow along with photographer Craig Semetko as he answers this question and explains how to use the Leica M, including techniques on focusing. For Craig, the benefits of the Leica M include its small, discreet nature and big, bright viewfinder that allows you to see more. Because of this, the Leica M demands more from the photographer. Watch this video and discover the capabilities of the Leica M.“
You can buy these non-personalised Leica M cameras as well as accessories at B&H (prices are in USD):
- Leica M (Typ 240) Edition “Leica 60” Digital Rangefinder Camera
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black)
- Leica M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Body Only, Black)
- Leica M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Body Only, Silver)
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Digital Rangefinder Camera (Silver Chrome)
- Leica Hot Shoe Cover for Leica M Typ 240 Camera
- Phantom Glass LCD Screen Protector for Leica M (Typ 240)
Your browser does not support iFrame.