What do you get when you combine a medium-format body (with a design based upon the legendary one that made it to the moon) with a digital back? A one-of-a-kind medium-format mirrorless camera that may well make shooting medium-format fun again (for those who can afford the price tag).
Hasselblad pairs the 907X camera body (basically a lens mount on a support, because the whole compartment housing the mirror has gone Pooof!, demonstrating the mirrorless advantage) to its CFV II 50C digital back.
Features include 50MP CMOS image sensor, 3.2-inch 2.4M-dot Tilt Touch LCD, dual UHS-II SD card slots, audio in/out connectors, flash in/out connectors, and integrated Wi-Fi connectivity and USB-C connection, enabling tethered shooting.
The medium-format film body has traditionally been held at waist-level while peering down into a large square optical focusing screen. The 3.2-inch LCD on the CFV II 50C digital back can be tilted up 90° to recreate this mode of operation. Optionally, you can also add a grip and OVF for up-to-the-eye shooting.
Gothenburg, Sweden 12 August 2020
HASSELBLAD 907X 50C NOW AVAILABLE, COMBINING OUR LEGACY WITH YOUR FUTURE
A UNIQUE PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE WITH FULL SYSTEM MODULARITY
Introduced as a concept in June 2019 and now available to purchase, the 907X 50C mirrorless medium format digital camera is comprised of the modernised CFV II 50C digital back and the brand new 907X camera body, connecting Hasselblad’s photographic legacy and future into one system.
With an outstanding medium format 50-megapixel CMOS sensor (43.8 x 32.9 mm), the CFV II 50C digital back enables use with most V System cameras made from 1957 and onwards in addition to third party technical or view cameras. The CFV II 50C features a brilliant 3.2-inch 2.4M dot tilting rear display with full touch support and Hasselblad’s renowned user interface for settings, image review, and menu navigation. Users of previous CFV digital backs will appreciate the new fully integrated battery design, the same used on the X System, which reduces overall size and with the option to recharge in-camera via the USB-C port. Combining its iconic aesthetics with a chrome edge body finish in addition to modern technology, the CFV II 50C gives a nod to Hasselblad’s history combined with the brand’s world-renowned image quality.
Coupling the CFV II 50C with the 907X, Hasselblad’s smallest medium format camera body ever, creates a highly compact package. This combination offers a truly distinct photographic experience, including the classic waist-level shooting style of the V System enabled by the CFV II 50C’s tilt screen. With the 907X, the photographer gains access to all of the high-quality X System Lenses in addition to a vast range of Hasselblad optics via adapters, including the H System, V System, and XPan Lenses. In addition, the 907X enables compatibility with a wide range of third-party adapters and lenses. Accessories that beautifully complement the combination include the 907X Control Grip and 907X Optical Viewfinder.
Key features for the 907X 50C:
- Large medium format 50MP 43.8 x 32.9 mm CMOS sensor
- 14 stops of dynamic range
- Hasselblad HNCS
- Captures 16-bit RAW images and full resolution JPEGs
- High-resolution 3.2-inch 2.4M dot touch and tilt screen
- Smooth live view experience with a high frame rate of 60fps
- Video: 2.7k (2720 x 1530) and Full HD (1920 x 1080) / Video covers full sensor width in a 16:9 ratio
- Intuitive user interface with swipe and pinch touch controls
- Internal battery slot with the option to recharge in-camera via the USB-C port (same battery used on the X System)
- Compatibility with most V System cameras made from 1957 and onwards in addition to third party technical or view cameras
- Full compatibility with all XCD Lenses
- Full compatibility with HC/HCD Lenses including AF with optional XH Lens Adapter (manual focus only with HC 120 Macro and HC 120 Macro II)
- Compatibility with V System Lenses, XPan Lenses, and third-party lenses using XV, XPan and third-party lens adapters, respectively
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- Audio in/out connectors
- Flash in/out connectors
- Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity and USB-C connection, enabling tethered shooting
- Portable workflow with Phocus Mobile 2 support*
- Optional accessories, including chrome finished 907X Control Grip for quick access to main image functions and 907X Optical Viewfinder for convenient eye-level shooting
- 907X ultra-thin and light weight body converts CFV II 50C digital back into digital SWC
- 907X 50C weight: 740 g (CFV II 50C: 540 g / 907X Camera Body: 200 g)
The 907X 50C has an MSRP of €6590 / £5990 / CNY¥48000 including VAT and US $6399 excluding sales tax.
The 907X Control Grip has an MSRP of €749 / £679 / CNY¥5990 including VAT and US $729 excluding sales tax.
The 907X Optical Viewfinder has an MSRP of €499 / £459 / CNY¥3990 including VAT and US $499 excluding sales tax.
All products are available to order today, and shipping will begin from the end of August.
Visit www.hasselblad.com/cfv-ii-50c-907x/ to see more about the 907X 50C.
*Update for Phocus Mobile 2 for iPad and a brand new Phocus Mobile 2 for iPhone to be released soon. This update for Phocus Mobile 2 will enable Live View, allowing for Focus Peaking, control of Depth-of-Field, setting AF area positioning and the ability to simulate exposure, all from the Live View screen in Phocus Mobile 2.
Founded in 1941, Hasselblad is one of the leading manufacturers of digital medium format cameras and lenses. True to its Scandinavian heritage, Hasselblad cameras are renowned for their iconic ergo-nomic design, uncompromising image quality and extremely high performance. For over half a century, Hasselblad cameras have captured some of the world’s most iconic images – including the first landing on the Moon – and helped shape the way we look at the world through genuine photographic artistry. Trusted by NASA and used by some of the greatest photographers in the world, Hasselblad continues to develop products that enable all types of creatives to capture their artistic vision.
Hasselblad’s H and X Camera Systems and their superb range of medium format lenses fuse innovative technology with precision mechanics, delivering exceptional imaging experiences for every sort of photographer. The highly professional H System, with its latest line up of the H6D-50c, H6D-100c and H6D-400c Multi-Shot, offers the ultimate image quality and resolution with 50, 100 and 400-megapixel solutions. The more portable X System easily enables bringing medium format photography outside of the studio with options that include the world’s first compact mirrorless digital medium format camera – the X1D-50c – followed by the second generation X1D II 50C. Combining the CFV II 50C digital back and 907X camera body, Hasselblad’s photographic history is connected, bringing the X, H, and V Systems together in a portable, sleek package.
Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Hasselblad is a global brand with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Paris, Copenhagen, Hamburg and Shenzhen with distributors located throughout the world.
For more information, visit Hasselblad online: www.hasselblad.com
Please support this site. Pre-order/Buy the Hasselblad 907X 50C medium-format mirrorless camera from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Hasselblad 907X 50C Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Hasselblad 907X Optical Viewfinder
- Hasselblad 907X Control Grip