The following video presents Official Canon EOS M100 Digital Camera Introduction:
“See how the Canon EOS M100 can make your everyday life fun and exciting, creating photos and videos and sharing them on your favorite social networking sites.“
Canon USA’s EOS M100 camera will be available in black or white.
Canon introduced the compact and stylish EOS M10 interchangeable lens camera. Availability and pricing are as follows:
- U.S.A.: The Canon EOS M100 is scheduled to be available in black or white in October 2017 for an estimated retail price of USD $599.99^ with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens and USD $949.99^ with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens and EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens. In addition, the Canon EOS EF-M Mount Adapter is currently available for a suggested retail price of USD $199.99^.
- Canada: The Canon EOS M100 is scheduled to be available in black in October 2017 for an estimated retail price of CAD $779.99^ with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens.
Step Up and Explore the Wonders of Photography With the Compact Yet Powerful New Canon EOS M100 Camera
Compact, Stylish and Packed with Canon technology, the EOS M100 is the Newest Interchangeable-Lens Camera Option for Users Ready to Take their Photography to the Next Level
MELVILLE, N.Y., August 29, 2017 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the successor to the EOS M10 interchangeable lens camera: the compact and stylish EOS M100. An easy-to-use yet powerful camera, the EOS M100 is an excellent choice for those looking to step up from smartphone photography, offering the versatility of interchangeable lenses, optical zoom and the latest imaging technology, without sacrificing size, style or the ability to share instantly.
“We are living in a moment where more images are being taken and shared than any other time in history. In an increasingly visual world, high-quality images are the ones that truly stand out from the crowd,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A. “The new Canon EOS M100 can be the ideal camera for those eager to step up their images and share their creative vision without sacrificing image quality or on-the-go performance.”
Discover a World That Cannot Be Captured with Smartphone Photography
Canon’s newest EOS M-Series offering helps expand creativity while providing the ability to capture photos that simply cannot be matched by smartphone photography. The EOS M100 camera is boosted by a powerful 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the Canon DIGIC 7 processor. These attributes, alongside Canon lenses, are capable of rendering incredible details even when zoomed in on distant subjects or shooting in low-light scenarios, such as a dark restaurant. Packed with high-end features like Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which enables high-speed focusing for capturing fleeting moments nearly across the entire frame, and video mode, novice and enthusiast photographers alike will appreciate the tremendous capabilities of the new EOS M100 camera.
For those eager to share family photos, epic adventures or culinary creations with their friends and family, the EOS M100 camera is also Wi-Fi®*, Near Field Communication (NFC)** and Bluetooth*** connected, allowing for live-view remote shooting and the viewing and transferring of images to a compatible smart device, via the Canon Camera Connect app††. High-quality images and video can be uploaded to a compatible device for easy sharing to select social media networks. Once connected through Bluetooth, the EOS M100 camera can also work with a compatible smartphone’s GPS function to provide a geo-tagged log of where every photo was taken on one’s journey.
The EOS M100 camera features a revamped and simple touch user interface that makes it easy for users to change settings, adjust modes and even focus on their subject. The 3.0-inch LCD touch-panel display also offers tilt functionality, helpful when shooting subjects from creative angles. Users can also use touch focus and Dual Pixel CMOS AF to smoothly transition focus between subjects with the touch of a finger.
Users will also discover a newly designed and intuitive touch interface that makes it easy to choose settings and focus shots, while beginners can learn and improve on their photography using Canon’s Creative Assist function, an intuitive setting that allows users to execute their creative vision, even without an “expert level” of camera knowledge. To make a scene brighter or blur backgrounds, users simply select their desired change within the Creative Assist menu, and the camera will automatically make corresponding setting adjustments, available immediately in live view. Preferred settings can be saved for next time, while those using the mode will begin to learn more advanced camera techniques to further pursue their creative vision—beyond just Auto Mode.
Sized to be an on-the-go camera, the EOS M100 is slimmer and lighter than other M-Series offerings, and fits neatly into a bag with ease. The new sleek and refined design features two body color options—white or black.
The use of interchangeable lenses is a differentiating factor of the Canon EOS M-Series from most smartphone photography, with Canon offering seven distinct and lightweight EF-M lenses, spanning wide-angle, telephoto and macro applications. EOS M100 users can find a lens for nearly any application while maintaining a compact system ready for on-the-go moments. For those with Canon’s EF lenses, the EF-EOS M Mount Adapter (sold separately) will allow for the use of Canon’s complete lineup of EF and EF-S lenses. Exploring close-up macro photography is also possible using the EOS M100, combined with a macro lens option—great for wildlife or detailed food photos.
Expand Your Horizons with Useful Functions
The EOS M100 camera sports a host of useful functions for users of any level—whether a true beginner in the world of photography or someone who simply wants to take their images or video to the next level. These functions include:
- Video Mode: Record Full HD 1080/60p video or picturesque time-lapse movies with the push of a button or use Hybrid Auto to pull still frames form HD video recording
- Continuous Shooting: Don’t miss a moment with up to 4 frames-per-second (fps) continuous shooting; up to 6.1 with fixed AF
- ISO Range: 100-25,600 ISO range helps capture sharp images, even in low light
- In-Camera RAW Conversion: Allows users to experiment with RAW photography and experiment with various in-camera expressions
- Self-Portrait Mode: Using the 180-degree tilt of the LCD screen, take beautiful selfies and adjust brightness, focus and Smooth Skin functions with ease
- HDR Backlight Control: Shoot three images with different exposures to help naturally correct scenes that are backlit or show differences in contrast
- Bulb exposure: Continue shooting after the shutter button is released for light painting or capturing fireworks
- Creative Filters: To add a personal touch, choose from a variety of creative filter options like Grainy Film, Art Bold, Fish-eye Effect and more
The Canon EOS M100 is scheduled to be available in black or white in October 2017 for an estimated retail price of $599.99^ with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens and $949.99^ with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens and EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens. In addition, the Canon EOS EF-M Mount Adapter is currently available for a suggested retail price of $199.99^. For more information please visit usa.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016.† Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
* Compatible with iOS versions 7.1/8.4, Android smartphone versions 2.3.3/4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1 and Android tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
** Compatible with Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1.
*** Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android™ version 5.0 or later and the following iOS® devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen. or later) equipped with Bluetooth® version 4.0 or later and the Camera Connect App Ver. 2.0.40. This application is not guaranteed to operate on all listed devices, even if minimum requirements are met.
††This software helps enable you to upload images to social network services. Before uploading images, please be aware that image files may contain privacy-related information such as people and places. If necessary, please delete such information. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this software.
^Availability, prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set be individual dealers and may vary.
The following video presents Introducing the Canon EOS M100 Digital Camera:
“The new Canon EOS M100 interchangeable lens camera can take your photography way beyond the capabilities of the average smartphone and have fun creating new exciting images and videos that are easy to share.“
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the Canon EOS M100 Camera and Lenses from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):