The following video presents Photographing the Rugby World Cup 2015 with Bear Grylls – Canon:
Renowned adventurer and dedicated rugby fan Bear Grylls recently caught up with Getty Images’ leading rugby photographer Dave Rogers to have a behind the scenes look at an upcoming Rugby World Cup 2015 venue.
Upcoming Series of Films About Photography Techniques to Capture Action Shots
As an Official Sponsor of Rugby World Cup 2015 (RWC 2015), 18 September – 31 October 2015, Canon will launch a series of short films that give fans in-depth photography techniques of how to capture action shots, including tips on depth of field, shutter speeds and how to best use perspective.
- In this series, renowned adventurer and dedicated rugby fan Bear Grylls and Dave Rogers, Getty Images’ leading rugby photographer will also demonstrate the capabilities of the Canon PowerShot G3 X.
- The series of videos with Bear Grylls and Dave Rogers will be available at Canon Europe’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/CanonEurope/videos .
The following video presents Win a Rugby World Cup 2015 photography experience – Canon:
As an Official Sponsor of Rugby World Cup 2015, Canon are pleased to offer fans the chance to win one of eight unique photography experiences!
Win a unique photography experience at Rugby World Cup 2015: #canonrugbywin Contest for the UK, Ireland or Channel Islands
Fans (residents in the UK, Ireland or Channel Islands aged 18 or over) are also being offered the opportunity to win a ‘money can’t buy’ experience of shadowing a Getty Images photographer at an official Rugby World Cup 2015 training session for one of the participating nations, as well as winning tickets to RWC 2015 matches.
- Canon offer fans the chance to win one of eight unique photography experiences.
- Winners will get to shadow a Getty Images photographer at an official RWC 2015 open training session for one of the participating nations.
- Only open to residents in the UK, Ireland or Channel Islands aged 18 or over.
- No purchase or entry fee is required to enter into this contest
The prizes include:
- Pre-event preparation with the Getty Images photographer. Accreditation, travel and accommodation for the prize winner only to attend an official Rugby World Cup open training session. (No accreditation provided for any accompanying guest).
- Loan of Canon equipment (DSLR Kit Bag). The winner will be loaned (if needed) suitable Canon equipment and will prepare for training session with a Getty Images Sports Photographer who will act as a mentor for the prize winner. This will take place at the training venue approximately 1 hour before the schedule start time.
- Shoot the open training session (approximately 15-30 minutes).
- Post event review at a Getty Images or Canon location. Following each training session, the prize winner and Getty Images photographer will review the images captured by the prize winner and provide feedback. The review sessions would take place at nearby Canon or Getty Images location, subject to availability. If these locations are not available a suitable alternative will be identified.
- A pair of tickets to a RWC 2015 match. The prize winner will also be awarded a pair of “ticket only” Category A tickets to the corresponding Rugby World Cup match (shown in the table at http://www.canon.co.uk/canonrugbywin/). These tickets must be collected prior to kick-off from a defined Canon ticket collection point outside the relevant stadium. Prize winners and their guests must bring ID with them on Match day.
Prize winner’s travel and accommodation relating to the training experience only will be arranged and funded by Canon.
- Match day travel and/or accommodation must be arranged and funded by the prize winner.
- No other transport, accommodation or any other expenses are included whatsoever
- A panel of judges include an independent judge and others from Canon Europa N.V. (or an affiliated company) and Getty Images.
- The most creative and original images from all valid entries received during each of the eight submission periods will be chosen at the judges absolute discretion on the basis of those images best representing a unique perspective of/on Rugby based on the submission periods theme.
How to enter (2 steps):
- 1. Submit your best image showing your ‘unique perspective’ of Rugby by posting it on social media. We will share a creative theme that will define the judging criteria per submission period during the term (see 3.5 at http://www.canon.co.uk/canonrugbywin/). At the time of announcing the opening of the submission period, Canon will confirm an image related theme that will define the judging criteria for that period.
a. Twitter (via your own Twitter profile) including #canonrugbywin
b. Instagram (via your own Instagram profile) including #canonrugbywin
c. Facebook (by commenting on the relevant Canon UK Facebook post – during the submission period)
- 2. Like or follow the relevant Canon UK social media page listed below
For each of the 8 prizes there will be a 1 week long submission period.
- The promotion runs for the period between 10th August 2015 and October 4th 2015 (the “Term”) with each week of the Term being a Submission Period relating to a specific training experience and match ticket prize.
