NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE LEICA D-LUX 5
Solms, Germany (December 16, 2011) – Leica Camera AG announces the release of a new firmware update for the Leica D-Lux 5. Users wishing to bring their camera up-to-date can now download the firmware update and an installation guide from the ‘UPDATES’ section of the D-Lux 5 page on the Leica Camera website.
This new firmware offers D-Lux 5 users the following updates:
- Improved autofocus speed in the wide-angle domain
- Enhanced functionality when using manual and automatic focusing
- Increased automatic white-balance precision in adverse lighting conditions
- High-ISO-noise reduction for ISO 1600 and ISO 3200
- Incorporation of an ‘Active mode’ for image stabilization and new ‘Miniature effect’ in the ‘My colors’ mode (available for photo and video modes)
- Continuous autofocus with the shutter button half depressed
- Increased longest shutter speed from 60 to 250 seconds
- Addition of manual adjustment of the LCD monitor and the external viewfinder to the camera settings menu
About the Leica D-Lux 5
The Leica D-Lux 5 is a true representation of the Leica design vocabulary and philosophy. Its flat, smooth and uncluttered design ensures its timelessly modern look. The Leica DC Vario-Summicron 5.1-19.2 mm f/2-3.3 ASPH offers a faster lens than previous models and a zoom with an extremely practical range of focal lengths. Furthermore, the 10.1 mega-pixel D-Lux 5 guarantees exceptional image quality and superb sharpness while its intuitive controls ensure ease of use. Its 720-pixel HD-video function in memory-saving AVCHD-Lite format and optional accessories make the D-Lux 5 the perfect camera for capturing truly distinctive images.