4K resolution, also called 4K2K, refers to a display device or content having horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels.
The jump from HD to 4K will be one of the biggest developments in the last 20 years….
4K will certainly be the norm by 2020. These advances will help lead to ‘A Better Life, A Better World.’
President Yoshiyuki Miyabe of Panasonic AVC Networks Company
One of Panasonic’s 4K solutions is changing photography.
- The Panasonic LUMIX GH4 digital camera makes it easy to capture and use 4K images.
- And now, it’s possible to extract single frames from the videos taken with this camera, for use as high-definition (HD) photos.
- For example, you can capture a bird precisely as it takes off, or catch a brief smile from a child’s face.
- According to Miyabe of Panasonic AVC Networks Company, 4K “opens the door to a host of new expressions that have never even been considered until now.”
- Aerial cinematographer Ferdinand Wolf shows scenes captured by mounting the GH4 to a remote controlled helicopter.
- He gives high acclaim to GH4 functions such as 1080p All-Intra 200Mbps image quality, 96fps footage for slow motion scenes, and 4K resolution.
This video presents 4K Solutions, Panasonic 4K Solutions.
- “As the video shows, in addition to transforming TV broadcasts and images of all kinds, 4K is going to touch peoples’ lives with major solutions in a wide range of locations, including retail stores and art galleries, and a variety of different fields, such as security, architecture, and medicine.”