QUICKFACT SHEETFour years after the ground-breaking X-Pro1, the Fujifilm X-Pro2 takes everything that made the X-Pro1 an award-winning mirrorless camera and adds all its latest technology, a higher-resolution 24MP X-Trans sensor and a new faster hybrid AF system. It keeps the dedicated controls — shutter speed dial, aperture ring and manual focus ring on the premium XF lenses (except on the XF27mmF2.8 pancake lens) and (expanded) exposure compensation dial — that set this camera apart from all its competitors by giving photographers an intuitive way to directly control exposure settings.
- A new 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor.
- 7×7 Phase Detection AF Area: 273 AF points includes 77 selectable focusing points. A new Focus Lever (joystick) allows quick selection of AF points as well as of the enlarged display area when manual focusing. Boasts a 0.06 sec. AF speed.
- Electronic rangefinder feature simultaneously displays an enlarged EVF window in the optical viewfinder at 2.5x or 6x magnification. Eyeglass wearers will rejoice that a diopter correction dial is now included.
- New Front Command Dial.
- Exposure Compensation Dial now sports a C position for +/- 5 stops (using the Front Command Dial).
- Combined shutter speed and ISO dials: lift the outer portion of the shutter speed dial and turn to set the ISO in a small window beautifully reminiscent of that found on old film cameras.
- A redesigned Menu with a customizable MY MENU tab.
- Dual SD card slots. Slot 1 accepts UHS-II cards.
- Focal plane shutter with a maximum speed of 1/8000 sec and a flash sync speed of 1/250sec. Electronic shutter with completely silent operation and a maximum speed of 1/32,000 sec.
- New ACROS Film Simulation mode for smoother gradation, deep blacks and beautiful textures for ultra high-quality monochrome images, with optional grainy effects.
- Weather-sealed: Dust-proof, splash-proof and freezeproof (-10°C / 14°F) structure.
All in all, photographers who prefer using an optical viewfinder and dedicated control dials will rejoice at the upgrades. They gain extra resolution with a new 24.3MP image sensor, improved ISO range up to ISO 12,800 (+ extended to 51,200), a faster X-Processor Pro engine, increased memory buffer, support for compressed RAW, a new ACROS film simulation and new Grain Effect.
The Electronic Rangefinder (ERF) feature is now also available in the X-Pro2 and makes using the optical viewfinder even more practical: the overlayed EVF window in the optical viewfinder allows the photographer to check focus, angle-of-view, exposure and white balance in real-time. As well, by enabling MF assist, it also makes precise manual focusing possible when using the optical viewfinder.
The expanded AF points should make AF Tracking more precise and the joystick is a nice addition. If you prefer Touch AF capability, load the FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and built-in Wi-Fi allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to touch focus and remotely trigger the camera release. You can control exposure settings (shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and ISO), as well as apply Film Simulation, use the self-timer and trigger flash.
Since the 3.0-in. 1.62 million-dot LCD display remains fixed, you’ll have to once again resort to the FUJIFILM Camera Remote app and your smartphone or tablet for more convenient viewing options.
Movie is Full HD 1920×1080 pixels at 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p or 24p for up to 14 min. Continuous Shooting is at 8 fps (JPEG : 83 frames, Lossless compression RAW : 33 frames, Uncompressed RAW : 27 frames).
There is no bult-in image stabilizer, but most of the XF lenses feature optical image stabilization.
Read our Fujifilm X-Pro2 review.
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Press Release
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Specifications
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Sample Images
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 Special Site
Please support this site. You can buy the Fujifilm X-Pro2 from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years:
– Fujifilm X-Pro2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Your browser does not support iFrame.