- The eight Submission Periods and associated training experience and match prizes are detailed at http://www.canon.co.uk/canonrugbywin/ .
- Entrants can enter the same image in multiple submission periods and/or multiple entries in one submissions period however, only one prize per image and per participant.
- Images entered must be original, your own work and have not been previously published anywhere.
Any images submitted into the competition may appear on the official RWC 2015 image gallery (website and app)….
By entering images to the promotion you agree that your images may be displayed on the Rugby World Cup website and the associated Canon sponsored image gallery. You also agree that Canon can use any image submitted during the Term of the promotion for the purposes of administering or promoting this promotion and any subsequent promotion e.g. via social media
Entrants also agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the promotion or in the event that Canon wishes to discuss any other use of images submitted to the promotion….
Prize winners must agree to the open training experience being captured on film by Canon for promotional use relating to this promotion and any future promotion e.g. via social media….
Winners’ names will be available to the public for at least 2 months after the close of the promotion….
The Promoter may pass personal information relating to entrants or prize winners to RWCL and/or ER1015 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or ER2015 relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners….
This promotion shall be governed by the laws of the England and Wales and entrants agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Please see the full Terms and Conditions of this contest at http://www.canon.co.uk/canonrugbywin/ .
Good Luck! / Bonne Chance!
Canon and Bear Grylls invite fans to come and see the
power of image in rugby
LONDON, 10 August 2015 – Canon, a leader in imaging solutions and Official Sponsor of Rugby World Cup 2015, has announced a new collaboration with renowned adventurer and dedicated rugby fan Bear Grylls and Dave Rogers, Getty Images’ leading rugby photographer. Together, Canon, Bear and Dave invite fans from across the world to take a close look behind the scenes of the upcoming Rugby World Cup through a video that explores the power of image in sport and gives tips on how to capture some of the Tournament’s greatest moments.
Available on Canon Europe’s YouTube channel, the video features Bear Grylls explaining his passion for rugby and discussing his favourite moments and images from previous Rugby World Cup tournaments. Dave Rogers also describes his experience of rugby photography and gives fans insight into the history of the role images play in the Tournament from his unique perspective, having been behind the lens at every Rugby World Cup since 1987.
“Bear’s adventurous personality and ethos of hard work, dedication and team spirit embodies the survival of the fittest mantra that is rugby,” comments Nigel Taylor, Consumer Imaging Marketing Communications Director, Canon Europe. “As an explorer and adventurer, Bear perfectly mirrors our desire to invite consumers to look deeper at the world and inspire people to capture the enriching and captivating stories that unfold all around, every day. By working together with Bear and Getty Images’ leading rugby photographer Dave Rogers, we hope to encourage rugby fans from around the world to explore what’s possible through photography at this year’s Tournament.”
Bear Grylls adds, “I am so proud to partner with Canon. Its cameras are renowned for the highest quality imagery available in lightweight and durable designs, all of which matter, whether capturing an incredible shot of a Rugby World Cup or capturing the dawn over Everest.”
In addition to the video that’s available now, Canon will be launching a series of short films that give fans in-depth photography techniques of how to capture the perfect action shot, including tips on depth of field, shutter speeds and how to best use perspective. In this series, Bear and Dave will also demonstrate the capabilities of the Canon PowerShot G3 X, a camera which combines the versatility of a 25x optical zoom lens with premium imaging performance – the perfect device for fans to capture photos and movies of Rugby World Cup 2015 and their adventures in stunning quality.
Getty Images photographer Dave Rogers concludes, “It was a great experience to spend time with Bear ahead of Rugby World Cup 2015. As passionate fans of both rugby and photography, having a Rugby World Cup in our own back garden is tremendously exciting, and knowing the British sporting public it will be the most memorable Tournament yet.”
As part of Canon’s sponsorship of Rugby World Cup 2015, fans are also being offered the opportunity to win a ‘money can’t buy’ experience of shadowing a Getty Images photographer at an official Rugby World Cup 2015 training session for one of the participating nations, as well as winning tickets to RWC 2015 matches. More information on this competition is available at www.canon.co.uk/canonrugbywin.
The series of videos with Bear Grylls and Dave Rogers will be available at Canon Europe’s YouTube channel. For more information on the Canon PowerShot G3 X, please visit: http://www.canon-europe.com/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_camera/powershot/powershot_g3_x/
The following video presents Voyage to Awe-Inspiring Images with the Canon PowerShot G3X Camera:
The PowerShot G3 X camera can be ideal for capturing and sharing all your adventures, indoors and out.