Sony Launches “α Universe” Community Site to Engage, Empower and Inspire Photo and Video Enthusiasts
by Communications 09/01/2015
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 1, 2015 – Sony Electronics today has officially launched the “α Universe” website (www.alphauniverse.com), an online community site that will serve as a window into the world of the Sony α brand.
The site will feature a variety of engaging photography, videography, instructional and news content designed to educate, inspire and empower individuals throughout the greater imaging community. Highlights include a blog-style home page for feature stories, a continually refreshed “Social” page that showcases select #SonyAlpha posts from various social platforms, an “Artisans” page that features profiles and portfolios from Sony’s Artisans of Imagery and an interactive calendar outlining Sony digital imaging events throughout the United States
“Today’s photo and video enthusiasts are utilizing Sony cameras to capture imagery with a level of detail and resolution that they never could have imagined,” said Neal Manowitz, Deputy Vice President of digital imaging at Sony Electronics. “α Universe gives us an ideal platform to showcase their work. Featuring an innovative and artistic design, the new site shines a bright spotlight on our growing army of ambassadors and their passion for the Sony α brand.”
α Universe will source its content directly from a variety of contributors, influencers and working professionals while also repurposing and reposting relevant articles and videos from throughout the online community.
It will also become the chief outlet for exclusive breaking news and information direct from the Sony imaging team. The main sections/tabs of the site are as follows:
- Home – A “blog style” format with continually refreshed feature stories and upcoming events, plus a link to apply for Sony’s PRO Support service program for working professionals.
- Artisans – The new in-depth homepage for Sony’s rapidly evolving and expanding Artisans of Imagery program. This page features profiles of all 40+ Sony Artisans of Imagery including artist bios, feature galleries and videos.
- Social – This highly visual page will showcase a curated social media livestream of photos that have been tagged with #SonyAlpha by customers throughout the world, ranging from amateurs to pros.
- Calendar – An interactive calendar that highlights all Sony Imaging events taking place throughout the country, including retail events, trade shows, Artisan workshops and speaking engagements and more. Users have the ability to filter and search by zip code.
- Discover – An engaging archive page hosting all historical α Universe stories. Particularly useful for those looking to expand their photography / videography knowledge of a certain topic, site visitors can easily search and access content based on a series of pre-selectable keywords/categories.