Canon U.S.A. announced the continuation of their multi-year partnership as the official camera and printer sponsor of Little League® Baseball and Softball, the world’s largest youth sports organization.
Canon is thrilled to support the Little League World Series, capturing special moments of fans, families and players. This year, through the use of our input-to-output solutions, we’re taking the Great Wall of Fandom on the road and inviting fans at the regional tournaments to show their support on the ground through Regional Walls of Fandom. Culminating at Williamsport and displayed during the tournament, we’re excited to share the power of the printed image with fans across the country and deepen our relationship with Little League.
Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon and Little League are teaming up to present the “Picture Perfect Season,” a initiative kicking off this month with the Canon Little League Photo Contest powered by PIXMA Printers.
- By submitting their photos based on the following three monthly themes, fans will have the chance to win one of three trips to the Little League Baseball® World Series in South Williamsport, PA and see their photos on display in the World of Little League Museum in the Richard “Hank” Bauer, Jr. Little League Photography Exhibit in the World Series Gallery presented by Easton Foundations:
- Stepping Up to the Plate – Entry period: 9 am May 5 – 6 pm ET May 31, 2015
- Fandemonium – Entry period: 12 am June 1 – 6 pm ET June 30. 2015
- Team Spirit – Entry period: 12 am July 1 – 9 pm ET July 24, 2015
When you shoot and share your Little League® moments you’re not only getting game-changing photos, you’re getting the chance to win exciting Canon and Little League® prizes, like cameras, printers, and even a trip to the Little League Baseball® World Series in Williamsport!
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry.
Three (3) Grand Prizes will be offered one (1) for each Theme.
Each of the Grand Prizes consists of the following items:
- A trip for the winner and one (1) guest to South Williamsport, PA to attend a Little League Baseball World Series Opening Weekend Game scheduled to occur on August, 22, 2015 (the “LLBWS Trip”).
- The LLBWS Trip will consist of round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and the guest between the major airport nearest to the winner’s home and an airport in or near the destination; a two (2) night stay at a hotel selected by Sponsor (one standard room, double occupancy; room rate and taxes only; size and type of room determined by Sponsor in its discretion); ground transfers between the airport and hotel; and $2250 ($750 per day for three (3) days, which is intended to cover miscellaneous costs incurred by the winner and guests during the LLBWS Trip, including without limitation rental car and/or other necessary ground transportation expenses).
- The LLBWS Trip also includes two (2) tickets (one (1) for the winner and one (1) for the guest) for admission to a Little League World Series Opening Weekend Game scheduled to occur on August 22, 2015 and two (2) tickets (one (1) for the winner and one (1) for the guest) for admission to the World of Little League Museum to attend an exclusive viewing of the Winning Photograph
- One (1) Canon “Input-Output” Bundle consisting of Canon EOS products and PIXMA MG Series printer products determined by Sponsor.
- One (1) of the following items, as determined by Sponsor: Little League Baseball merchandise selected by Sponsor with an aggregate approximate retail value of Fifty Dollars ($50) or a gift card with a face value of Fifty Dollars ($50).
- The Winning Photograph displayed for up to one (1) year at the World of Little League Museum and included in e-mail communications.
Each entrant is permitted to submit a particular Photograph with respect to more than one (1) Theme if the entrant desires.
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per household for each Theme, for a maximum total of three (3) entries per person for the duration of the Contest.
- There is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
- An entrant selected as a potential winner with respect to a particular Theme will not be permitted to be a potential winner with respect to other Themes.
- Important: Each photo submitted must have the Little League patch clearly visible and properly affixed on the left sleeve of the player(s) and or umpires(s) uniform(s). Equipment pictured (bats, batting helmets, catcher’s gear) must also meet all Little League rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Submission of a photo does not guarantee publication.
With respect to each Theme, one (1) potential winner will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor and/or LLB (the “Judges”) from among all Photographs submitted in accordance with these Official Rules during the applicable Entry Period, for a total of three (3) potential winners.
- With respect to each Theme, the Judges will determine the potential winner by judging each Photograph submitted during the pertinent Entry Period based on the following criteria, weighted as indicated: (a) Use of Theme (50%); (b) Quality of Image (25%); and (c) Overall Impression (25%).
- With respect to each Theme, the entrant who submitted the Photograph that receives the highest average score from the Judges (the “Winning Photograph”) will be the potential winner.
- In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken on the basis of the tied entrants’ scores in the “Quality of Image” category.
Three Separate Entry Periods
The contest consists of a three separate Entry Periods for which there are separate entry deadlines.
- The Themes, approximate start and end dates and times and duration of each of the Entry Periods and approximate dates for selection of potential winners (all subject to change by Sponsor in its discretion) are as follows:
….Each entrant retains ownership of the copyright in any Photograph submitted by the entrant, subject to the grants of rights contained herein. By entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably consents, grants and gives permission to each of the Contest Entities and those each of them may designate from time to time (including without limitation the licensees and corporate sponsors of LLB) (all of the foregoing, the “Sponsor Parties”) to exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, use and authorize the use of the entrant’s name, likeness (including without limitation photographs and/or recordings of the entrant), voice and biographical information, and any Photograph submitted by the entrant (collectively, the “Entrant Materials”), including without limitation modifying, altering, excerpting or amending the Photograph and/or creating derivative works based on the Photograph or any component thereof, for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion and any other purpose, in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity. Without limitation of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably agrees that the Sponsor Parties are permitted, during the Promotion Period and thereafter, to display the Entrant Materials online at the Website and other websites and/or social media platforms for public viewing and comment and to incorporate the Entrant Materials in advertising, marketing and promotional materials, publications (including without limitation Little League Magazine, the World of Little League Museum and other LLB publications) and media releases and announcements (collectively, “Works”) for the Sponsor Parties and/or their respective products and services, the Contest and/or the World of Little League Museum. By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and irrevocably agrees that the entrant will not be entitled to receive any credit, compensation or notification whatsoever (other than as required by law) in connection with the grant of rights and releases herein or if any Entrant Materials are incorporated in any Works, or from any proceeds of any utilized Work incorporating any Entrant Materials….
