The Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival (May 2017), a month-long celebration of the art and profession of photography in Toronto, is inviting photographic artists to be a part of CONTACT, either as an Open Exhibition or a Featured Exhibition.
Open Exhibitions are non-juried, while Featured Exhibitions are subject to a submission process.
The Open Exhibitions category
This non-juried program is open to all, encouraging a variety of photographic practices and alternative venue options.
Benefits of registration include:
- Exhibition listing with 75-word description and one image reproduction in the CONTACT Catalogue;
- One web page with up to three images on the Festival website;
- Press access to your downloadable image on the website;
- CONTACT venue signage;
- Copies of the CONTACT Catalogue
CONTACT welcomes submissions from emerging, mid-career, and established Canadian and international artists and curators.
- The call is open to proposals for solo or group exhibitions on any subject matter, and to all photo-based practices.
- To be eligible, shows must take place for a minimum of two weeks during the month of May 2017, and must have a confirmed exhibition space.
- Submissions are not sought for CONTACT’s curated programming, including Primary Exhibitions, Public Installations and Special Events.
- November 14, 2016 – Featured Exhibition submissions due
- December 5, 2016 – Open Exhibition registration closes
Early Registration Fee (until November 7, 2016) and Regular Registration Fee (takes effect November 8, 2016) Apply: For more info, please visit http://scotiabankcontactphoto.com/participate.
- Before registering, all artists / exhibition organizers must find a venue in which to hold the exhibition.
For other important info as well as registering or entering your submissions, please visit http://scotiabankcontactphoto.com/participate .