The following video presents X-T2: Takayuki Yagishita x Travel Karuizawa / FUJIFILM:
“Director Moeru Maruyama and cinematographer Takayuki Yagishita visited the city of Karuiizawa, Japan to document the seasonal change through the course of a year in 2017, from spring to winter.
Filmed on FUJIFILM X-T2 in 4K in corporation with Karuizawa Tourist Association.“
This is an update to the previous blog, Fujifilm X-T2 Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.4.00 (May 8, 2018): New Functions, Compatibilities & Improvements.
Fujifilm recently released the FREE firmware update (Ver.4.10) for the Fujifilm X-T2 camera body.
- Upgrading firmware from Ver.4.00 to Ver.4.10 will remove the functions of “Select Folder” and “Create Folder”.
- The functions of “Select Folder” and “Create Folder”, which was planned to be included in Ver.4.10 will be incorporated in Ver.4.20 to be released in July 2018.
The firmware update will provide the following new functions, compatibilities and improvements:
- Addition of “Focus Bracketing”
The update will enable the photographer to shoot focus distance bracketing up to 999 frames. When the photographer starts shooting, the focal location is shifted with each activation of the shutter by the step of focus shift set from 1 to 10.
- Compatible with the newly developed cinema lens FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens
1) Aperture information can be displayed on the monitor. The upgrade allows users to select T-stop or F-stop.
2) The upgrade allows users to check the focus distance with the distance indicator shown on the monitor.
3) Automatically corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading.
4) Camera automatically calculate the White Balance based on the lens position and deliver the color expressions with Film Simulation modes
- Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display.
- Addition of F-log SD card recording
The upgrade allows users to record F-log movie data into their SD card.
- Addition of 1080/120P high-speed video mode
The upgrade allows users to shoot 1080/120P high-speed video (1/2, 1/4 and 1/5 speed slow motion), ideal for recording spectacular slow-motion footage
- Enhanced Phase Detection AF
Latest updates to the AF algorithm provide the following performance enhancements :
1) The low-light limit for phase detection autofocus has been improved by approximately 1.5 stops from 0.5EV to -1.0EV, raising the precision and speed of autofocus in low-light environments.
2) The range at minimum aperture has been expanded from F8 to F11. For example, even when using the XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR with the tele converter XF2X TC WR, phase detection autofocus can now be used.
3) Major improvements have been made to the AF-C performance while operating the zoom, which provides major benefits when shooting sports and other scenarios in which the subjects moves unpredictably.
4) Finely-detailed surface textures of wild birds and wild animals can now be captured at high speed and with high precision as a result of improvement in phase detection autofocus.
- Addition of “Flicker Reduction”
For enhancing the quality of indoor sports photography, the upgrade allows users to reduce flicker in pictures and the display when shooting under fluorescent lighting and other similar light sources.
- New functions are added to store and read of camera settings by FUJIFILM X Acquire
Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. With “FUJIFILM X Acquire” (ver.1.7 or newer), CUSTOM REGISTRATION/EDIT settings are also stored and read.
- The problems below occurred in Ver.4.00 are fixed.
1) When RAW files, which were taken by X-T2 (before firmware ver.4.00), are converted in camera (ver.4.00) or by “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”, they are not converted properly.
2) When pressing the shutter button halfway under certain conditions, the live view can flicker.
3) In rare cases, a hang-up can occur in HC mode and so on.
- Regarding the Malfunction of the FUJIFILM X-T2, please visit http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n180517.html .
For other important info and to download the firmware update (Ver.4.10), please visit http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/index.html .
The following video presents Fuji Guys – FUJIFILM X-T2 Video F-Log and Grading Primer:
“Fundamentals of what “log” video is about and how it helps. Proper use of grey cards for video. Quick tips on getting multiple cameras to match with color adjustments.“
Please support this site. Buy the Fujifilm X-T2 Camera and Lenses as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):