X-H2S Firmware Update Ver.3.00
The highest AF performance for X Series has been further improved with the enhanced subject detection based on AI and improved algorithm Optimal for fast moving objects such as sports, bird photography
FUJIFILM Corporation is pleased to announce that it will release free firmware update Ver.3.00 for ”FUJIFILM X-H2S (X-H2S)” on January 12, 2023.
“X-H2S” is the X Series flagship model equipped with the back-illuminated, stacked, 26.16MP “X-TransTM CMOS 5 HS” sensor capable of fast reading signals and the high-speed “X-Processor 5” image processor. Since its sales launch in July, The AF performance of “X-H2S” has been well received by users. The AF performance will be further improved with this firmware update.
1. Enhanced Subject Detection Function based on AI
Since its launch, we have further enhanced the AI-based subject detection function through deep learning. The two main improvements are as follows:
- Improved Subject Detection for Existing Subject Types
Subject detection performance has been greatly improved in situations that were previously difficult to detect, such as backlighting, subjects looking sideways, and small subjects. The subject detection function can be used in more situations than ever before.
- Newly Added Subject Types
In addition to the current subject types of human faces & eyes, animals, birds, automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, airplanes, and trains, it is now capable of recognizing insects and drones. Set “SUBJECT DETECTION SETTING” to “BIRD” when you want to detect insects and to “AIRPLANE” when you want to detect drones.
2. Improved AF Algorithm for Tracking Moving Subject
- The motion prediction algorithm has been improved and enables stable tracking of subjects moving at high speed within the frame. It will provide even more comfortable shooting in genres that requires high subject tracking performance such as sports and bird photography.
- The AF focusing speed has been improved when continuous shooting is started by simultaneously pressing the AF-ON button and the shutter release button while the camera is out of focus. The AF will be in focus faster than before allowing you to capture the moment even in critical situation such as sports where the situation changes from frame to frame.
The firmware update will be provided on point 1 and 2 for the models with 5th generation devices as they become available.
3. Other Improvements
- The display lag that was noticeable before and after AF will not appear, when set to “Performance Boost EVF Frame Rate Priority”
- It is now compatible with Tripod Grip “TG-BT1”. By pairing with a compatible camera via Bluetooth, the remote shooting operation for both stills and movies will be enabled. When a lens equipped with power zoom is attached, the T/W button can be used for zoom operation*.
* Compatible models are XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR and XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ. Please use the latest firmware for XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ.DOWNLOAD