The following video presents Sony | α | α9 – Product Feature:
“α9 goes beyond the norms of camera function and operation, offering new expressive potential for professional creators.
This is the E-mount full-frame interchangeable lens digital camera to feature a 35mm full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory. The sensor’s stacked structure and integral memory contribute to the unprecedented readout speed achieved by the sensor and image-processing engine.
High speed enables continuous shooting at up to 20 fps, blackout-free shooting, up to 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second, silent, vibration-free Anti-Distortion Shutter operation at up to 1/32,000 sec., and other capabilities that add up to an all-new shooting experience without interference from mechanical devices.
Correction of annotation: At shutter speeds of 1/125 sec or higher.“
The many photography experts of the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA Awards 2017-2018) have put their seal of approval on the camera that many of us already knew would win, hands down: The Sony α9 mirrorless camera is deemed “groundbreaking” and “in many ways surpasses traditional DSLR rivals,” and is therefore awarded the Camera of the Year award. At the top, while Canon edged Nikon for the third year in a row, it is not a race between Canon and Nikon anymore. Welcome, Sony.
It’s unfortunate we have only one camera per category. It would be interesting to see the runner ups in each category and the number of votes each got. For example, where does Olympus mirrorless cameras rate? They should be way up there.
Still prefer a DSLR?
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – Best Professional DSLR Camera
- Nikon D7500 – Best Prosumer DSLR Camera
- Canon EOS 77D – Best Consumer DSLR Camera
Something more compact (Compact System Cameras, aka mirrorless):
- Sony a6500 – Best Prosumer Compact System Camera
- Fujifilm X-T20 – Best Consumer Compact System Camera
Compact Fixed-Lens Camera:
- Sony RX100 V – Best Compact Camera
- Sony RX10 III – Best Superzoom Camera
Photo & Video:
- Panasonic GH5 – Best Photo & Video Camera
Wait, what if you just want to use your smart phone:
- Huawei P10 – Best Smartphone Camera
- Tamron 18-400mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD – Best Photo Innovation
- Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO – Best Compact System Zoom Lens
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS and Accessories – Best Professional Compact System Camera Lens
- Sony FE 100mm F2.8 STF GM OSS – Best Compact System Camera Lens
- Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM – Best Professional DSLR Lens
- Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 – Best DSLR Zoom Lens
- SIGMA 135mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art – Best DSLR Lens
- Fujifilm Instax SQUARE SQ10 – Best Instant Camera
- EIZO ColorEdge CG2730 – Best Photo Display
Please support this site. Buy the above Award-Winning Cameras, Lenses and Monitor from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Sony A9 and Accessories
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and Accessories
- Nikon D7500 and Accessories
- Canon EOS 77D and Accessories
- Sony a6500 and Accessories
- Fujifilm X-T20 and Accessories
- Sony RX100 V and Accessories
- Sony RX10 III and Accessories
- Panasonic GH5 and Accessories
- Tamron 18-400mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD for Nikon and Canon
- Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS and Accessories
- Sony FE 100mm F2.8 STF GM OSS
- Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM and Accessories
- Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
- SIGMA 135mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art