Adorama has just announced Top Photographer with Nigel Barker, a 5-episode reality web series competition in collaboration with Nigel Barker, popular fashion photographer and former America’s Next Top Model judge — and they are searching for the next top photographer.
The contest is open to all US photographers from professional shooters to hobbyists (even iPhoneographers). Entry is simple (just upload an original image through the official entry page). The top five finalists will compete in a reality web series hosted by AdoramaTV with exciting photography challenges, and the winner will receive a prize package valued at US $50,000.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN THE PRIZE
- The odds of winning depend upon the nature and quantity of other entries.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and have internet access and a valid e-mail account prior to the beginning of the Contest Period. It is void where prohibited by law.
- “Adorama has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant and the winner.”
- GRAND PRIZE There shall be one grand prize of (a) professional photographic equipment which includes the Canon 1DX II camera, as selected by Adorama and (b), as well as an exhibition of photographs by the Grand Prize winner, to be held in an exhibition space in New York City following the end of the Contest (together, the “Grand Prize”). The total fair market value of the Grand Prize is approximately fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).
- Surprise prizes and awards may be given to finalists during the Contest period, at Adorama’s sole discretion and as explained more particularly in the Official Rules at http://www.adorama.com/col/UIimages/top-photographer/terms-1.html
- Adorama will provide flights and accommodations in New York City for finalists, as well as a per diem for meals and local travel expenses of sixty-dollars ($60) for each day that the finalist participates in the creation of episodes of the Program.
- By entering, entrants will be added to the Adorama promotional email list; recipients of promotional emails can opt out of their receipt at any time.
- ROUND ONE To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website (the “Contest Site”) through the following URL: www.adorama.com/topphotographer. Follow the links and instructions provided for online entry.
- To enter, simply transmit a completed online entry form and a single photograph made by you that demonstrates your talents, skills and vision as a photographer.
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per entrant during Contest Period.
- ROUND TWO Semifinalists will be permitted to enter Round Two of the Contest. Each Entry will be in the form of a video submission not to exceed thirty (30) seconds in length. In his or her video submission, the entrant must explain or demonstrate why that entrant is qualified to be selected as a finalist.
- ROUND THREE—THE PROGRAM Five (5) winning semifinalists will be flown to New York and invited to compete in a reality television elimination-format series of videos entitled Top Photographer, to be recorded in New York City from approximately September 18 through 25, 2016 (the “Program”). However, because of the nature of the production, up to fourteen (14) days of participation in New York City may be required of semifinalists. Do not enter if you are unable to offer that time commitment.
- Submission of an entry constitutes full agreement to these rules, terms and conditions by the entrant. Properly submitted entries will be judged by Adorama and Barker on the basis of artistic and technical merit. One thousand (1,000) entrants will be named as semifinalist winners. On or before August 19, 2016, Adorama will announce the winning semifinalists (Round One) from among the entries so received.
- Properly submitted video entries (Round Two) will be judged by Adorama and Barker on the basis of how effectively the videos communicate the entrant’s qualifications to be a finalist. From those entries, five (5) finalist winners will be selected. On or before September 6, 2016, Adorama will announce the winning finalists from among the entries so received.
- The Round Three Program is intended for initial exhibition on the YouTube channel AdoramaTV (the “Channel”). There will be up to five (5) episodes in total. In most of the episodes, the finalists will compete against each other in a variety of photography-based challenges (the “Challenges”) to be judged by Barker and up to two (2) guest judges (the “Guest Judges”) per episode. At the end of each of those episodes, Barker and Guest Judges (together, the “TV Judges”) will vote to eliminate one entrant until the Grand Prize winner will be chosen and announced. All judging will be on the basis of artistic and technical merit.
….The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
…..INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY All still photographs, videos and other artwork created by any entrant shall remain the property of that entrant, whether submitted as entries or created on or in connection with participation on the Program (together, “Entrant Artwork”). By entering this Contest, the entrant grants to Adorama the perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable, worldwide right and license to use, publish, display, market, create derivative works from, and otherwise commercially use any Entrant Artwork, in any form or format now known or later devised or perfected. On request, each entrant shall provide Entrant Artwork to Adorama in the maximum resolution and file size in which they were created. All Entrant Artwork must be original and may not infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Entrants will retain ownership in their works and may therefore register the copyrights in them, make and sell prints of them and otherwise exploit them for their own artistic and commercial purposes….
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND SURPRISE PRIZES AND AWARDS AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER AND WILL BE BASED ON THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE. WINNER’S WILL RECEIVE ONE OR MORE FORM 1099 DOCUMENTS FOR REPORTING TO THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE. BECAUSE ELEMENTS OF THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED IN A DIFFERENT TAX YEAR FROM THE TRIP PORTION, TAX FORMS FOR TWO TAX YEARS MAY NEED TO BE SUBMITTED.
…..Each Semifinalist grants the Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies and providers and those acting under their permission the irrevocable and perpetual right to use his name, likeness, voice and comments for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each finalist grants the Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies and providers and those acting under their permission the irrevocable and perpetual right to use his or her name, likeness, voice, comments, and any photographs or video or audio footage that may be taken for advertising and publicity purposes in any form of media, now known or hereafter developed or perfected, without payment of additional consideration or acknowledgement.
….Personal information collected from entrants during the Contest is subject to Adorama’s privacy statement available at www.adorama.com and, except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, will be treated in accordance with the terms of that statement. Adorama may engage certain third party companies to perform services in connection with the administration of this Contest and information provided by entrants may be collected and used by those third parties for purposes of administration of the Contest and the fulfillment and verification of prize awards…..
Please read the complete Official Rules as well as Terms and Conditions of this contest at http://www.adorama.com/col/UIimages/top-photographer/terms-1.html .
Adorama Presents: TOP PHOTOGRAPHER WITH NIGEL BARKER
World-renowned photographer Nigel Barker invites photographers nationwide to enter for a chance to compete to be the next Top Photographer; 5-episode reality series to air on AdoramaTV this fall
New York, NY – JULY 14, 2016 – Adorama, one of the world’s largest photography, video, audio, imaging and electronics retailers, announced today the launch of a brand new reality web series competition for every type of photographer: TOP PHOTOGRAPHER WITH NIGEL BARKER. Open to all photographers across the nation, from professional shooter to hobbyist to iPhoneographer, five contestants will be hand-picked by Nigel Barker himself to compete in the AdoramaTV original series, where they will be challenged to prove they have not only the skills, but the vision to become the next Top Photographer.
Enter now for your chance to compete in AdoramaTV’s TOP PHOTOGRAPHER WITH NIGEL BARKER today!
“We will be casting a large net across the country looking for photographers from all walks of life and interested in all types of photography,” states Nigel. “Obviously technical ability will be assessed but most importantly I will be looking for passion, drive and the illusive ‘eye’ that all top photographers have. Top Photographer is going to pit a few of the best shooters we can find from all around the country with the aim of singling out just one to win the title of Top Photographer. And in a world of photographers, that’s no small feat.”
“Technology these days is so advanced, yet so accessible, it gives everyone the ability to become a photographer and share their own unique vision with the world,” comments Lev Peker, chief marketing officer, Adorama. “But not everyone has the platform to get their work noticed. Through this competition, we hope to give all photographers out there the opportunity to let the world see what they see behind the lens. We’re very excited to see how they tackle the challenges Nigel and Adorama have created for them, and to let others tune in to the fun on AdoramaTV.”
Airing in November, the finale of TOP PHOTOGRAPHER WITH NIGEL BARKER will conclude with the final two contestants competing for the title and the grand prize, valued at $50k, which includes a photography equipment package as well as a photo exhibition event in New York City hosted by Nigel Barker, to take place after the finale airs.
About the Judges:
Nigel Barker is an internationally renowned photographer, author and filmmaker. Best known for his participation on America’s Next Top Model with Tyra Banks, Barker has created a prominent presence in the fashion and entertainment industry. He currently is the host of a weekly radio show called SiriusXM’s Gentleman’s Code as well as the host of Oxygen’s The Face with Naomi Campbell. Drawing on his many years of experience, Nigel has published two books: The Beauty Equation and his latest book, New York Times best-seller, Models of Influence. After 20+ years in the industry, Barker is definitely one of the ultimate influencers in the photography world.
Additional judges, including internationally known, award-winning photographers, will be announced soon – stay tuned for more details!
Enter Now for a Chance to Compete in TOP PHOTOGRAPHER WITH NIGEL BARKER
Interested in competing for a chance to become the next TOP PHOTOGRAPHER? To enter, upload an authentic image taken within the last five years. 1,000 entrants will make it through to the final phase, when they will be asked to submit a 30-second video addressing a question from Nigel. Five finalists will then be chosen to move on to the filmed competition, which will take place in New York City this September.
About Top Photographer
Adorama is teaming up with photographer Nigel Barker, of America’s Next Top Model fame, to host a five-episode reality competition series on AdoramaTV. Premiering late Fall 2016, TOP PHOTOGRAPHER WITH NIGEL BARKER will feature five talented photographers hoping to become the next “It”-photographer in the business. With the help of guest judges, including internationally known, award-winning photographers, Nigel will eliminate one photographer after each challenge to find the next Top Photographer.
With nearly 48 million views since debuting on YouTube in 2010, AdoramaTV is the preeminent source for videos related to the photography, film and music community. Of course we have new product releases and gear reviews, but what sets AdoramaTV apart is how we connect with our viewers to deliver engaging content, which includes our flagship AdoramaOriginal series “Through The Lens”; “Breathe Your Passion with Vanessa Joy”; “2-Minute Tips with David Bergman”; and “Exploring Photography with Mark Wallace.”
ADORAMA: More Than a Camera Store
Adorama is more than a camera store – it’s one of the world’s largest photography, video, audio and computer retailers. Serving customers for more than 40 years, Adorama has grown from its flagship NYC store to include the leading online destination for imaging and consumer electronics. Adorama’s vast product offerings encompass home entertainment, mobile computing, and professional video and audio, while its services include an in-house photo lab, AdoramaPix; resources and gear for photographers, filmmakers, production studios, broadcasting and post houses, and recording artists through Adorama Pro; pro equipment rental at Adorama Rental Company; and the award-winning Adorama Learning Center, which offers free creative education in online channels such as the popular Adorama TV.
Adorama is listed as one of the top five electronics retailers by Consumer Reports, “Best of the Web” by Forbes.com, Internet Retailers Top 100, and is the official Electronics Retailer of the NY Giants. Visit ADORAMA at www.adorama.com.
The following video presents Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR Camera: The Mark of Legends:
“Watch the featured video to learn about the immense power and phenomenal speed of the EOS1D X Mark II DSLR camera. Discover how this camera delivers a remarkable combination of innovation and refinement for stills and video.“