Please see the full Official Rules for complete entry details and restrictions, prize descriptions and odds of winning. U.S. and Canadian law govern.
- To submit your photos and read the official rules, visit littleleague.org/canonphotocontest.
Also, Canon will be hosting the PIXMA Play and Print Experience loaded with baseball-themed activities for kids.
Furthermore, beginning in late July and running through the end of the tournament on August 30th, baseball fans around the world can share photos and words of encouragement via thegreatwalloffandom.com.
- Please click here for the schedule of the Little League Baseball World Series (LLBWS) events in August 2015.
Good Luck! / Bonne Chance!
Canon U.S.A. And Little League® Partner On The Picture Perfect
Season With Consumer Photo Contest And Great Wall Of Fandom
Three Lucky Fans Will Win a Trip To The Little League World Series in August
MELVILLE, N.Y., MAY 6, 2015 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the continuation of their multi-year partnership as the official camera and printer sponsor of Little League® Baseball and Softball, the world’s largest youth sports organization. As part of the partnership, Canon and Little League are teaming up to present the “Picture Perfect Season,” a initiative kicking off this month with the Canon Little League Photo Contest powered by PIXMA Printers. By submitting their photos based on three monthly themes, fans will have the chance to win one of three trips to the Little League Baseball® World Series in South Williamsport, PA and see their photos on display in the World of Little League Museum in the Richard “Hank” Bauer, Jr. Little League Photography Exhibit in the World Series Gallery presented by Easton Foundations.
“Canon is thrilled to support the Little League World Series, capturing special moments of fans, families and players,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “This year, through the use of our input-to-output solutions, we’re taking the Great Wall of Fandom on the road and inviting fans at the regional tournaments to show their support on the ground through Regional Walls of Fandom. Culminating at Williamsport and displayed during the tournament, we’re excited to share the power of the printed image with fans across the country and deepen our relationship with Little League.”
The Canon Little League Photo Contest powered by PIXMA Printers kicks off with “Stepping Up to the Plate,” a theme focusing on shots of game play. Whether it’s a Little Leaguer® sliding into home base or catching a fly ball, these images should capture the essence of what it means to be on the field. Entries will be judged on the use of theme and on the quality of the image and overall impression.
The contest is open to U.S. and Canadian residents aged 18 and up. To submit your photos and read the official rules, visit littleleague.org/canonphotocontest.
Last year, Canon built “The Great Wall of Fandom,” a real-time installation showcasing photos and messages from fans around the world, in support of the teams at the Little League Baseball World Series. This year, Canon and the Little League community will be using the Canon PIXMA MG7520 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer to bring the photos to life throughout the entire journey, capturing and preserving moments from Opening Day to the Regional Tournaments, both nationally and internationally, and culminating at the Little League® Baseball World Series. Canon will also be hosting the PIXMA Play and Print Experience loaded with baseball-themed activities for kids, giving fans in Williamsport another way to make their fandom real during every moment of the action.
Beginning in late July and running through the end of the tournament on August 30th, baseball fans around the world can share photos and words of encouragement via thegreatwalloffandom.com. Fans at regional tournaments will also be encouraged to print and show their support on their region’s very own Great Wall of Fandom. In both instances, Canon will print high-quality versions of the photos and messages on a Canon PIXMA MG7520 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer, made possible via cloud connectivity, and add them to “The Great Wall of Fandom.”
This year marks the 76th Anniversary of Little League, and part of its longtime success in providing healthy youth sports opportunities for 2.4 million children in more than 80 countries can be attributed to the assistance provided by sponsorships. Canon continues its partnership with Little League as one of 16 national sponsors, which helps Little League maintain low-team affiliation fees and provide valuable training and educational resources to coaches, parents, umpires, and volunteers. Many of Little League’s national sponsors also participate in enhancing the fan experience at the Little League Baseball World Series Family Fun Zone.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with Canon as a national sponsor of Little League and the Little League Baseball World Series,” said Liz DiLullo Brown, Little League vice president of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships. “Little League is more than a youth sports organization, it is a youth leadership organization, and thanks to the support of our national sponsors, Little League is able to provide parents a healthy, affordable recreational outlet for their children. Canon’s involvement with Little League reminds us to capture and preserve the precious moments that children make on Little League fields around the world.”
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2014† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2015. In 2014, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the 11th consecutive year. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Little League®
Little League® Baseball and Softball is the world’s largest organized youth sports program, with 2.4 million players and one million adult volunteers in every U.S. state and more than 80 other countries. Founded in 1939, more than 35 million people around the world, from a U.S. president to community leaders to professional athletes, can call themselves Little League graduates. And every year, millions of people follow the hard work, dedication, and sportsmanship that the Little Leaguers display at our nine baseball and softball World Series events, the premier tournaments in youth sports. For more information, visit LittleLeague.org, or follow Little League on Facebook (facebook.com/LittleLeague), Twitter (twitter.com/LittleLeague), and Instagram (Instagram.com/LittleLeague). Follow all of the action from the nine Little League World Series at llbws.org or on Facebook and Twitter at hashtag: #LLWS.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
This video presents How We Print: PIXMA Printing Solutions:
Don’t get blamed for forgetting another birthday, anniversary or special occasion. With PIXMA Printing Solutions, you can print from virtually anywhere to anywhere.