NEW: Leica Camera offers firmware update for the LEICA S2
Solms, Germany (April 23, 2010) – Leica Camera AG is pleased to announce the latest firmware update for the LEICA S2. Users wishing to bring their camera up-to-date can now download the firmware from the “Owners Area” on the Leica website and take advantage of new, improved features.
Features implemented by the latest firmware update include a new white balance setting for HMI light with its daylight-balanced, neutral colors. The functions offered by user-defined button programming have also been optimized: the stop-down button can now also be programmed after installation of the new update. Thanks to a new control element lock function, the shutter speed and aperture dials can now be locked to prevent inadvertent shifts. A more intuitive approach to image display now also contributes to functional optimization and improved handling. The revised image review functions of the camera monitor allow for enhanced image quality control. In addition, memory cards formatted outside the camera can now be used without problems in the S2. And last, but not least, the update supports the latest S-System LEICA SUMMARIT-S 35 mm f/2.5 ASPH. and the LEICA APO-MACRO-SUMMARIT-S 120 mm f/2.5 lenses, as well as ensuring better image quality in JPEG files.
Extended camera functionality:
- Additional HMI white balance preset added (Hydrargyrum Medium-arc Iodide lamps)
- Additional viewfinder information: exposure correction
- Custom setting for depth of field preview button
- Selectable top deck OLED standby time
- Control element lock
- Extended user-defined button programming
Improvement of existing functions
- Consistent, continuous image numbering
- Accelerated data transfer speed for computer-tethered shooting
- Increased compatibility with memory cards not formatted in the camera
- Improved handling for selection of exposure modes
- Compatibility with Summarit-S 35mm and 120mm lenses
- Improvement of JPEG image quality
- Automatic detection of interchangeable focusing screens
- Improved image viewing on the camera monitor
Optimization of handling
- Simplified image review selection
For more information, please visit: http://www.s.leica-camera.com/leica-s2-neue-firmware-version.