“In rare instances, it is possible that units of the Potentially Affected Products may exhibit the following operation errors, depending on usage conditions, due to insufficient contact between the camera’s battery terminal and the battery, even when the battery has sufficient power remaining:
- the message “Charge the battery” appears immediately,
- the power sometimes does not turn on, and
- the power turns off during use.”
Please click here to confirm whether your camera may be a Potentially Affected Product by checking the sixth digit from the left in the serial number which is located on the bottom of the camera body.
If your camera exhibits the phenomenon described in this announcement, your camera, battery pack and battery charger will be inspected, and repaired or replaced with a refurbished product (in Canon’s sole discretion), FREE of charge.
- Moreover, if you paid repair fees to have your camera repaired specifically for this phenomenon, Canon will refund the fee paid, subject to Canon’s confirmation that the repair was performed.
- If you own a camera that exhibits this phenomenon, or if you have a question about whether your camera is a Potentially Affected Product, please contact the Customer Support Center.
The support above will be available until the end of 2019 only.
Please click here for more details of this advisory.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Customer Information Centre
1-800-OK CANON (toll free)
Monday to Friday 9AM – 8PM EST (excluding holidays)
Alternatively, if electronic support is preferred, please send your e-mail at http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask.