The following video presents Olympus OM-D E-M10:
The E-M10 is the latest addition to Olympus’ stellar range of critically acclaimed compact system cameras. Featuring award winning image quality, a small form factor with a large 1.44 million dot viewfinder, in a sophisticated all metal design, the E-M10 is powerful enough to produce professional quality images in a form factor that will allow you to easily take it anywhere with you.
Olympus Imaging Corporation’s OM‐D E‐M10 Mirrorless DSLR camera is the recipient of the 2014 Design for Asia (DFA) Merit Recognition. The category / subcategory is Product and Industrial Design: Computers and Communications Products.
The Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) seeks to raise awareness amongst businesses and the public about the value of good design as an essential component in business success, as well as for a sustainable, higher quality of life for all.
The DFA Awards is presented to companies and designers from around the world that have achieved business success through good design that reflects, or has an impact on, the Asian lifestyle.
Here are some key features of the The DFA Merit Recognition winning Olympus OM‐D E‐M10.
- Ultra-slim, compact and lightweight Olympus OM-D E-M10 body.
- 16-megapixel Live MOS sensor, combined with the TruePic VII image processor and M.ZUIKO lenses for “extraordinary resolution and accurate color rendition.“
- 3-axis in-body image stabilization that compensates for horizontal and vertical angular shifts (yaw/pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll).
- The large, easy-to-see high-resolution electronic viewfinder (1.44 million pixels) provides 1.15x magnification, double-speed 120fps refresh rate and Adaptive Brightness Technology, which automatically adjusts brightness to the optimum setting for a more natural display.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy image sharing and wireless control, built-in flash for filling in the shadows.
- High-speed sequential shooting – at a best-in-class 8fps – and super high-speed FAST AF technology ensure that you won’t miss the shot no matter how quickly your subject is moving.
- 81-point AF grid that covers the entire image frame, giving you more focus options than basic DSLRs. Focus Peaking is available in manual focus mode. The Custom Self Timer and Interval Shooting features are particularly useful for documenting action over a span of time and for creating Time Lapse movies in the camera.
- Many Creative Tools include Color Creator, Photo & Movie Capture (high-quality stills while shooting a movie – at an insane 5fps in P/A/S/M mode), Live Composite Mode for capturing starscapes intuitively, HDR and HDR bracketing, Twelve Art Filters and eight Art Effects, and Photo Story for shooting normal, everyday scenes from multiple viewpoints and combining them into one image.
The total entries of the DFA Awards this year were a record high of over 1,000 from 23 countries and regions in Asia and beyond.
The DFA Awards Exhibition by Hong Kong Design Centre is a part of the Inno Design Tech Expo. The winning projects of the Design for Asia Awards, as well as the portfolios of DFA Lifetime Achievement Award, Design Leadership Award, World’s Outstanding Chinese Designer and Hong Kong Young Design Talent Award will be showcased in the Exhibition. Other than these, design publications are also available for sales.
- The Exhibition is open to the public FREE of charge.
- Date: 4-6 December, 2014
- Time: 9:30am – 7:00pm (Exhibition closes at 6:00pm on 6 December)
- Venue: Hall 3D-3E, Level3, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre