Nikon Canada invites legal residents of Canada to submit photos that have been captured with a Nikon camera to be featured in the Nikon Gallery at the CONTACT Festival (May 1-31, 2019), in Toronto, Canada.
- One entry per category.
- The Contest ends on April 15, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
- Images will be displayed at the Nikon Gallery Night, 29 May 2019: FREE Admission
HOT DOCS Theatre
506 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S1Y3
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
“Ownership of photos submitted as entries to this contest remain with the photographer, and the photograph will not be used for purposes outside of the contest without written consent.”
Sponsor and Administrator:
- The Contact Festival Exhibition Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Nikon Canada Inc. (the “Sponsor”), 1366 Aerowood Drive, Mississauga, ON, L4W 1C1, Canada.
- The Contest is open to anyone who are legal residents of Canada and who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Employees of Nikon Canada Inc., their parent companies, subsidiaries, dealers, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest, and any such person who is domiciled with an employee of Nikon Canada and any of their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be eligible to receive a prize consisting of one (1) Nikon P1000 Superzoom Camera (approximate retail value $1,399.95) (the “Grand Prize”).
- All sixty (60) of the Gallery Finalists will be eligible to have their photos displayed as part of the Nikon Contact Festival Gallery, as well as on the Nikon Canada Facebook page.
The following video presents See much further! Nikon COOLPIX P1000:
“What does the power of a 125x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens feel like? Alex Gorosh took the COOLPIX P1000 to a group of people to demonstrate – here’s what happened.“
To Enter the Contest:
- Submit a photo that has been captured with a Nikon camera to be eligible.
- The photo must be appropriate to one of the “six categories“, based on the subject or content of the photo (the “Photo Categories”), which are listed at https://en.nikon.ca/contestrules/Nikon-Contact-Festival-Contest-Rules-2019.pdf
- E-mail the photo to email@example.com. The subject line of the e-mail must say “Contact Festival Contest“
- ENTRY LIMIT: Each Eligible Entrant is allowed to submit one Contest Entry per category.
- Each Contest Entry must contain a unique and original Photo (i.e. the same photo, or substantially the same photo, may not be submitted more than one (1) time in this Contest).
- At the end of the Contest Period, all Eligible Entries will be reviewed and judged by a panel appointed by the Sponsor (the “Judging Panel”).
- The Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, will review each Contest Entry on the basis of creativity, uniqueness, format, content and/or other criteria which the Judging Panel may subjectively determine.
- The Judging Panel will select sixty (60) photos from among the Eligible Entries to be eligible to have their photos displayed as part of the Nikon Contact Festival Gallery to be held in Toronto.(the “Gallery Finalists”).
- The Judging Panel will select one (1) of the Gallery Finalists as the “Grand Prize Winner” based on the same criteria used for determining Gallery Finalists.
- Odds of becoming a Grand Prize Winner, or Gallery Finalist will depend on the number of Eligible Entries received by the Contest Closing Date, the appropriateness of the submission based on these rules and regulations, and the decisions of the Judging Panel, in their sole discretion.
- The Judging Panel will complete judging of Eligible Entries within 72 hours of the Contest Closing Date. Decisions of the Judging Panel will be final and binding on all Contest Entrants.
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law….
For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Contest Entrant with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, French version of these Contest Rules and/or any related advertising of any kind; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For other important info, and to read the complete Official Contest Rules and Regulations (English and French versions), please visit:
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
Please support this site. Buy the Nikon P1000 Camera as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):