PENTAX Optio H90
A compact, lightweight, digital compact camera, packed with user-friendly features and convenient functions
Mississauga, ON – January 25, 2010
PENTAX Canada Inc. is pleased to announce the introduction of the PENTAX Optio H90 digital compact camera. The Optio H90 combines a simple, functional design with a full assortment of features to accommodate a variety of subjects and scenes.
The Optio H90 features a high-performance wide-to-telephoto 5X optical zoom lens, approximately 12.1 effective megapixel CCD, a large, easy-to-view LCD monitor, and simple operation, all in a compact, lightweight body. To ensure simplified, flawless operation and superb operability, attention has been paid to every detail, including the position, shape, texture and quality of each part, and the operability and accessibility of every controller. As the result, the Optio H90 fits comfortably in your hand and operates flawlessly under all photographic conditions.
The Optio H90 will be available in Canada mid-February 2010.
1. Solid, impeccable design
To achieve the unparalleled functional beauty in the Optio H90 as an everyday photographic tool, PENTAX has paid the utmost attention to every detail in design, material and finish. The Optio H90 sports a simple, extremely functional design, with extensive use of straight lines and easy-to-push round control buttons efficiently positioned for easy access and a grip that is shaped for a firm, comfortable hold.
2. Optical 5X zoom lens for wide coverage from wide angle to telephoto
Despite its compact dimensions, the Optio H90 features a high-performance 5X optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 5.1mm to 25.5mm (equivalent to approximately 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto in 35mm format). Thanks to this wide zoom range, the Optio H90 can be used for a wide variety of subjects and scenes, from spectacular landscapes, majestic architecture and group shots within confined spaces, to tightly cropped snapshots from a distance. When coupled with the Intelligent and Digital Zoom functions, which allow for even tighter zooming in on the subject, the zoom range can be extended to approximately 31.3 times.
3. Exceptional image quality
Coupling approximately 12.1 effective megapixels assuring exceptional image resolution with the PENTAX-developed high-performance imaging engine assuring faithful colour reproduction, the Optio H90 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged, the user is assured of sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
4. Large, easy-to-view LCD monitor
The Optio H90 features a large 2.7-inch high-brightness colour LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots. This monitor delivers large images and menus, allowing the user to check them at a quick glance and easily making the desired settings and adjustments.
5. High-quality HD-proportioned movie recording
The Optio H90 captures beautiful, high-definition-TV-quality movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels).* It comes equipped with the sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode,** which automatically compensates camera shake during movie shooting with the help of exclusive software, making it possible for everyone to enjoy high-quality movie shooting with minimal effort.
* When the Optio H90’s AV output terminal is used, movie clips are output as normal-image-size data. If the user wishes to play back movie clips at high-definition-TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels), the data must be transferred to a personal computer for playback.
** When the Movie SR mode is selected, the angle of view becomes narrower than normal shooting.
6. Automatic face detection for effortless snapshots
The Optio H90 features the sophisticated Face Detection AF & AE function. This user-friendly function instantly and accurately detects up to 32 faces in the image field, then optimizes focus and exposure settings in a mere 0.03 seconds. This function can even detect a subject facing diagonally to the camera. The Optio H90 also comes equipped with other convenient features to assist the user in capturing beautiful snapshots, including the Smile Capture mode that automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile and the Blink Detection function that warns the user when the subject’s eyes are closed when the picture is taken.
7. Other features
- Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) mode effectively compensates for camera shake during still-image shooting digitally without increasing image noise.
- High-Sensitivity Digital SR anti-shake mode***. When it detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, the Optio H90 automatically raises the sensitivity to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed. This effectively minimizes the adverse effects of camera shake and subject movement under poor lighting conditions. *** When the High-Sensitivity anti-shake mode is selected, the recorded size is fixed to 5M (2592 x 1944 pixels)
- Auto Picture mode automatically selects one of eight shooting modes for optimum results.
- Digital filters, including Toy Camera and Retro, add distinctive visual effects to recorded images.
- D-Range setting, prevents washed out highlights (overexposed) and blocked up shadows (underexposed) in your pictures.
- Auto-tracking AF mode keeps constant focus on a moving subject.
- Digital Panorama mode creates a single panoramic picture from as many as three images.
- Digital Wide mode creates a panoramic, ultra-wide-angle picture (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 21mm lens in the 35mm format) from two images with a 3:2 ratio, ideal for use on the MLS system.
- Frame Composite function (with 90 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames.
- Image Recovery function recovers accidentally erased images.
- MediaImpression 2.0 for PENTAX software for image viewing, editing and filing (compatible with the latest operating systems, Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
- Eye-Fi connected: optimized for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards.
PENTAX Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Imaging Systems Division of Japan and maintains offices in Mississauga. PENTAX Canada Inc. markets digital SLR and compact cameras, lenses, sport optics, closed circuit television lenses and medical equipment.
PENTAX on the web at www.pentax.ca