This video presents “Choosing the Year’s Best Pictures: 2013 Photo Contest .”
- “During the month of November, National Geographic magazine invited photographers from around the world to submit photos in three categories: People, Places and Nature.
- We received more than 7,000 entries from over 150 countries, with amateur and professional photographers across the globe participating.
- We asked Senior Photo Editor Susan Welchman, and National Geographic contributing photographers Stephanie Sinclair and Ed Kashi, to judge this year’s photo contest at the Society’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., on December 9, 2013.“
Harness the power of photography and share your stunning travel experiences from around the globe with us.
The 26th annual National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest is now accepting submissions. There are four Categories for the 2014 entries:
(1) Travel Portraits;
(2) Outdoor Scenes;
(3) Sense of Place; and
(4) Spontaneous Moments.
Official grand prizes include:
- 1st Prize: An 8-day National Geographic Expedition to Alaska for two;
- 2nd Prize: A 5-day National Geographic Photo Workshop for one in Santa Fe, New Mexico;
- 3rd Prize: A 6-day cruise for two on a Maine windjammer schooner.
Seven Merit Prize winners will receive:
- a $200 gift certificate to B&H Photo,
- a framed print of merit photo, matted and framed by the National Geographic Imaging Lab,
- The Art of Travel Photography Course on DVD.
Each Entry consists of an entry form, a single image, and an entry fee.
- The entry fee is US$15 per entry.
- All entries must be received by June 30, 2014 at 12:00:00 P.M. EDT.
Submit your best shots for a chance to be featured in National Geographic Traveler’s weekly galleries and to win the above prizes.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest; publication in National Geographic Traveler magazine or online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their entries.
The photo with the highest average rating of public voting will be declared the Viewers’ Choice winner.