The following video presents Canon EF-M 28mm Macro IS STM: The Day a New Lens Arrived
Watch how the compact EF M 28mm Macro IS STM Lens allows you to close in to capture incredible details. The built-in forward-facing Macro Lite helps illuminate hard-to-capture subjects for bright, vibrant photos showing off big, bold details.
Accessorize This Spring With The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flash And Canon EF-M 28MM f/3.5 MACRO IS STM Lens With Built-In Macro Lites And Image Stabilizer
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 11, 2016 – Spring is all about having the right look and Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is giving photographers of all levels two new options that can improve their creativity and versatility; the Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash and the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens.
The new Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT is a powerful, high-performance flash, offering ultimate lighting control, ideal for fast frame-rate shooting such as sporting events, weddings or red carpet moments. Photographers will appreciate the increased number of continuous flashes with the Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash. Those looking to explore the world of macro photography will appreciate the stylish compact look of the new Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens, the first EF-M Macro Lens for the Canon EOS M Camera System, which features Image Stabilization and a pair of built-in miniature Macro Lites to enhance image quality during close-up photography.
The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flash Offers Improved Continuous Flash Firing and More
The Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash is compatible with most EOS cameras. It replaces Canon’s top-of-the-line Speedlite 600EX-RT, and improves continuous flash firing by approximately 1.1 to 1.5 times* when using AA batteries and up to two times* when adding the new optional Compact Battery Pack CP-E4N.
Additional Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash features include:
- Zoom flash head covers wide focal length range of 20–200mm; maximum guide number is 197 ft./60m at ISO 100, making the Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash the most powerful flash unit in the EOS system.
- Wireless flash shooting support is available for both radio and optical transmission with compatible Canon Speedlites, offering users greater functional range when using flash.
- Multiple flash system support allows control of up to five groups of compatible Canon Speedlites.
- Dust- and water-resistant body for reliable operation in harsh environments.
- Flash-readiness indicator on the display panel, simplified button and dial operation and variable manual flash output.
- New, specially designed accessories supplied include a built-in bounce adapter, plus SCF-E3 hard-type color filter sets, and a soft case. The new Compact Battery Pack CP-E4N is available as an optional accessory for improved continuous flash firing and more flashes per charge.
- Illuminated dot matrix LCD panel for enhanced display information, including flash mode and usable distance ranges plus C.Fn (Custom Function) and P.Fn (Personal Function) settings.
First Macro Lens in the Canon EF-M lens series
Photographers looking for a compact, lightweight macro lens should look no further than the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens, the first Canon Macro Lens specifically designed for the EOS M Camera System.
The new lens features a pair of built-in miniature Macro Lite electronic flash units that illuminate close-up subjects as needed, helping to freeze movement, enhance color accuracy and provide a better sense of depth and dimension. Two curved flash units surround the front element of the lens, with the ability to illuminate both simultaneously, or one at a time. Users are also able to adjust the brightness of the Macro Lites between “bright” and “dim” settings.
The standard focusing range of the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens extends from infinity to life-size (1 time). Additionally, a Super Macro Mode allows shooting at even higher magnifications up to 1.2 times. This feature allows you to capture smaller details that really make your subjects stand out against the background.
Additional features of the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens include:
- Hybrid IS, the same feature as found on Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens, helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet focusing operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
- One UD lens and two aspherical lenses** help deliver outstanding image quality at all distance settings by reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations.
- Angle of view similar to a 45mm standard lens (35mm equivalent) provides flexible image capture of various subjects and scenes at macro distances and beyond.
- Tapered lens top shape makes it easy to capture high-quality images at close range without casting shadows.
The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT electronic flash unit is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in June 2016 for an estimated retail price of $579.991. Canon’s EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in June for an estimated retail price of $299.991.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Availability, pricing and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
* Based on Canon’s standards. As compared to the Speedlite 600EX-RT.
** Among autofocus lenses for interchangeable lens cameras. As of May 11, 2016, based on Canon’s research.
The following silent video presents Canon EF-M 28mm Macro STM Sample Movie:
Watch this sample video captured with the amazing and compact EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM Lens. This remarkable little lens opens up a whole new world or macro for beginner and advanced users
You can pre-order / buy the Canon EF-M 28MM f/3.5 MACRO IS STM Lens, Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flash and accessories at B&H (prices are in USD):
- Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT
- Canon SCF-E3 Color Filter for 600EX II-RT
- Canon SBA-E3 Bounce Adapter for 600EX II-RT
- Canon CP-E4N Compact Battery Pack
The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT electronic flash unit is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in Canada in June 2016 for an estimated retail price of CAD $699.991. Canon’s EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in Canada in June for an estimated retail price of CAD $449.991.
1Availability, pricing and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.